• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #56: Unforeseen Incidents

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Welcome to the playthrough of Unforeseen Incidents, a game released just last year & the first offering from German developers Backwoods Entertainment.

Having said that, the co-designer & also co-writer happens to be the seemingly very non-German but multi-talented Alasdair Beckett-King whom you may at least know as the developer of the Nelly Cootalot games. 

You control Harper Pendrell in this 3rd person perspective point & click game - a quirky pen & ink character along with that of others you encounter within the similarly quirky pen & ink environments all brought to life with some strong writing & superb voice-acting -  please don’t be put off by the art style! 

Harper is a laid back kind of guy living within the small town of Yelltown aware of reports of wide-spread plague. He is drawn into a mystery when he discovers a disease-ridden girl reluctant to have the appropriate health authority alerted - why? & he’s tasked to deliver a letter…....

This is an interesting game that melds traditional inventory style puzzles with a variety of new ones & tells a good tale.

Where to get the game from:
You can buy the game from GOG or Humble Bumble but if you click on the links here it helps this site!
https://adventuregamers.com/games/view/27717
You can also purchase the game from Steam & Mac App Store.

How we’re going to proceed:
This is quite a lengthy game conveniently split up into 4 chapters following the Intro.
Each chapter I would guess will take you anything from 1 to possibly 3 + hours depending on whether you’ve played the game before & your pace. I can’t split the chapters up as each contain several tasks that you can fiddle around with in any order! Otherwise I don’t think there any variations.

TASK I
Buy, download & install the game if you haven’t already.
Play through the Intro cut scenes until you get to the playable area after Harper has answered the phone & stop:

It’s the weekend so you have until late Sunday - let me know if you want more time.

Please mods can you pin the thread.  Smile

Total Posts: 86

Joined 2013-03-10

PM

So I’m all fired up and ready to go.
I’m quite looking forward to replaying this.

Total Posts: 421

Joined 2007-08-13

PM

I’m ready and eager to start playing. This will be my first time. So far, I’m liking the art style.

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

I’ve bought the game, but it requires 64bit operating system, and mine is 32bit. This is the first time I’ve encountered such requirement. Meh Unfortunately it’s too much of a hassle for me to install the new system right now, so I’m afraid I wouldn’t be able to join.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I’ve reached the stopping point.

Ready for next set of instructions.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Diego, do it.. it will work with 32bits; a bit buggy but will do, and if you wanna be safe n sure, compare you req to this page/site

https://www.game-debate.com/games/index.php?g_id=35778&game=Unforeseen Incidents

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I’m at the stopping point.  I couldn’t figure out how to get to the menu to quit, so I just used Command Q.  Is it ESC or is there a hotspot I missed?

Edit:  I looked at the intro to your walkthrough, Chrissie, and I see that it’s ESC.

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Looks like everyone is ready to move on except for diego - I’m sorry that you’re probably not going to be able to play the game just yet even following Advie’s advice?

I’m glad you managed to find the menu Lady Kestrel! - it’s always worth trying ESC   Smile

Okay, go on to play through the rest of the intro until you get to this scene here after the title screen for Chapter 1:

It shouldn’t take more than 30 mins so we’ll proceed after everyone has got to this stopping point - by tomorrow evening (CET)?

Just a couple of other things about the gameplay - it doesn’t seem to matter if you use the left or right mouse button to click on characters & items.
It’s worth clicking on them more than once to glean more info.
Pressing the spacebar highlights all points of interest.

When you get to the stopping point did you choose to call RHC for the sick girl or respect her wishes to be left alone?

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I am at the next stopping point. I respected her wishes to be left alone.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 421

Joined 2007-08-13

PM

I’ve reached the beginning of Chapter 1.

I chose to respect the sick girls wishes for my save game. However, I also tried the other option to see how big a difference there was.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Went through hell to get this baby working… But I’m at the stopping point chose to respect the girl’s wish. Like the music, the voice acting is pretty good, and the graphics are top notch (apart from amateurish close-ups, but it doesn’t bother). Few chuckles along the way, as well. One minor thing that could have been organized better is the need to drag the inventory item to a screen (I swear I tried 5 or 6 times to click on it, then on the item on the screen before I realized I need to drag and drop it).

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

deleted

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

No, it doesn’t make any difference as the neighbour calls them if Harper doesn’t. But it’s fun to confront the woman that McBride’s telescope is ‘observing’ Laughing

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Can we move on with Chapter 1, chrissie?

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

diego, I’m just waiting for Lady kestrel & mo54 to confirm that they’ve finished the Intro & also has Advie got there? Please be a bit more patient!

Btw diego, I’m delighted but so surprised you got the game working!  Thumbs Up Would that be another unforeseen incident I wonder?  Laughing

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

chrissie - 18 November 2019 12:45 PM

Btw diego, I’m delighted but so surprised you got the game working!  Thumbs Up Would that be another unforeseen incident I wonder?  Laughing

Oh, yeah - I solved so many puzzles until I got it working (literally, until 4AM in the morning) that once I got the game going I was fed up with puzzles! Yum (just kidding) There’s another “interesting” thing - in order to play the game, I have to switch between systems (basically, restart the computer), so when I’m into the game, I tend to play it in large chunks before I restart the computer once again. Which is good, as I dedicate more attention to a game.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top