• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Keybordzzobraks

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Ken Williams’ book is out

Total Posts: 42

Joined 2020-10-05

PM

tomimt - 09 October 2020 05:27 AM

Companies Sierra bought worked under the Sierra umbrella despite they kept their names, so I think it’s pretty fair to say, that it was Sierra that did the innovating, as that was what sierra paid for. Ken didn’t buy the smaller devs to stagnate them but to allow them to do what they did best.

In my book, I talk a lot about I interfaced with the acquired game development studios.

My goal was to make their life easier, but keep them doing what they did best. I handled their manufacturing and selling, but left to them the creation of the products, and even the packaging, documentation and marketing. To the extent possible I wanted them to feel like their own company, with their own product strategy. I wanted the heads of these groups to feel like they were still running their own company and were still entrepreneurs.

Total Posts: 21

Joined 2006-12-12

PM

I wonder when this book will be released in Canada?  I pre-ordered it on Amazon several weeks ago, but the Amazon Canada website is still saying that the book hasn’t been released yet, and that they’ll email me when a shipping date is available.  Only the paperback version is available for order other than the digital version, although I would have preferred the hardcover version.

Total Posts: 42

Joined 2020-10-05

PM

DavidN - 09 October 2020 01:52 PM

I wonder when this book will be released in Canada?  I pre-ordered it on Amazon several weeks ago, but the Amazon Canada website is still saying that the book hasn’t been released yet, and that they’ll email me when a shipping date is available.  Only the paperback version is available for order other than the digital version, although I would have preferred the hardcover version.

Can you cancel the order? If you order from http://www.lulu.com they have both the paperback and hardcover versions of the book, and will ship to Canada.

(They also have the PDF and EPUB versions of the book)

Total Posts: 21

Joined 2006-12-12

PM

Kenwilliams - 09 October 2020 05:53 PM
DavidN - 09 October 2020 01:52 PM

Can you cancel the order? If you order from http://www.lulu.com they have both the paperback and hardcover versions of the book, and will ship to Canada.

(They also have the PDF and EPUB versions of the book)

Thanks for the suggestion.  I will check the cost, as well as the exchange rate, as well as shipping costs, then I can decide whether to cancel my Amazon order.  My Amazon order has free shipping.

Edited post after checking the shipping costs from Lulu.  Costs are far too expensive, so I’ll just wait until the order is fulfilled by Amazon.  Interestingly enough, the Amazon website lists the publisher as Lulu.

I still appreciate the suggestion though.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top