• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

SpaceVenture (The Two Guys from Andromeda) 

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

GREAT thoughts on SpaceVenture (my only hope)

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Advie - 15 January 2014 11:19 PM

SpaceVenture (my only hope)

???

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

TimovieMan - 16 January 2014 06:48 AM
Advie - 15 January 2014 11:19 PM

SpaceVenture (my only hope)

???

even him wont be much of a help ,its serious man Tongue

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

You could say all of those same things about a lot of these games. Armikrog, Moebius, Broken Age…

Frankly, we don’t need a “last hope.” There are a lot of very impressive looking adventures coming out this year. Some of them may even be new classics. It’s doubtlessly going to be the best year for adventures in a very long time, with or without SpaceVenture.

Space Quest is very dear to my heart, and I’m definitely rooting for these guys, but I haven’t really seen anything that makes me think this effort is going to be up to the level of those others, let alone the classic SQ series. I’ll be surprised if they even get a full-length game out the door this year.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

All I know my personal expectations towards Spaceventure have lowered quite a bit. If they manage to get the game out at some point I’ll be satisfied given how much they’ve have birthing issues with this one.

This is one project I try to stay in positive mind with, but it always leaves me fearing the worst.

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

And meanwhile, there’s so much else to look forward to. I’m perfectly content to take an “L” on this one, given that we have the likes of Broken Age, Tesla Effect, Dreamfall, and Armikrog to look forward to. I don’t get the sense of desperation. It’s practically 1995 all over again. To say THIS is your “ONLY” hope seems nutty to me.

Total Posts: 2060

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Personally I’m most excited about Moebius, Armikrog, Asylum and Tesla Effect at this point. SpaceVenture would be… nice. But I also don’t expect much from it.

PC means personal computer

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Indeed. Broken Age, Broken Sword 5, both good games, nice additions to adventure genre. Tesla Effect is looking sweet as is Shadowgate Returns and Dreamfall is looking promising as well. The way I seet it there’s a lot of going for adventure genre at the moment, in many fronts. There’s definetly no reason for desperation.

Total Posts: 619

Joined 2012-06-06

PM

The dude in that video is funny.  Best part of the video is the very end where he says “It will not suck, but if it does, I want my name out of the credits!”

Bt

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Frogacuda - 16 January 2014 12:16 PM

And meanwhile, there’s so much else to look forward to. I’m perfectly content to take an “L” on this one, given that we have the likes of Broken Age, Tesla Effect, Dreamfall, and Armikrog to look forward to. I don’t get the sense of desperation. It’s practically 1995 all over again. To say THIS is your “ONLY” hope seems nutty to me.

well I am just making my bets

Blackthorne - 16 January 2014 12:55 PM

The dude in that video is funny.  Best part of the video is the very end where he says “It will not suck, but if it does, I want my name out of the credits!”
Bt

yeaah Grin I thought that too. but it wont .

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

to be honest ,and that may be more appropriate at the confession thread ,Lilly is the only crowd funding game that was rewarding for far , but its not a full game that is all.

Total Posts: 2060

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

There is a confession thread? I’d like to confess…

PC means personal computer

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

Advie - 16 January 2014 01:28 PM

to be honest ,and that may be more appropriate at the confession thread ,Lilly is the only crowd funding game that was rewarding for far , but its not a full game that is all.

Broken Age is wonderful, although obviously not done yet. Broken Sword also seemed pretty worthwhile from what I played, if nothing mind-blowing. I think the best is yet to come.

But all signs are NOT pointing to that best being SpaceVenture. My problem is not just the slow progress on development, but there really was not one solid joke in the entire demo. Also no narrator, which was a huge part of what I was looking forward to.

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

The problem with the demo was, that it was more of a prototype than anything else. It clearly suffered from a lack of actual writing that could have made it feel better.

I do hope that they would release an updated version of it with more actual content other than just a couple of puzzles. They have had a lot of time since then and if their updates are trusted they’ve advanced and fine tuned their tech since then.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

tomimt - 16 January 2014 02:28 PM

The problem with the demo was, that it was more of a prototype than anything else. It clearly suffered from a lack of actual writing that could have made it feel better.

Exactly that “Demo” was nothing but perfect prototype to figure out some issues technically ,designing and game-playing and especially that Swipe thing. no save/load, lots of bugs and crashes .even Chris pope had it while playing the demo.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top