• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

How many Lost Crown universe AGs had been released since our wait

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

.. for The Last Crown?
i just noticed Silent Night, on our Hype and i don’t fkn care, bc this, i haven’t cared about the same phrase not less than 2-3 times before. but i just wonder since i lost my hype for the main dish (The Last Crown) a while ago, and yet, dont want it to die completely.

you cant be serious Darkling Room? (with McEnroe old rage!)

Total Posts: 87

Joined 2007-07-23

PM

I think Blackenrock has transformed from a small game (as presumably Silent Night will be) into a huge behemoth, which is why it has taken forever to appear. Whether the other two(?) “Crown” games will ever see the light of day is another question… But supposedly Blackenrock should be releasing soon™ (yeah, I know we’ve heard that several times before…), and, hopefully, will be the kind of Lost Crown sequel we are all waiting for.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

thanks man.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

‘from the terrible time of The Black Death. Ghost-hunter, Nigel Danvers, has been sent to investigate the case’

what is exactly meant by the time of The Black Death, what am i missing, i dont remember the original “A ghost Haunting Story” has mentioned that expressing? or is it a place? i cant imagine i missed out (or forgotten) such a place from Saxton.

Total Posts: 681

Joined 2015-02-06

PM

It refers to the Black Plague that happened in Europe during the 1300’s. I’m assuming we will be visited or investigating some ghosts from that era. Anyway, I’ll be checking out the demo this evening when I get off work.

This message will self destruct in 3… 2… 1… BOOM!!!

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

feed me back, Beardalot, i am really hesitant about it. maybe you can encourage me Smile

Total Posts: 681

Joined 2015-02-06

PM

I gave it a spin, but unfortunately it doesn’t run very well on my laptop. (It’s not built for gaming so it’s very laggy.) I’m hoping Boakes will work on some optimizations and offer more graphic options. Otherwise it’s not gonna be very enjoyable/playable for myself. But aside from that it looks great and if you enjoy his games I see no reason not to play it unless you are turned away from real time 3D, or in my case just can’t play it due to current system specs. Frown

This message will self destruct in 3… 2… 1… BOOM!!!

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

yeah 3GH processor and 8GB Ram are of the game requirements!
hope ‘as you say’ things would turn out a bit different with the full release.

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2013-08-29

PM

Honnestly I don’t care anymore. Darkling Room must be THE laughing-stock of the gaming industry by now. I kinda feel bad for Iceberg interactive having to work with them. Like so many times before, again and again, Darling Room can’t release a game as promished and come with a four hour demo to shut us up. The evil in me thinks, nobody should buy the games anymore until they can deliver a promise. Just give a release date and deliver on that date. How hard can it be! Don’t give us only BS, it is so respectless towards the customers and fans of the gengre.

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

I remember this discussion from 10 years ago.

Total Posts: 407

Joined 2018-09-09

PM

My Dune - 22 December 2018 11:00 AM

...as promished…

Time to put the eggnog down, My Dune.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

tsa - 24 December 2018 01:31 AM

I remember this discussion from 10 years ago.

^ Winner! Grin Crazy

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 2060

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

My Dune - 22 December 2018 11:00 AM

Darkling Room must be THE laughing-stock of the gaming industry by now. I kinda feel bad for Iceberg interactive having to work with them. Like so many times before, again and again, Darling Room can’t release a game as promished and come with a four hour demo to shut us up. The evil in me thinks, nobody should buy the games anymore until they can deliver a promise. Just give a release date and deliver on that date. How hard can it be! Don’t give us only BS, it is so respectless towards the customers and fans of the gengre.

You do realise that Darkling Room is an indie company consisting of one British man who is working from the middle of nowhere (two, if you count his regular collaborator, another one-man team Matt Clark)? And Mr. Boakes gained reputation for starting the indie movement when adventure games where nearly dead, releasing 4 quality full-length and 2 short games in 15 years (not counting his collaborative work). So I doubt he is the laughing stock, more like a perfectionist.

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 47

Joined 2006-06-01

PM

I believe Mr. Boakes is someone who does what he thinks is the right thing to do as an artist.
He is independend and free and gives a s..t about what people think about him, what they want him to do and how they want to manipulate him into doing what they want him to do.
I love his games and admire his freedom of thoughts.

Total Posts: 655

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

Yup, I’ve a lot of respect for Jonathan Boakes and love his games.

I’m sure we’ll find all those people laughing at him somewhere though…

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2018-10-10

PM

I loved The lost Crown, (Its one of my favourite games), the fact that it is made mostly by one guy is impressive.
I’m really pleased that Jonathan Boakes hopes to make more of these games. I’ve never made a game and I wouldn’t know where to begin, but I am sure that it can be a large endeavour for a solo developer to undertake. As an indie developer Its possible that Jonathan is also juggling full-time work and a private life, alongside developing the game to a standard that he is happy to have it released. He gave me a good game, he owes me nothing, I will be happy to play the next chapter if/when its released.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top