• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

DalefurgottenIronCretinJdawg445kanaifurtrooneywalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

SpaceVenture (The Two Guys from Andromeda) 

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Everyone has that negative expectation.
ok i wont say that this is unfair for the most awaited Game for me all i can or do is to share this and remember Roger Wilco and maybe put our faith in the guys who made him

Enjoy

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Great video, Advie Smile Thanks! This reminded me of why I loved the Space Quest games so much in the first place.

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 179

Joined 2004-01-25

PM

Nice video Advie. When I was a teenager, Space Quest was one of the games I went back to the most, alongside Quest for Glory, so I have faith that these fellas will deliver us a suitable final product Smile

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

We can’t tell anything about the character yet. Wilco wasn’t a great character by himself, the narration and the things that happened to him, made him great. Space Quest has so many memorable characters out of all the adventure games, so I agree we should have faith.

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Zifnab - 25 August 2013 11:02 AM

We can’t tell anything about the character yet. Wilco wasn’t a great character by himself, the narration and the things that happened to him, made him great. Space Quest has so many memorable characters out of all the adventure games, so I agree we should have faith.

I still think the SQ1 VGA, SQ4 and SQ6 narration is what sold the series for me. Just like the narration in QfG4 and Gabriel Knight were sold by it. I miss the good ol days of fun none first person narrators.

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Monolith - 25 August 2013 12:28 PM
Zifnab - 25 August 2013 11:02 AM

I still think the SQ1 VGA, SQ4 and SQ6 narration is what sold the series for me. Just like the narration in QfG4 and Gabriel Knight were sold by it. I miss the good ol days of fun none first person narrators.

Gary Owens Rocks and Gary Owens is again with/on the SpaceVenture Team/Project !
Wink

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

‘The Joys of painting on glass

Mark says Wink

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

That svrewards site has been so useless it’s not even funny desbite it’s a joke as a backer exclusive site.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Its funny for me..

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

syn - 25 August 2013 04:55 AM

I love the bg art. I love the high res polished look. I LOVE sq. I am excited for this game!! but… I hate the character. Frown  and I did not back it. 

I will probably buy it when it is released but with this Ace Hardway guy they really took the anti-hero thing too far.  I mean, Roger was a dunce. Roger was a tool. but I liked Roger!! He had charisma and you couldn’t help but love the guy despite his idiocy.  This fat ‘handy-man-from-a-spaceage-future’ doesn’t interest me in the least.  sad.  I do regret not being able to see the alpha demo but… I can wait Smile

I like the character enough. Roger wasn’t that great a character either. It was the narration that made it, like others have said.

That’s probably what worried me most about the demo. Not much 3rd person narration. Ace narrates it himself, and none of it was especially funny.

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Advie - 23 September 2013 05:11 AM

Its funny for me..

Glad you like it, I can’t personally say I consider it well spent money.

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

tomimt - 23 September 2013 09:02 AM
Advie - 23 September 2013 05:11 AM

Its funny for me..

Glad you like it, I can’t personally say I consider it well spent money.

Its like shoving a d***o up every backer’s a** that forked over quite a bit of money only to find that the exclusivity of the content is pretty much void.

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Total Posts: 270

Joined 2003-09-11

PM

In a boring, o so predicted manner, Paul Trowe, again, is trying to sabotage/throwing dirt at the SpaceVenture campaign.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/spaceventure/two-guys-spaceventure-by-the-creators-of-space-que/posts/615568?cursor=4596069#comment-4596068
http://www.spacequest.net/index.php/topic/656-paul-trowe-criticism-on-kickstarter-update/

He really is the lamest guy in the kickstarter adventure games revival, I wish he was banned from every social media / website related to adventure games, for ever….

Max: Right! We’ll travel through this dimensional portal on the top of the bar!
Sam: That’s spilled beer, rockhead.
Max: Oh in that case ...

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

There was a time when I thought things PT said were right, like the whole Sam Suede thing, but this just sounds petty and unprofessional. Way to shoot yourself in the foot mr. Trowe.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

and the beta tester is screwing with himself again

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top