• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Gabrielwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Your favourite historical games

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Riddle of Master Lu had a rather stiff protagonist but did fairly well in replicating an early 20th century cinematic adventuring atmosphere. Heart of China could go in the same category.

On the other side I really like Agon’s charming Victorian protagonist and seeing different parts of the world represented in that era.

Would Timequest be historical? I think so, in the same way that Journeyman Project was. Plus you got to go to interesting places, Peking, Baghdad, Cairo. Therefore the winner is Timequest!

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

Yes, TimeQuest! Rome, Caesar, Cleopatra, Arthur, Churchill, and many more. A game on the threshold between text adventures (no typing necessary) and graphical adventures. Highly recommended.

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Anglophile Adventure! I hope they really make it.

I like the Victorian era, Sherlock Holmes and Alter Ego and such. I don’t really feel that contemporary games which have history in them are really historical games but if they count here then I surely agree with GK trilogy.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

The Neverhood!!!
There’s plenty of HISTORY in the Hall of Records.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Trunkyo - 07 July 2012 02:00 PM

trust me, the last thing you want to see is a sobbing demon! Wink

I thought that if you see a demon sobbing, that will literally be the last thing you see…  Tongue

gray pierce - 07 July 2012 04:21 PM

Also not really a historical adventure game but I also really like Lost Horizon. It had very good main characters and a nice story with some real history integrated in it. And it did very well convey the 30s mood and feeling.

^ This.

Otherwise I’d have NO favourite historical games. I haven’t played any of the titles mentioned in this thread, not even the Gabriel Knight games and The Last Express (but check my “next in line”-games in my signature Innocent ) and I never cared for the Broken Sword games…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

rtrooney - 07 July 2012 08:55 PM

From a truly historical perspective I would have to nominate Qin. Unfortunately, it is possibly one of the most boring games I ever played.

precisely. Theres somthing very intriguing about qin, and it has a very nice atmosphere. But it is relentlessly boring.

Im going to go ahead and pick the tex murphy games, because we all know chris jones is a time traveler who came to us to make historical games about his time.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top