• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieDaleIronCretinJdawg445kanaifurtrooneywalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #60 - The Silent Age

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Welcome to the CPT for The Silent Age. I am a big fan of this game, it has a most unusual plot and the puzzles are very creative at times.

The game is divided into 10 chapters so let’s do 3 chapters a week starting today:

Complete chapters 1 thru 3 by June 21
Complete 4 thru 6 by June 28

Complete 7 thru 10 by July 5, completing the game.

The game does tell you when you start a new chapter, for example when you see chapter 3 start you have completed chapters 1 and 2.

Here’s a description of the game:

In an adventure moving back and forth between present day 1972 and an unsettling future in 2011, players control a suitably named average ‘Joe’. One day Joe finds a mysterious dying man who seemed to come out of nowhere. He explains Joe that something is about to go wrong which will have catastrophic influences on the future. Before he dies, he hands Joe a portable time travel device and tells Joe that the fate of humanity lies in his hands!

?t=1578000484

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 2060

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

I’m in. I never heard of the game before the voting, and while I read some reviews, I don’t know what to expect generally speaking.

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I voted for the game mainly because I already have it and it isn’t horror (I’m kind of in a sensitive mood atm and don’t want to play anything too scary). This is one of the games I always forget I have (even though it is interesting), so this is a good opportunity.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i dont have this game anymore, wasn’t the first chapter always available for free?

Doom - 15 June 2020 12:18 PM

I’m in. I never heard of the game before the voting, and while I read some reviews, I don’t know what to expect generally speaking.

a straight point and click AG with a ‘contained’ sideshow perspective and a great time traveling story.

Total Posts: 5568

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I bought the game last year and installed it last night.  This will be my first playthrough.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I have the game & played some way back to find it was surprisingly good (don’t know why I thought it wouldn’t be!)

It is available on Big Fish games - no, it’s not what I would describe as casual - BF do have a lot of non-casual adventures!  Smile

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

i dont have this game anymore, wasn’t the first chapter always available for free?

Yes, the first episode was free. It’s actually the first half of the game.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 5035

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

chrissie - 15 June 2020 04:19 PM

I have the game & played some way back to find it was surprisingly good (don’t know why I thought it wouldn’t be!)

It is available on Big Fish games - no, it’s not what I would describe as casual - BF do have a lot of non-casual adventures!  Smile

I couldn’t find it on BFG. But no matter. It’s probably at their $6.99 member price, and it’s available elsewhere at half that. If I end up not liking the game, there’s no money lost by trying.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Sorry, I couldn’t find it at Big Fish either just now but that’s where I got my game from.

Total Posts: 5035

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I missed out too. Something happened today. Just before I wrote to you re: BFG I saw the game on sale for $2.99. That site has disappeared. BFG at $6.99 has also disappeared. Now the only sale site is Steam at $9.99. Things change fast. I wonder if any of the changes were due to this playthrough.

Anyway, if prices come back to normal anywhere please let me know.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

This is available on mobile? I think it’s free but with ads. Really not something I personally would enjoy but if one wants to participate and the price is the barrier…

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

This is available on mobile? I think it’s free but with ads. Really not something I personally would enjoy but if one wants to participate and the price is the barrier…

Yes, it is available on mobile. It started as a mobile game before being ported to the PC. No, it is not free and there are no ads when you play it.

Heart

Total Posts: 1619

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Mikekelly - 16 June 2020 09:13 AM

Yes, it is available on mobile. It started as a mobile game before being ported to the PC. No, it is not free and there are no ads when you play it.

Heart

I played silent age on steam a yr or two ago, I dont remember much about it, I think it was ok. I liked it enough to finish it

Total Posts: 291

Joined 2018-01-11

PM

I have never played this, and never heard of it, and I’m not going to be able to join in this time, but I’m definitely going to keep an eye out for it sometime. 

I really love that Joe keeps his 1970s mustache well into 2011.  respect. <3

Total Posts: 25

Joined 2020-06-12

PM

So, hi guys! Thank you to Mikekelly to invite me here.

My name’s Andrea and I’m developing a point-n-click adventure inspired by “The Silent Age”.
The first chapter of the game is out now for free and without any ads on the Play Store.
I will continuosly update that game via the Play Store for almost a year. So if you like it don’t unistall!
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tra.theresearchage

The scipt is poor and it has some english errors. I will improve it.

I publish an exclusive video about the making of “The Silent Age” on my You Tube channel.

In my game you will find an arcade cabinet of “The Silent Age 2”.

I know a lot of secrets about that game Smile feel free to ask, and I hope you like my project.

For more info and if you want to help me check my thread:
https://adventuregamers.com/forums/viewthread/14878/  Smile

Total Posts: 2060

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Advie - 15 June 2020 02:08 PM

a straight point and click AG with a ‘contained’ sideshow perspective and a great time traveling story.

I thought it’s some keyboard-driven platform adventure for some reason. But it’s a classic point-n-click alright.

I started playing the game and finished the first two chapters in no time. That was brief. Despite some back and forth running and clicking on every hotspot it felt more like an interactive prologue or a tutorial (only there’s not much to learn, the interface is as simple as they get). Wasn’t stumped for a minute. Can’t say anything about the story as well, an everyman who discovers other universes is an old concept. Future Wars and Space Quest immediately come to mind. Hopefully everything gets trickier as soon as the time travel gadget is activated.

PC means personal computer

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top