• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CarleschrissieJdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

J.U.L.I.A among the stars - reconstructing memory mdules

Total Posts: 26

Joined 2004-01-02

PM

Hello all, I’ve been stuck for too long in this stage. I’ve menaged to reconstruct one module. Don’t know how I did it. The interface is confusing at best, the pictures are quite complex, and the whole stage is very frustrating. Went on toe blindly clicking anywhere in frustration.

Does anyone out there have a saved game file, for right after completing this puzzle? I’m playing the HD ready version.

Many thanks for you kind help!

Laughing

Total Posts: 1782

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

lipsum - 15 February 2019 03:08 PM

Hello all, I’ve been stuck for too long in this stage. I’ve menaged to reconstruct one module. Don’t know how I did it. The interface is confusing at best, the pictures are quite complex, and the whole stage is very frustrating. Went on toe blindly clicking anywhere in frustration.

Does anyone out there have a saved game file, for right after completing this puzzle? I’m playing the HD ready version.

Many thanks for you kind help!

Laughing

There are a number of these puzzles lipsum so it would be worth persevering. The one thing I learned from the first iteration of the game - after a LOT of trying - is that you don’t directly match the example. The only absolute is that the various “definite” pieces, i.e. those that are not “pipes”, must be in the sequence as the example but not in the same position. Also, neither the “definite” pieces nor the “pipes” have to have the same orientation as shown in the example. I’ll try to give an idea where the -‘s are “pipes” and anything else is a “definite” piece:

The example: ——-*——(—”—-@#

You can create: —*———-(—————”-@————-#

This is obviously very simple as I can’t reasonably show the differing orientations nor the changes of angle that you can use with the “pipes” but the @ sign, for example, could be reversed or placed on it’s side and that works PROVIDED they are in the correct sequence.

Hope that helps a little bit Smile

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 26

Joined 2004-01-02

PM

There are *more* puzzles like this? (sigh…)

I’ll give it a few more tries. Many thanks for your reply :-)

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

lipsum - 16 February 2019 04:07 AM

There are *more* puzzles like this? (sigh…)

I’ll give it a few more tries. Many thanks for your reply :-)

PM’d you an example lipsum.

Didn’t want to post it here as it’s not possible to spoiler a picture - at least I don’t think it is Smile

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 8469

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Jabod - 16 February 2019 06:15 AM

Didn’t want to post it here as it’s not possible to spoiler a picture - at least I don’t think it is Smile

It’s not. But as a workaround, you could just link to the screenshot instead. Like this:

[spoiler]See this image: click it![/spoiler]

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

TimovieMan - 16 February 2019 07:17 AM
Jabod - 16 February 2019 06:15 AM

It’s not. But as a workaround, you could just link to the screenshot instead. Like this:

[spoiler]See this image: click it![/spoiler]

Too much of a pain to do that Tim - much easier to PM it plus doing it that way means no-one else can inadvertently see it and possibly spoil their enjoyment of the game.

As an aside to lipsum I have to say that, once I’d worked out that I didn’t need to do an exact like for like, I enjoyed those module upgrade problems.

Life is what it is.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Jabod - 16 February 2019 07:55 AM

Too much of a pain to do that Tim - much easier to PM it plus doing it that way means no-one else can inadvertently see it and possibly spoil their enjoyment of the game.

No problem. It was just an FYI. Tongue

As an aside to lipsum I have to say that, once I’d worked out that I didn’t need to do an exact like for like, I enjoyed those module upgrade problems.

I have no memory of this puzzle, despite liking the game very much… Meh

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

TimovieMan - 16 February 2019 08:01 AM

No problem. It was just an FYI. Tongue

Sorry if I appeared ungrateful Tim, wasn’t meant to be Smile and I suspect useful for others that might read this Thumbs Up

TimovieMan - 16 February 2019 08:01 AM

I have no memory of this puzzle, despite liking the game very much… Meh

I’m surprised that you don’t remember these puzzles as there must have been at least six, possibly more, of them. They were for the various upgrades to Mobot mainly but the very first one was to upgrade the ship to have a scanner which then allowed you to scan the solar system which led to the puzzle that involved manipulating the bits of photographs to get the planets of the system.

Life is what it is.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Jabod - 16 February 2019 09:43 AM

Sorry if I appeared ungrateful Tim, wasn’t meant to be Smile and I suspect useful for others that might read this Thumbs Up

Don’t worry about it, I wasn’t implying anything. Smile

I’m surprised that you don’t remember these puzzles as there must have been at least six, possibly more, of them. They were for the various upgrades to Mobot mainly but the very first one was to upgrade the ship to have a scanner which then allowed you to scan the solar system which led to the puzzle that involved manipulating the bits of photographs to get the planets of the system.

I just had to look at some screenshots before they jogged my memory. I do remember those.
It’s not the type of puzzle I struggle at, maybe that’s why I didn’t remember them initially.

Still, really good game, hope lipsum gets passed these…

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

It’s just occurred to me from “chatting” with Tim that lipsum might actually be meaning the planetary photo manipulation puzzle mentioned above so I’ve PM’d him/her with a picture of 4 of the completed planets plus instructions as to how to manipulate the photo segments.

Hopefully one or the other will see them through and onto the next phase of the game.

Life is what it is.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top