• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Does playing of adv. games makes you more creative?

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

I’ve just made a phone call to settle some electronic service data, but the male operator who sounded sleepy and nervous said I need to come over to do that. It’s freezing cold outside, so I said - I’ve already spoke to your colleague (even though I didn’t) and she promised to do that. Then, I’ve heard him yelling and calling someone, and after a second some kind female operator asked what do I need, and sorted everything out.

I’m never underestimating the power of dialog choices in an adventure again. Grin

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 291

Joined 2018-01-11

PM

So I don’t remember the exact episode of Sci show (They primarily use scientific journals as sources) But they talked about in some cases of these experiments, such as playing with brain training games.  Although the participants could improve at the game, this did not always translate to improving at similar actions outside the context of the game.  Sometimes it did.  But mostly the supposed skill being learned or improved in the game didn’t translate to a measurable real world effect.

In direct contrast to everything I just said before:

Loads of early childhood and pedagogic research suggests that the best way for a child to learn is through play.  I agree that play is a great way to learn something (like how to think more creatively) even for adults, as it engages multiple senses, and experiences into a more solid concept in the mind.  I theorize that play is probably still the best way for an adult to learn, although typically school focuses on visual language medium for learning, or lecture/explanation, with some modeling behavior as well. 

Adults don’t play in the same simple ways children do, hence the need for games!

I don’t know if games teach or cause creativity, but they certainly inspire it!

I think that’s just as important.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top