• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445KeybordzLady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Hoodwink

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Well i’ve been staring at the Hoodwink ad banner for a while now, but never actually clicked on it before today.

Is anyone excited at all about this game?

It is seemingly out at the end of the month on Origin, but I can’t see it on their site.

The video looks cool with it’s weird cell shaded look.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

The graphics are a mess imo, but there’s something about the atmosphere, and both voice acting and music sounds nice.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 42

Joined 2011-01-02

PM

diego - 25 June 2012 05:06 PM

The graphics are a mess imo, but there’s something about the atmosphere, and both voice acting and music sounds nice.

that about sums up my opinion too. Graphics are awful. It’s like they used a 90’s 3D engine and then thought they could disguise it with excessive use of a Cel Shading effect.. Everything looks so muddy and indistinguishable.

I did like the humour and the premise though, so maybe i’ll give it a go, because if i’d ignored Gemini Rue and Resonance because of their graphics, i would have missed out on two of the greatest adventure games of the past decade.

Total Posts: 129

Joined 2010-08-29

PM

I’m looking forward for this game! But I find the graphic a little “blurred” if you know what I mean… But I still like the sound and look of it, and it sounds like it could be a fun game.
Haden’t heard about it though, before Jackal wrote his article about it!

@ Lucien21 Just have to say I looove Heart your avatar!! Nothing can be better than Calvin & Hobbes AND winter!! Grin

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Visually I think it’s the ugliest game I’ve ever seen. What were they thinking?

Total Posts: 298

Joined 2004-08-15

PM

A Valley without Wind is uglier by far. And Culpa Innate wasn’t a beauty either. Judging from the trailer it seems to be genuinely funny though. I’ll wait for a demo or some review.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Well, I’ve never played a Malaysian adventure game before so I’d expect something different.

Total Posts: 109

Joined 2009-03-01

PM

Maybe I’ll check it out if it ever comes to GoG. But Origin? Not even gonna give it a look.

Total Posts: 98

Joined 2004-02-16

PM

According to their Facebook page it’s only Origin-exclusive for three months. Doesn’t say which platforms it’ll be available on after that though…

Madre de Dios, es el Pollo Diablo!

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

ozzie - 30 June 2012 07:50 AM

A Valley without Wind is uglier by far. And Culpa Innate wasn’t a beauty either. Judging from the trailer it seems to be genuinely funny though. I’ll wait for a demo or some review.

At least A Valley Without Wind was a great game. This however, is ugly to hell ruining a lot of the experience.

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Total Posts: 298

Joined 2004-08-15

PM

Well…I dunno, not everyone seems to agree that A Valley without Wind was a great game. It might become one one day, though. Wink
For me the graphics of AVwW were a reason I didn’t even give it a second look. The style was not only ugly, but extremely incohesive. Here I don’t find them exactly great, but okay, I guess. The script seems witty, the voice acting and music pretty good, so I might give it a chance.

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2012-07-01

PM

Hoodwink:  As in ‘I was hoodwinked into buying this game by their great advertising, only to find out the graphics and gameplay are terrible’

Seriously… this game is all sizzle and no steak.  Their advertising department did a wonderful job of conning people with punchy banners though.  I’ll not be fooled again, however.  This time, at least, I am mostly laughing at myself for having been duped.

Total Posts: 129

Joined 2010-08-29

PM

So you have played the game?
Opinions?

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Bump.

Anyone else played it? What do you think of it?

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2012-07-04

PM

Looks nice actually.
Someone has put up a first impression:

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2012-04-01

PM

Somewhat embarrassingly I can’t even get past the first room, so I can’t say if it is any good.

The game hasn’t outwitted me, but it has been outmanoeuvered me with a bloody stupid bit of game design…

it seems to think I am humanly possible of a massively accurate and fast movement of my mouse cursor, in a perfect circle, within a tiny ‘box’.. go outside of this and it’ll reset my progress, move my mouse straight down instead of around and down, which is easier said than done when you’re limited to basically wrist movements, and it resets my progress.

I swear I need to make about 20 quick, perfect circles with my wrist, at increasing speed… and I simply don’t have the dexterity, and the game doesn;t have the accuracy.

It’s the type of thing that would be fine on an analogue stick, but with a mouse.. it’s quite frankly bloody ridiculous, and I find it utterly impossible.

I bet other people don’t have thois problem though, could just be me and my terrible wrists.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top