• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Good 3rd person adventures

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

Hi all. I have just finished playing all the Black Mirror games, the Syberias, Broken Sword, Dreamfall and am looking for something similar. My fav games are Silent Hill and Tomb Raider, which are somewhat adventure-ish. I love a good story. And I like the graphical styles of either pre-rendered screens your character walks through or 3d. I don’t like the slideshow type or 1st person.
I guess I just wondered what you would recommend Smile

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Gabriel Knight trilogy is a bit like Broken Sword and Black Mirror combined - only better. The graphics are a bit dated though.

Still Life and it’s predecessor Post Mortem (which is 1st person game) are dark stories like BM. They can be found on Steam sale now.

I’d also recommend Gray Matter and Memento Mori, probably Overclocked. these could be said to be “psychological thrillers” or such, some of them with paranormal elements. I wouldn’t count out Fahrenheit either which is not a typical adventure but you liked Dreamfall and some action-adventures anyway.

All these are quite liked adventures, you can skip the Post Mortem in case you really hate 1st person, Still Life is not a real sequel and very much playable without it.

If you like sci-fi I could add Gemini Rue and Culpa Innata.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

toyamartin - 13 July 2012 05:48 AM

Hey i do not have Broken Sword. I would like to play it.

One word: GOG.com

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Fien - 13 July 2012 07:08 AM
toyamartin - 13 July 2012 05:48 AM

Hey i do not have Broken Sword. I would like to play it.

One word: GOG.com

That’s two words, separated with dot.

Now seriously: the first two Broken Sword games (arguably the best in the series) are playable with ScummVM. Check which files from the original discs you need - here.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

Another one-word-solution: DotEmu.com
Their Broken Sword games are 60% off this weekend.

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

Thanks all. millenia: I have heard of most of those. I have Dark Matter just haven’t started it yet. I actually got stuck in the first Broken Sword—it seems like a bug, but there’s a place that won’t resolve like it’s supposed to and I can’t travel somewhere (been a while so I can’t remember the details). I’ve played BS 4 I think—the first 3d one and liked that. Want to play the one after it too.
And GOG is pretty cool Smile
I wish there would be another sequel to Dreamfall and Black Mirror Frown
And thanks for the links.
Please add others to the list if you think of any.
I also liked the Echo Night games, though got stuck in the 2nd one. Haunting Ground seemed promising but was too damn hard. Hope I can find some codes for it.

Total Posts: 514

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

there’s also Secret Files that you can try and Alternativa from the makers of Memento Mori.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Oh yes, try “Art of Murder” series and “Chronicles of Mystery” too.

Crazy

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 105

Joined 2012-08-05

PM

Runaway? Harvester? Grim Fandango? MONKEY ISLAND?! FANTASMAGORIA?! I HAVE NO MOUTH AND *head explodes*

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top