• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Player rating problem?

Total Posts: 724

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

CaliMonk - 27 February 2018 12:54 PM
Karlok - 27 February 2018 10:40 AM

Sorry to bother you again, but I can’t seem to submit a rating/review anymore. Not just one specific game, I tried several games. I can still see the option to submit a rating, but clicking it does nothing.

Hmmm.. do you have examples of which games you’ve tried? (want to check the system if your ratings did arrive..)

Actually scrap that, I can see it doesn’t. Investigating.

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

Should be fixed. It’s actually because you’re in the Patreon group, I didn’t properly set the right for ratings… WOOPS! Fixed that now, my apologies!

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Works fine now, thanks.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2008-03-24

PM

Tried rating a few games I played recently (Kathy Rain, Unavowed, Full Throttle Remastered) with just star ratings without text reviews, and they don’t show up under “your ratings”. I waited a few hours to make sure, but still nothing.

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

Did some tests here so far, but wasn’t able to reproduce. Could you let me know where you rated these games? Was it on the game page or through the review page (the reviews we do for those games).

That might help me debug this.

Joined 2008-03-24

PM

I search for the game and click on the game name headline.
Then on the right it says user rating and under there is a dropdown to give my own rating.
E.g. on this page https://adventuregamers.com/games/view/29044

Joined 2008-03-24

PM

Maybe it’s because I have a very old account? Or a space in my name (probably not allowed to have in a new username anymore). Lots of changes to the backend logic since I joined I bet.

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

Randal Graves - 18 August 2018 03:07 PM

Maybe it’s because I have a very old account? Or a space in my name (probably not allowed to have in a new username anymore). Lots of changes to the backend logic since I joined I bet.

Might be something related to that, we’ve noticed some weird behavior before. Generally the name shouldn’t matter though, it’s purely based on ID. After voting, does it take you to a page that says you’ve voted?

Joined 2008-03-24

PM

Yeah says rating submitted on this link https://adventuregamers.com/ratings/thanks_nomod

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

OK, I do believe there is something weird with your account but I cannot seem to determine exactly what.

Could you _try_ to remove all cookies for Adventure Gamers and try again? Or perhaps open an Incognito Window in your browser, login and vote there? I just tried submitting a rating for your userid and was able to do so just fine (you’ll see a rating for Kathy Rain now, feel free to remove/edit).

This leads me to believe it might be something with your session. Could you try that?

Joined 2008-03-24

PM

I couldnt get it going on the first computer that I had problems with. Did try it from another computer though and there it works. Maybe has something to do with browser plugins. I deleted cookies and cache and still didn’t work on that computer.
But atleast I know how I can rate games now.
I rated Maniac Mansion just to test and now I can’t delete the rating anymore though (never played that game). It says I don’t have permission to delete, which is kinda strange for my own ratings, no?

Total Posts: 13

Joined 2015-07-31

PM

Hello,
I have the same problem, neither my ratings or reviews ever show anywhere, even though I always get the message that I entered them, and even after a few days.
Is it a general problem or as the posts seem to indicate, a problem on my end? Is there a known fix?
Thank you

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

As said in another thread, I believe this is now resolved.

Total Posts: 13

Joined 2015-07-31

PM

It is for me indeed.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top