• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieDalefurgottenIronCretinJdawg445kanaifurtrooneywalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Zork graphical remake

Total Posts: 2060

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Oh, I thought it was pre-rendered, but it’s actually realtime 3D. But it still looks like something from the mid 1990s. That’s a weird tendency - the recent Gold Rush remake/sequel also had that “demake” quality.

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 330

Joined 2017-08-15

PM

Doom - 14 September 2019 06:18 PM

Oh, I thought it was pre-rendered, but it’s actually realtime 3D. But it still looks like something from the mid 1990s. That’s a weird tendency - the recent Gold Rush remake/sequel also had that “demake” quality.

If you take a look at the Steam page, you can see it’s more of an amateur project than anything. The developer is using assets from Unity tutorials and it looks like he/she hasn’t obtained or sought any permission from the relevant rights holders.

I admire the dev’s spirit of adventure to be selling this game for the price of $24.

Member of the NAALCB - (North American Anti- Lobster Cop Brigade) since 2019.

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Here’s a (HUGE) case in my previous point.

there are SO MUCH unnecessary quotes around this place

I think that occurs because people here are used to press “Quote” instead of “Post Reply”.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Many.

Tongue

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

I said “much” because the instances of unnecessary quoting here are not countable.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2020-02-12

PM

Sounds Great !

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Soo… It seems that the developer has changed the name of the game in Steam, it’s now called “3D Text Adventure”. On top of that, it’s now the right price as well, being as it is free at Steam, so I gave it a spin.

It’s all in all what you’d expect, an amateur developed game with poor optimization and badly designed gameplay. Even the new name of it is somewhat ironic considering it has very little text in it. Not that I bothered playing far, as it is easy to get stuck on things or get stuck out from the intended game area.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top