• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoIronCretinLady Kestrelrtrooney

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Wednesday 24 April 2013

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Here’s a weird screenshot from Heavy Rain. Don’t ask me what’s going on.

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

This is the place where the owner of the house lives out his darkest fantasies. You only end up here if you make a choice every girl should know not to make. This was one of the chapters I replayed several times to see what would happen if I acted differently.

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Now imagine that’s Ellen Page… Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Dag - 24 April 2013 10:43 AM

You only end up here if you make a choice every girl should know not to make.

what is that choice daddy ?

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Apparently the game made a healthy profit.

Development Cost   $21.8m
Marketing Cost   $30.4m
            ———
Total Cost       $52.2m

Sales         $130.6m

Total Win.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

Heavy Rain is great. It gets a lot of flak for being more or less an interactive movie, but I like that aspect of it and certainly don’t see the way it is designed as a negative.

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Heavy Rain is one of these very few games that makes me regret not having a PS3. If I understood correctly, PS3 games won’t work on the PS4, so maybe they’ll port it to something else so that it doesn’t get lost forever.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Well, it’s the game that I’ve cursed the most for being a PS3 exclusive (or any type of console-I-don’t-own exclusive). I’d love to play this!

Edit:
LOL, sniped by Kuru!

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

So where Is Jack now to see the loving atmosphere that i plaguing the Forums now .. lol Tongue   Tongue

Sorry today is just one of those days when you wake having that big foolish smile overyour face for nothing ..

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

Kurufinwe - 24 April 2013 04:07 PM

Heavy Rain is one of these very few games that makes me regret not having a PS3. If I understood correctly, PS3 games won’t work on the PS4, so maybe they’ll port it to something else so that it doesn’t get lost forever.

While PS3 games won’t be compatible with PS4 neither through PSN or via discs I can imagine them making an effort and making PSN-released titles able to work with PS4’s different architecture somewhere down the line, at least when it comes to the big budget hits. Either that or the entire Sony console library will become available through Gaikai sooner or later. Either way you’ll have to get a PS4, PS3 (or perhaps PS Vita somewhere down the line) to play it I imagine. Sony would have no reason to port the game to pc.

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Advie - 24 April 2013 01:59 PM
Dag - 24 April 2013 10:43 AM

You only end up here if you make a choice every girl should know not to make.

what is that choice daddy ?

To accept a drink from a stranger, mixed by said stranger (behind your back), inside aforementioned strangers house Tongue

I found Heavy Rain to be a very enjoyable game with a captivating story, I don’t really get why so many ppl critizise David Cage’s writing abilities, though I haven’t played Quantic Dream’s other two titles. Looking very much forward to Beyond, Willem Dafoe and Ellen Page in an AG, how sweet is that?

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Kasper F. Nielsen - 24 April 2013 04:52 PM

While PS3 games won’t be compatible with PS4 neither through PSN or via discs I can imagine them making an effort and making PSN-released titles able to work with PS4’s different architecture somewhere down the line, at least when it comes to the big budget hits. Either that or the entire Sony console library will become available through Gaikai sooner or later. Either way you’ll have to get a PS4, PS3 (or perhaps PS Vita somewhere down the line) to play it I imagine. Sony would have no reason to port the game to pc.

I think so, lots of Sony PS2 games ended up being released in HD collections for the PS3, I guess they’ll find someway to release the most important titles to the PS4. Sucks that we’ll have to buy them again, but that’s one of the problems with console gaming…

Heavy Rain had some flaws it was a big step up from Indigo Prophecy that had a very strong beginning but fell apart halfway. I’m hoping Beyond will be even better.
Nomad Soul was a completely different game but I hope David Cage will revisit someday.

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

wilco - 24 April 2013 07:33 PM
Kasper F. Nielsen - 24 April 2013 04:52 PM

I think so, lots of Sony PS2 games ended up being released in HD collections for the PS3, I guess they’ll find someway to release the most important titles to the PS4. Sucks that we’ll have to buy them again, but that’s one of the problems with console gaming…

Heavy Rain had some flaws it was a big step up from Indigo Prophecy that had a very strong beginning but fell apart halfway. I’m hoping Beyond will be even better.
Nomad Soul was a completely different game but I hope David Cage will revisit someday.

Lots and lots - I think in total 20 or so games has been released as HD upgrades or so? Unless I’ve missed any. Regular PS2 re-releases have also been pretty few and far between so far, but I can imagine more and more being released for the PS4, like the PS1 classics really taking off on PS3.

All in all the biggest hope for a somewhat soon’ish PS4 release of Heavy Rain would probably be through Gaikai. But really, if you want to play the PS3 library, why not just buy a used model? Can’t be too expensive these days.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Kasper F. Nielsen - 24 April 2013 07:50 PM

Lots and lots - I think in total 20 or so games has been released as HD upgrades or so? Unless I’ve missed any. Regular PS2 re-releases have also been pretty few and far between so far, but I can imagine more and more being released for the PS4, like the PS1 classics really taking off on PS3.

All in all the biggest hope for a somewhat soon’ish PS4 release of Heavy Rain would probably be through Gaikai. But really, if you want to play the PS3 library, why not just buy a used model? Can’t be too expensive these days.

More than 20 I think, I have no idea of the number but lots of collections of 2/3 games. Most of Sony high-profile games from the PS2 library. In regular PS2 re-releases they dropped the ball, some classics got forgotten. But if PS3 games start to get released on the PS4 I’m sure Heavy Rain will be one of the chosen.

But I agree, the most sure way the play Heavy Rain is to get a PS3.

Gaikai I need to see it to believe Smile. Even the horrible PSN store and downloads are really slow in my country…

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

wilco - 24 April 2013 08:25 PM
Kasper F. Nielsen - 24 April 2013 07:50 PM

More than 20 I think, I have no idea of the number but lots of collections of 2/3 games. Most of Sony high-profile games from the PS2 library. In regular PS2 re-releases they dropped the ball, some classics got forgotten. But if PS3 games start to get released on the PS4 I’m sure Heavy Rain will be one of the chosen.

But I agree, the most sure way the play Heavy Rain is to get a PS3.

Gaikai I need to see it to believe Smile. Even the horrible PSN store and downloads are really slow in my country…

Just looked it up, guess I was a “little” off base - 53 HD-remakes released or soon to be released of various PS2 titles Smile

I guess Gaikai will only benefit those who live places with decent or better Internet connections. Personally I don’t have that great a connection for my area, but I can still download 1GB of content in about 10 minutes via PSN, so I think streaming a game should be doable for me. However, tons of places still have slow connections, but I guess progress waits for no man?

Total Posts: 198

Joined 2012-08-03

PM

A very good, but disturbing game. I have not played it since its release. I might have to do a replay soon. Hope their next game will be good as well. Fingers crossed.

Anticipating:The Devil’s Men

Recently played:GK1 Remake (4), A Golden Wake (3), Child of Light (4) Memento Mori 2 (4) Face Noir (3.5) Tex Murphy: Tesla Effect (4) Blackwell Epiphany (4.5),Broken Sword 5(4.5), The Shivah Remake (4.5), Monkey Island 2 Remake (4.5)

Top 10 Adventure Games:Tex Murphy: Pandora Directive, Gabriel Knight:The Beast Within, Broken Sword:Shadow of the Templars, Gabriel Knight:Sins of the Fathers, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, Tex Murphy: Under a Killing Moon, Lost Horizon, Grim Fandago, The Longest Journey, Blackwell Epiphany

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top