• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Gabrielrtrooney

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Best AG Sound Track… (Ok .. apart of Riven’s)

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

The Dig is great. It managaes to turn a fairly dull and ordinary game into a intriguing one. Michael Land is a master.

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

The score to Police Quest III is interesting because it’s composed by Jan Hammer to take full advantage of the Roland MT-32. Some of the tracks sound like they’re out takes from the Miami Vice soundtrack: http://youtu.be/HD4i—buG-s?t=1m11s

Not the best soundtrack, but some really strong tracks in here.

The best of the best would have to be between L.A. Noire or one of the Gabe Knights for me, but I’ll also throw Discworld Noir into the ring because I love this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fO_CLha6M7U

Total Posts: 67

Joined 2005-10-04

PM

Myst III: Exile.

Grim Fandango, Broken Sword. Curse of Monkey Island, Myst IV: Revelations, Discworld 2 & Noir, Silent Hill 1-4 (if they count as adventures).

I guess Riven is somewhere in the top 20, if that.

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

In no particular order: Machinarium, Riven, Discworld Noir, GK2, Neverhood, Last Express, Dear Esther. (Don’t tell me Dear Esther is not a game. Smile)

PS: I also liked the Comer soundtrack quite a bit. Comer? I can hear you cry… Yes, Comer. A genuine adventure a la Myst.

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I really liked Fahrenheit soundtrack, especially Martina Topley-Bird’s Sandpaper Kisses (plays in Carla’s apartment).

I remember enjoying the L.A. Noire, Gabriel Knight and Discworld Noir soundtracks too.

One I could mention is actually Still Life 2. I hated the game but the music was good.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 97

Joined 2011-03-06

PM

OH! Okay, I guess I am not positive if this counts as an AG, but I LOVE the soundtrack to Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines!

(I also have Sandpaper Kisses on a CD mix of video games music - love it! And I don’t remember the music from Still Life 2. I hated the game, but I’ll have to look into the music now…)

Currently Playing: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes;
Currently Re-Playing: Culpa Innata

Recently Finished: Secret Files: Puritas Cordis, Art of Murder: Hunt for the Puppeteer, Dear Esther

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Bloodlines is a great game. Definitely a superb atmosphere and would definitely recommend it to any adventure gamer that doesn’t hate action. Too bad the game turns a bit too much to hack’n'slash towards the end, I never even finished it. But I bought it some time ago from Steam sale and will give it another chance with some mods in the future.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 11

Joined 2006-01-03

PM

Hmm…for me, it comes down to a choice of one of these games:

Grim Fandango
Curse of Monkey Island
The Dig
The Neverhood
Broken Sword 1
Machinarium
The Myst series in general
Shivers
Gabriel Knight 2 and 3

If I really had to pick only one, I’d probably go with Grim Fandango for how perfectly it fits the game, along with its high quality all around.

And an honorable mention to the second Agon episode. It’s too short to compete with the above games musicwise, but there’s a haunting dulcimer piece in it that I loved.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

The Whispered World has one of the Greatest SoundTracks too , very soothing ...  sometimes can make me fall asleep Smile ,
( but seriously amazing )

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

My favourite AG soundtrack is and has always been Michael Land’s soundtrack for The Dig. It’s simply beautiful and most of the great atmosphere in that game comes directly from the music…

I also really liked the music in To the Moon. Those piano bits are just soooo good!

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top