• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Nighthawks - New Wadjet Eye Game - Kickstarter

Total Posts: 724

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

markymint - 01 October 2018 04:18 PM

<SNIP>

Not quoting the entire bit, to be very clear here, I am all for ensuring everyone can have their views and opinions. You can like something and you can dislike something, especially on Adventure Gamers people are entitled to having their preferences on games.

However, when this goes into more personally calling people out and insulting them we’re going to draw the line. I’ve seen this happen more on this forum lately and we won’t stand for it.

You can debate, you can discuss, you can disagree, you can absolutely strongly dislike a game, a studio or the exact opposite. We will however respect each other and not start throwing around shit. Consider this an official warning.

(And to be clear, this is a warning on HOW you said certain things not about WHAT or WHY you said them. This isn’t about having an opinion that’s the issue.)

Further discussion on this can be had with me or other staff members through private messages. I’ll delete further messages in this thread that sidetrack the conversation on the game and kickstarter itself.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

We’re going at a nice pace now! Its going to be close, but have to average about $500 an hour and right now were exceeding that.

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2018-10-01

PM

Fingers tightly crossed! It’s definitely still very doable.

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

^hey as long as youre here! What was your favorite part about writing for sunless sea? I loved how the game could seamlessly go from plots that were “what you see is what it is” to plots that were long strange and beautiful. Its just such a great mix!

Joined 2018-10-01

PM

Oooh, loads of stuff. Probably the one thing I’d pick over all is that Failbetter is really generous about letting you play with their toys, and take what’s usually a fairly simple brief like “Island of soul-stealing monkeys” and whisk it off into weird directions like the Monkey Foundling chase or the parody of Indiana Jones style temples.

Wider, I’ve always loved stories like The Odyssey, and the way that every island is its own little adventure. Sunless Sea offers so much potential when you’re basically looking at a blank canvas and thinking up cool plots, characters and mechanics - especially mechanics that StoryNexus would really, really rather you not do :-P

Total Posts: 387

Joined 2013-02-17

PM

It`s still doable, I would say it`s going to hit the 125 000 $ goal Smile It`s missing a little over 20 000 $ but still two days to go!

Playing: 1) Broken Sword 5 2) Road 96

Total Posts: 724

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

I was starting to doubt it, but there was a massive bump yesterday, if that happens again it would certainly be doable, will be a close one :-)

http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/753131002/nighthawks-the-vampire-rpg-0/#chart-daily

Total Posts: 1238

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

They made it so congratulations!

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Nice to know late big pushes are still a thing on kickstarter. Was not looking good for a while.

Joined 2018-10-01

PM

I never doubted it for a moment. Cough.

Total Posts: 645

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

Just stumbled upon the Steam page for this game:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1221950/Nighthawks/

Obviously, I’m late to the party since there was a whole discussion going. I was surprised because it looks very “unWadjet-like”, but I’ll still bite.

Seems to be a card-based game (??) Which I really like if they are done well. Music in the trailer was cool.

Is anyone still interested in the project? Are you interested because Wadjet is attached or is it simply something up your alley?

Total Posts: 177

Joined 2003-11-15

PM

DCast - 09 May 2020 09:48 PM

Are you interested because Wadjet is attached or is it simply something up your alley?

It’s slightly outside my usual alley, but it caught my attention and seemed interesting so I supported its Kickstarter campaign. Don’t really have any opinions about it yet, but I’m curious about what it’ll be…

You can play my game Frasse and the Peas of Kejick for free! (AG review here.)

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I backed it but like most KS projects, I just let them finish in peace, not really following too closely or trying to hype myself up. I’ll play it when it comes out.

I love Wadjet-Eye, I like visual novels and Vampire The Masquerade, and I don’t mind studios trying out something different, so backing this project was a no-brainer to me.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Vampire bloodlines is one of my favorite PC games.. So a game by a writer who worked on sunless sea (also fantastic) that is a spiritual spinoff on the bloodlines concept.. was very easy to back. Wadjet involvement was a bonus.

Total Posts: 645

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

I’m REALLY late to the party then, because I haven’t played either Vampire the Masquerade or the Sunless Sea. I just got Sunless Sea to check it out - it was really hard to gauge if it’s my kinda game because reviews range from “FANTASTIC” to “VERY TEDIOUS AND BORING” with lots of people in both categories and I’m still not quite clear on the gameplay, so I’ll just judge it for myself.

Vampire the Masquearade has “cult classic” tag on Steam, so I suppose I’ll check it out next.

I do like a good card-based game (according to response on the forums only the combat is card-based), so even if WadjetEye suddenly drops out, I’d still be interested, but the fact that they are publishing it is, like zane said, a bonus. I was just a bit surprised of this unusual for them choice.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top