• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The Penthouse - a game by me

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

With completely insincere apologies for the self-aggrandizing nature of this post, I recently made a game for the Monthly AGS (MAGS) competition on the theme of ‘Sky High’.

It is called The Penthouse and looks like a 12 year old has drawn it this:

A struggling artist receives a commission to paint a portrait of a wealthy businessman in his Penthouse apartment, but this apparent stroke of luck turns into something else entirely.

It’s a very short game (20 - 30 minutes tops) which largely came into being from the lockdown, bank holidays and some comparative downtime on my part.

If you’d like to try it, you can find it here https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2439-the-penthouse/
or on itch here https://intensedegree.itch.io/the-penthouse

Short FAQ

Why would I want to play this game? - I genuinely can’t think of a good reason.

Is it Amazing er Good er… reasonably good? No, not really. But I think I can promise you that it is almost certainly better than sitting bored doing nothing for 20min.

What is this MAGS thing anyway? Each month on the AGS forums a competition is held that anyone can join to make a game in a month using the AGS engine. There is an informal vote and a winner is declared, but it is really about getting practice in actually finishing and releasing projects.

Hang on, did you say voting? So this is just some kind of cynical vote grab then? Well actually it kind of isn’t. Or at least if you do want to vote please ensure you play all the games (there’s about 5 this month I think, all short, and not all trad PnC adventures) to be fair to the other competitors.

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

This looks fun Thumbs Up & I’m having a go but I haven’t got very far as I’m well & truly stuck - I’ll persevere tomorrow!  Smile

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I got there in the end! And to mention the end, I hadn’t come across that idea before & just when you thought you’d beat the game….. excellent!  Cool

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

Thanks for playing Chrissie, hope you enjoyed it. Smile

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Total Posts: 291

Joined 2018-01-11

PM

Dude, this game is funny, and I enjoyed playing it. 

It’s deceptively involved too.  When I got to the end, I just assumed I had seen and succeeded at everything.  I might give it another shot to try and actually figure out the things I failed.

The puzzles are pretty cohesive.  There was one place where I didn’t realize you could interact with a part of the environment in one instance, but I figured it out a few minutes later.

Thanks for sharing and good luck to you in this competition deal thingy.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top