• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoluckyloser

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Murdered: Soul Suspect

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

This may or may not turn out to be a La Noire / Heavy Rain style adventure, but the trailer doesn’t show any of the action stuff and is highlighting the crime solving aspect in all the articles i’ve read.

Game looks fantastic.

Players step into the shoes of detective Ronan O’Connor, who finds himself stuck in the limbo world of Dusk after being slayed by a brutal killer.

It’s up to players to bring the murderer to justice from the afterlife using O’Conner’s newfound supernatural abilities,

According to today’s announcement: “Ronan is free to explore the town of Salem, Massachusetts, from his shadowy afterlife. Unable to communicate with the detectives on his case, Ronan must read the minds of the living, influencing their thoughts and actions.

“As part of his investigation, he must interrogate the ghosts of Salem’s past citizens to piece together the puzzle, while battling demonic spirits to save his soul and uncover the shocking truth about who is responsible for his death.”

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Yeah that gameplay bit and concept looks like combo of LANoire and GhosTrick , i am game for such crime solving decent budget game, good to see current gen is gonna stay for atleast a year more.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Cool trailer. It’s a SquareEnix trailer alright. Are they actually developing or just publishing? Not much gameplay was shown. More at E3 I guess.

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

I was pumped when the teaser was released on GT.com during the PS4 announcement. The concept, atmosphere and feel sounds awesome. Grin

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

It looks awesome, i just wish i knew more about it.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Iznogood - 05 June 2013 04:10 PM

It looks awesome, i just wish i knew more about it.

I thought that end of the video was pretty definitive of what type of game it would be. lol LA Noire meets Ghost Trick.

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

Awful title.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Zifnab - 06 June 2013 01:25 AM

Awful title.

Great trailer, though. Not entirely sure it’s an adventure game, however. But we’ve seen far too little gameplay to be sure. Is there more info to be found somewhere?

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

New gameplay video:

Ghost trick gameplay confirmed! Looks awesome!

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Looks even better now.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Boy does THAT look promising! Gasp

Also made me think of The Novelist that was discussed here earlier. Especially the optional side quests in Soul Suspect.

Another AAA adventure game. Made of win, imo. Grin

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

OooooOooOooH, my love. My darling… I’ve hungered for your….

Yeah, it looks pretty well done and it’s by the team that gave us Quantum Conundrum? They’re basically people who worked on Portal, right? This should be good.

Total Posts: 177

Joined 2006-03-28

PM

Oh my god…I have to wait a year for this!  Cry

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

I guess the 2nd video answered most of my questions, now i just know that this will be a game i will love.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

Some screens: http://www.allgamesbeta.com/2013/06/murdered-soul-suspect-screenshots.html

Put it on the Hype-O-Meter, AG!

Total Posts: 523

Joined 2010-02-08

PM

Adam Sessler of Rev3Games (who has been working so phenomenally hard covering everything at E3 that his voice has gone a little hoarse, poor guy) has a nice, in-depth look at Murdered: Soul Suspect, walking through a bit of the game with one of the producers:

(Mild spoilers if you don’t want to know anything about the game’s premise, but obviously since it’s a mystery game they try not to tell you too much.)

Definitely looks like a game that should be on the radar of adventure gamers who like detective stories.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top