• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Keybordz

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

It would Not be an adventure..  (fun thread)

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

(if) there isn’t a locked door.

and..

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Is there a door at all?
If no look around more.
If yes try opening the door.

Is this the way you want this fun thread to go Advie or have I got it completely wrong?

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Yes and no Chrissie, whatever you would wanna say of the genre’s elements, that is the idea, poety, illogically or even seriously (imagine)  Thumbs Up

Total Posts: 860

Joined 2017-12-19

PM

I would say that three features that define adventure games are:

1) inventory that needs to be filled with items
2) puzzles that need to be solved
3) locked doors that need to be opened.

Obviously there are adventure games which don’t have any of the above, but if you pick a random game from a list of thousands of adventure games, there’s a good chance that at least one, or even all three things are present in that random game. The likelihood of none of them being present in the game is very low, although like said, not impossible.

Total Posts: 1782

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

It would not be an adventure game if I had any sort of clue as to what I should be doing.

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

It would not be an adventure game if you didn’t have either a crowbar or a piece of rope in your inventory.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

It would not be an adventure game without a flat piece of paper and a pointy object to get the key out of the keyhole on the other side of the door.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 282

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

It would not be an adventure game without a screwdriver.

It would not be an adventure game if you didn’t have to complete an arbitraty favour for someone to give you an object or a piece of information they could very well have offered you for free or in exchange for plain old money.

Total Posts: 2060

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

It would not be an adventure game if you didn’t need to find a knife to cut through something despite having other sharp objects in your possession.

I’m currently playing a very 1990s adventure A.D. 2044, and it has this particular sort of puzzle. The locked doors/rope/screwdriver thingies are all there as well. And at the moment I have absolutely no clue as to what I should be doing.

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Doom - 08 December 2019 04:02 AM

I’m currently playing a very 1990s adventure A.D. 2044, and it has this particular sort of puzzle. The locked doors/rope/screwdriver thingies are all there as well. And at the moment I have absolutely no clue as to what I should be doing.

OMG, such a bad game. The one thing I really liked was the weird zooming in on objects, never seen anything like it.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 1239

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

It wouldn´t be an adventure if nobody asked you to do something for him/her/it.

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

.. if you couldnt leave it running anytime you like, for however long you like, and come back to find anything have changed.

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

It would not be an adventure game if my heart wouldn’t go thumping like crazy while playing it.

Ok, I overdid it.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

zobraks - 08 December 2019 12:09 PM

It would not be an adventure game if my heart wouldn’t go thumping like crazy while playing it.

Gasp What adventure games are you playing? ......& are they safe?????  Laughing

Total Posts: 86

Joined 2013-03-10

PM

It would not be an adventure if you didn’t have to combine at least two objects to make another

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

chrissie - 08 December 2019 12:22 PM

Gasp What adventure games are you playing?

Well, you know...

chrissie - 08 December 2019 12:22 PM

are they safe?????  Laughing

Safe?!? Those could be fatal (in a certain age)!

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top