• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445Keybordz

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Deponia (Daedalic)

Total Posts: 29

Joined 2010-04-28

PM

I’ve just stumbled upon an English language trailer for the game.

Doesn’t even sound half bad.

The game is due end of next month through Lace Mamba (I believe).

Enjoy…

Total Posts: 514

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

agreed…i like the voice given to rufus.suits him well.the girl i’m not so sure(haven’t decided yet).

Total Posts: 106

Joined 2010-10-27

PM

The game looks and sounds really good, I’m hooked up now. Don’t know if the summer release is such a good idea though.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

This could be a lot of fun.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

I found the majority of the puzzles and minigames in Deponia outstanding. Not too easy but doable. (Some were hard though.) Classic fare with fortunately orginal twists. Ersatzpostkatzenkastenputzmittelersatzsack anyone? I wonder how that will be translated in English. Cool

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 29

Joined 2010-04-28

PM

Fien - 27 May 2012 01:02 PM

Ersatzpostkatzenkastenputzmittelersatzsack anyone? I wonder how that will be translated in English. Cool

Well, who doesn’t?

I can’t remember exactly how we did it; I think we worked around that one, as it is absolutely non-essential to the story. Some kind of different tongue-twister without the whole “Ersatzputzmittel”- (replacement detergent-) angle, I believe.

I *could* look it up of course but that’d be boring. Much more to anticipate if I don’t.

Total Posts: 298

Joined 2004-08-15

PM

I’m so relieved to hear that the English voice acting is of good quality!
Though I think the German Rufus had better comedic timing (the sonar orientation line fell flat for me here).

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Just saw the trailer - couldn’t stop laughing
I’m really looking forward to this game!

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

ADan - 27 May 2012 03:17 PM
Fien - 27 May 2012 01:02 PM

Ersatzpostkatzenkastenputzmittelersatzsack anyone? I wonder how that will be translated in English. Cool

Well, who doesn’t?

I can’t remember exactly how we did it; I think we worked around that one, as it is absolutely non-essential to the story. Some kind of different tongue-twister without the whole “Ersatzputzmittel”- (replacement detergent-) angle, I believe.

I just played it this week (review copy), and I don’t know what you guys are talking about. Confused Maybe that’s a *good* statement about the translation!

And yes, the English voice acting is very good. Gotta save the rest of my feedback for the review! Pan

Total Posts: 46

Joined 2003-11-23

PM

Um. The game as a whole looks really charming, but I am sorry to say I found the acting in the clip pretty awful… Somewhat-maligned acting of Whispered World was way better (or perhaps that game was less overtly comedic, and bad delivery, as almost every line in this trailer gets, wasn’t such a big problem?)

This space intentionally left blank.

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2006-10-23

PM

English demo is now available:

http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/deponia/demo/44352.html

Total Posts: 34

Joined 2006-06-19

PM

I’ve just received my review copy in the post from Lace Mamba Global this morning and I must say I’m really impressed! The only problem I’ve had so far is that the game is designed to be displayed at 1080p HD (my monitor is 1400x900) and therefore the graphics are downscaled and slightly lose some of their sharpness. The HD cutscenes also stutter a little on my computer (don’t have a clue why), but there is an option to have regular quality cutscenes and they play absolutely fine. Smile

I am the founder of Alternative Magazine Online - a UK website offering alternative views on films, games, books, music and more! I am also currently working with Revolution Software co-founder/programmer Tony Warriner on ‘Revolution: The Quest for Game Development Greatness’ - now live on Kickstarter!

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2006-09-09

PM

It’s only £15.99 at Gamersgate.co.uk (even cheaper than a boxed copy from Amazon for once) but it doesn’t say it will be available tomorrow, just “Summer 2012”...

Total Posts: 42

Joined 2011-01-02

PM

i’m actually looking forward to this more since playing Chains of Satinav as that was a really great adventure game. I couldn’t get into The Whispered World, i found it dull, but maybe i wasn’t in an adventuring frame of mind back then.. could be worth another try..

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

marcd2011 - 28 June 2012 11:19 AM

i’m actually looking forward to this more since playing Chains of Satinav as that was a really great adventure game. I couldn’t get into The Whispered World, i found it dull, but maybe i wasn’t in an adventuring frame of mind back then.. could be worth another try..

Agreed on both counts, but I’m skeptical about the cartoony look of the game. Chains of Satinav looked beautiful and was at least a little serious. I think I’ll take the risk and order it anyway.

And I hope they keep the inventory “scroll wheel” and the hints highlighting the items and hotspots, because that made it so much easier than randomly using items together.

Total Posts: 42

Joined 2011-01-02

PM

Oscar - 28 June 2012 11:25 AM
marcd2011 - 28 June 2012 11:19 AM

Agreed on both counts, but I’m skeptical about the cartoony look of the game. Chains of Satinav looked beautiful and was at least a little serious. I think I’ll take the risk and order it anyway.

And I hope they keep the inventory “scroll wheel” and the hints highlighting the items and hotspots, because that made it so much easier than randomly using items together.

i turned off the hints in CoS apart from the hotspot highlighter which was conveniently assigned to the middle mouse button, but I agree that the mousewheel inventory was an absolute godsend, although in 1080p the cursor was so small i couldn’t tell what the items on the wheel were a lot of the time.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top