• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

walas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Detective Point-And-Click Adventure Games Like Agatha Christie & Gabriel Knight 2/3?

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2019-04-26

PM

I like snooping and to check all characters belongings in games.
I’ll be very happy if you can help me to find games like these.
I’ve searched a lot but couldn’t find any besides the Sherlock Holmes series.

Total Posts: 92

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

I’m playing Return of the Obra Dinn right now which is a fantastic mystery in which you have to investigate the deaths of crew aboard a boat back from a long voyage. Very cool detective mechanic where you piece together clues by viewing the last moment alive of each crew member and slowly form a complete picture of what happened.

Total Posts: 67

Joined 2018-01-10

PM

Sinking Island
The Raven: Legacy of a Master Thief
Face Noir
Santa Fe Mysteries: Elk Moon Murder & Sacred Ground
Dr. Doyle & The Mystery Of The Cloche Hat
Cruise for a Corpse

Total Posts: 181

Joined 2005-11-15

PM

Perhaps not detective-y enough, but since you mention some older games the one that comes to my mind when I hear “snooping and to check all characters belongings” is The Last Express.

Total Posts: 505

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

Hard to know exactly what you’re looking for, but I recently finished The Painscreek Killings, and it’s about a journalist trying to piece things together and find the culprit of a murder in a deserted town. Lots of snooping around in peoples homes etc. Should fit your criteria, apart from being a realtime 3D game and not p&c.

Others that come to mind are Whispers of a Machine, Kathy Rain and Still Life (and maybe its prequel Post Mortem and sequel Still Life 2). And The Carol Reed series is very much about snooping around in peoples homes trying to sort out murders/disappearances.

Perhaps The Art of Murder games (where you play an FBI agent hunting murderers if I recall correctly). Not very good though.

Contradiction and The Shapeshifting Detective are both good detective games, but based mostly on dialog and with very little snooping.

Total Posts: 1239

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Well, how not to mention Discworld Noir or Tex Murphy series…

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 32

Joined 2015-03-02

PM

Total Posts: 141

Joined 2019-05-03

PM

Colonel’s Bequest is a “real” mystery in that you actually need to figure stuff out yourself (instead of the character doing it for you).

Erika Reed is a solid mystery series for the most part (isn’t it kinda weird that there’s so few pure mystery adventure games and then two have heroines called Reed?!)

Culpa Innata is not a classic point&click;, but if you feel like doing some investigating in a weird setting it might be worth a look.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Blade Runner game has great detective system, but that one isn’t sold anywhere.
Frogwares Sherlock Holmes games are pretty decent and while most of them are either 1st or 3rd person 3D games, they do have a couple of point and click games as well on the older games.

There’s also the old Lost Files of Sherlock Holmes games EA published in the 90s. Both P’n'C games and very much of relying on detective stuff. I wrote a review of the first game a while back. They aren’t sold anywhere either though.

https://playernone.blogspot.com/2019/08/the-lost-files-of-sherlock-holmes-case.html

Total Posts: 278

Joined 2012-12-22

PM

Dirty Split
Drawn Down
Rainswept
The Samaritan Paradox
Tony Tough

Story rich DRM-free games for Windows, Mac and linux for direct download - https://fireflowergames.com/. Half the profit goes to projects that benefit the environment and game related projects.

Total Posts: 8

Joined 2011-10-25

PM

This one, surprisingly, still seems to work with Windows 10 -

https://adventuregamers.com/games/view/15598

Total Posts: 505

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

tylwyth - 13 August 2019 05:32 AM

This one, surprisingly, still seems to work with Windows 10 -

https://adventuregamers.com/games/view/15598

I replayed The Watchmaker not that long ago (yes, on Windows 10) and found it really good (had a hard time getting into it the first time around). Agree that it should fit the bill, since it probably had the Gabriel Knight games, especially the third one, as a major source of inspiration.

Total Posts: 127

Joined 2012-02-10

PM

Spycraft: The Great Game is excellent if you want your thriller spiced up with cloak-and-dagger elements, and its puzzles are well-integrated into the plot. It really feels like solving a spy mystery. If you liked splicing those tapes in GK2, there are puzzles in Spycraft that have that general feel: manipulating a situation using technology to get a desired outcome.

Total Posts: 5035

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Pyoro-2 - 11 August 2019 05:14 AM

Colonel’s Bequest is a “real” mystery in that you actually need to figure stuff out yourself (instead of the character doing it for you).

I’d also suggest the “sequel” Laura Bow in The Dagger of Amon Ra.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top