• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Reader’s Hype-o-Meter

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

1. Dreamfall: Chapters
2. LSL:R
3. Tex Murphy
4. Broken Age
5. Broken Sword
6. Shadowgate
7. Mage’s initiation
8. Moebius
9. SpaceVenture

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

Ah, shit, I forgot Shadowgate.That definitely makes my Top 10.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

1. STASIS
2. Ace Attorney 5
3. Dreamfall: Chapters
4. Zero Escape 3
5. Ace Attorney Investigations 2
6. Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney
7. Broken Age
8. Moebius
9. Lilly Looking Through
10. Asylum

Wow, 4 3DS games. There will be some more interesting titles for it after all… Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i dont know if this i the right place but today Larry’s FB Page hinted for LSL2 reloaded development being discussed by Al and Josh..

‘What would you most like to see changed in a Reloaded version of Larry 2’

that was written 5 hours ago ...Yippeeeeee !!!
that one game i will be looking for big time

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Advie - 04 April 2013 12:12 PM

‘What would you most like to see changed in a Reloaded version of Larry 2’

Heh, if they remove the parser and the dead ends, then all is well.

Actually, no, they need to absolutely keep the trite phrase!!! Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

TimovieMan - 04 April 2013 12:41 PM

Actually, no, they need to absolutely keep the trite phrase!!! Tongue

If I remember correctly (I probably don’t), they held a contest asking players to send their best trite phrase, and Josh Mandel won, with something like “D’you want fries with that?” (and that’s how he first got involved with Sierra or something). So I’d say there’s a good chance he’ll want to keep the feature in. Wink

Total Posts: 164

Joined 2007-11-25

PM

1. Beyond: Two Souls
2. Dreamfall Chapters
3. Tex Murphy: Project Fedora
4. Moebius
5. Broken Sword: The Serpent’s Curse
6. Two Brothers
7. Broken Age
8. Rain
9. Ether One
10. A Wolf Among Us

It was quite difficult to keep the list a “top 10” only (I know it isn’t a requirement, but I insisted Tongue) - good times ahead for adventure gamers Smile

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Kurufinwe - 04 April 2013 02:50 PM

If I remember correctly (I probably don’t), they held a contest asking players to send their best trite phrase, and Josh Mandel won, with something like “D’you want fries with that?” (and that’s how he first got involved with Sierra or something). So I’d say there’s a good chance he’ll want to keep the feature in. Wink

You probably remember correctly, because that’s exactly what I thought too.
The trite phrase is where I learned Josh’s name (and learned about the existence of Freddy Pharkas) back in the day. I think it was written in the booklet that came with the Larry Collection (1-6) that was released in the mid-90’s.

I’ve actually been expecting a “Do you want fries with that?” reference in Callahan as well… Tongue

Total Posts: 175

Joined 2008-09-02

PM

I won’t be able to come up with 10 games, but I’ll do my best.

1. Tex Murphy: Project Fedora
2. Dreamfall Chapters
3. Beyond: Two Souls
4. Asylum
5. The Wolf Among Us
6. The Vanishing of Ethan Carter
7. Leisure Suit Larry Reloaded

Now playing: GreedFall, Control
Recently finished: Telling Lies, The Sinking City

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

I’m quite surprised to see so many people getting hyped over a David Cage game still. His track record isn’t brilliant… He’s in the same circle as Peter Molyneux for erm…well, lets call it; “bending the truth” shall we?

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

David Cage is a very good storyteller.

Not a very good storywriter, alas.

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Frogacuda - 04 April 2013 06:42 PM

Wonder if we could get Ken Levine to make a game like Heavy Rain or so on. How amazing could that be…

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Tad - 04 April 2013 06:45 PM
Frogacuda - 04 April 2013 06:42 PM

Wonder if we could pry Ken Levine to make a game like Heavy Rain or so on. How amazing could that be…

Dont need to , Cage games have soul and are emotional, without guns and violence
as means to an end, where Levine use guns to fill the story line and his game
are intellectual.

I can go on, but avoiding to turn the thread into another debate. But i wonder
why Cage brings so much negative attention, i mean comparing him with Molyneux
is too much, his pedo sim failed, and his promises are never met, his latest
abomination Curiosity and so on. Beyond has got huge potential, it will move
people and challenge the industry as an adventure game, and dont forget TWD took
alot from HeavyRain, but since it wasnt PS3 exclusive and estabilished Brand,
people found less reasons to bash it and rationalized it under good writing.

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

Advie - 04 April 2013 12:12 PM

that was written 5 hours ago ...Yippeeeeee !!!
that one game i will be looking for big time

They asked something similar maybe a week ago. Josh asked about that on these forums, too.

It seems like they haven’t really decided on what to do next, and they need the money to roll in on Larry Reloaded before they really have the resources to go full steam with development anyway.

Larry 2 is the weakest game in the series, and that kind of makes a remake both very interesting and not so interesting at the same time. I’d like to see them “fix” the game, but I also think they could make something better if they didn’t have that kind of baggage.

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Cage comes out with all this nonsense about being able to show real emotion when others have done it much better and with much less. If the writings good, the emotion will come through. All of Cage’s games so far have just fizzled out due to poor writing that leaves you feel anything but emotion for whats happening. Games before TWD did a better job then him too.

The moment his writing fails, is the moment he pulls you out of his story.

Can’t say I agree with you about Levine’s games. If they were just another shooter, it would be considered a poor one. As the combat isn’t the highlight in any of those games.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top