• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diego

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Edna&Harvey; is back… sort of

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Edna & Harvey: The Breakout - Anniversary Edition is soon on Steam, woohoo!

It’s been redrawn!!

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 310

Joined 2018-12-01

PM

Edna looks far less angry and psychotic in the redraw. It sure is prettier especially the backgrounds but I’m not sure I like the changes to the characters.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Yeah, they made her a bit younger and less angry. Not good.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

They should have left her alone. She’s far from an imbecile but now she looks like one.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 141

Joined 2019-05-03

PM

The angry look always was a bit odd, since most of the time she seems to be quite equanimous. It’s only in a few scenes where she’s really angry.

But I agree they overdid the goofiness with her eyes.

That being said if you just want the old look with the new mechanics I guess you can simply switch back and forth. It’s a nice feature but tells me that they didn’t do anything in terms of fundamental changes, which I personally wouldn’t have minded. Oh well.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Pyoro-2 - 02 December 2019 01:31 PM

It’s a nice feature but tells me that they didn’t do anything in terms of fundamental changes, which I personally wouldn’t have minded. Oh well.

What exactly? I’m asking because I can’t think of anything fundamentally that could improve the game, apart from those repetitive elevator travels.

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I only got around to playing the Edna & Harvey games last year - so won’t be partaking in the enhanced version but if you haven’t played this game yet, love a good traditional point & click game with the expected puzzles & a good story please try!    Smile

Total Posts: 141

Joined 2019-05-03

PM

diego - 02 December 2019 03:06 PM

What exactly? I’m asking because I can’t think of anything fundamentally that could improve the game, apart from those repetitive elevator travels.

I don’t know. Maybe a few different/alternative puzzles here or there, or an extra room to get through, or something. Just a little bit to expand/refresh the old game, I suppose.

New graphics and controls are nice but (for me) probably not enough to play it again. We’ll see. Maybe one day ...

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

playing it, not impressed really y that updates just impressed (as always) by the game itself and the gameplaying design that needs an Oscar or even a noble prize

Total Posts: 86

Joined 2013-03-10

PM

I quite enjoyed the Edna and Harvey games even though I thought the endings were rather bleak.
Just checked out the so called enhanced graphics and must admit that I really found it quite laughable.
They were doodle cartoon graphics then and still are for a ridiculous amount of money that is not warranted.
Don’t get me wrong I liked the cartoon graphic at the time but it sure does not look all that much improved for me to shell out a modern amount of money for this game.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top