• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #58: Memoria

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I should be able to finish in the next couple of days, Advie, so I’m not reading anything until I do.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 86

Joined 2013-03-10

PM

so glad you finally got your playthroughadvie.
Memoria is one of my favourite games too.
I have been reading this play through a am glad others are appreciating the quality of the game.
I found it awesome

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Trivia and inaccuracy

The story supposed to takes places at the time of the Roman empire (509-27 BC) and the Persian empire (550 - 336 B.C), Sadia who comes from Persia speaks Arabic which shown and heard at from many words she tells thru the adventure (Yalla=come-on) (Salam: hello) and so on, even her family name which is Alkabir (an Arabic word) that mean the great

but many things are inaccurate (yeah i know its a story but just wanted to bring out my knowledge of what i know) ... tho Persia was located in Arab region it didn’t speak Arabic (or the ppl of the region) until the 1000 year after its fall due to the Islamic Arab invasion to the Persian content

AlKabir الكبير means The Great, Sadja سادية means the Sadistic, so her name is the great sadistic Laughing

Copy those Arabic words into google translate سادية الكبير (each by itself) and listen to them and read their translation.

they sound a bit different toward the end of each word pronunciation, as Sadia will sound Sadia’ton as its implication of male
and the same for AlKabir will also sound Alkabir’o (for male) as google translate is not that of a reliable pronouncer when it comes to giving the translation for nouns that are meant for women when it comes to Arabic as if its made for men only. lol

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

It took me a lot of to-ing and fro-ing, but I finally solved the elements puzzle and entered the 3 chambers!  I just quit for a while with Sadja standing in front of the monolith.  I really don’t think it’s a good idea for her to go to the Garden of Oblivion, especially at creepy Mr. NoName’s suggestion, but I will carry on until the end since I have to know what happens to her and her romantic staff. Heart Eyes

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

LK I am relieving you of your duties and taking off your badge

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I just finished the game and really enjoyed it.  The forest puzzle was fun but took me quite a while to get right because I didn’t think at first to use the appropriate spell to find the messenger, once I figured out where he might be hiding..  Despite the fact that trial and error played a part a few times, I also liked the towers puzzle.

The story was very good, and I liked the ending, although the destruction of the floating fortress surprised me after all that Sadja went through.  I also felt bad for Bryda and the Amazon woman.  The prince was a real schmuck, but I liked the evolved staff, despite his awful appearance.

Thanks for leading this one, Advie.  It was a good choice. Thumbs Up

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

thanks, peeps, you ve been awesome to ve been able to finish the game in these conditions we are living in

Stay safe everyone.

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

Thank you for leading the playthrough, Advie.

Total Posts: 421

Joined 2007-08-13

PM

I finally got around to finishing this game. Great fun! Too bad I didn’t manage to do it during the playthrough though.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Pegbiter - 20 June 2020 08:33 PM

I finally got around to finishing this game. Great fun! Too bad I didn’t manage to do it during the playthrough though.

that is a good spirit Pegbiter. keeping up with the game after the CPT has finished..

did you also have seen it coming? the identity of Sadjia?

Total Posts: 421

Joined 2007-08-13

PM

Advie - 21 June 2020 01:23 PM

did you also have seen it coming? the identity of Sadjia?

I certainly didn’t see it coming. An excellent twist that managed to be neither easy to predict nor contrived.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top