• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoluckyloser

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Whispers of a Machine - from Kathy Rain developer

Total Posts: 81

Joined 2013-09-05

PM

Just saw this on RPS: https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2017/02/16/kathy-rain-developer-announces-whispers-of-a-machine/

Really excited about this, as I loved Kathy Rain a lot! Not a sequel to KR, but the story sounds interesting, and the screenshots look lovely.

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Thanks for the link notanumber!  Smile

Total Posts: 387

Joined 2013-02-17

PM

Excellent news! Kathy Rain was definitely one of the best adventure games from 2016. Clifftop and Faravid join the forces and the Scandinavian version of Wadjet Eye emerges from the dust Smile

Playing: 1) Broken Sword 5 2) Road 96

Total Posts: 1239

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Teaser trailer released!

I am sure it’s going to be a great game.

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I like the music!

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 5035

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Also saw this:

Discover what lies beneath in DRAUGEN — a single-player, first-person Fjord Noir mystery set in 1920s Norway. Coming to Windows PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in 2019. Add the game to your Steam Wishlist today: https://store.steampowered.com/app/770390/Draugen/

The trailer is visually superb, but doesn’t give much indication of what the story is.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

rtrooney - 05 December 2018 11:19 AM

Also saw this:

Discover what lies beneath in DRAUGEN — a single-player, first-person Fjord Noir mystery set in 1920s Norway. Coming to Windows PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in 2019. Add the game to your Steam Wishlist today: https://store.steampowered.com/app/770390/Draugen/

The trailer is visually superb, but doesn’t give much indication of what the story is.

That’s the new project of Ragnar Tornquist (The Longest Journey), right?

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Yes, although I don’t recall the trailer mentioning him by name. It says something like “From the creators of Dreamfall Chapters.”

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

rtrooney - 05 December 2018 11:47 AM

Yes, although I don’t recall the trailer mentioning him by name. It says something like “From the creators of Dreamfall Chapters.”

Mainstream players wouldn’t know who Ragnar Tornquist is. Easier to sell saying “From the creators of Dreamfall Chapters.”

For example: “the new movie by Jean-Pierre Jeunet” versus “the new movie from the creator of Amelie”.

Total Posts: 343

Joined 2012-03-13

PM

I haven’t played Kathy Rain yet but I have played The Samaritan Paradox and really liked it. This new one looks good!

Total Posts: 387

Joined 2013-02-17

PM

Who can read the ancient nordic runes?? There has to be a secret or some hidden hint book there!

Playing: 1) Broken Sword 5 2) Road 96

Total Posts: 407

Joined 2018-09-09

PM

I very much enjoyed Kathy Rain; rather short but very sweet.  Therefore, I’ll be sure to get a copy of this once it’s released.

Total Posts: 1619

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Was i the only one who thought Kathy rain started out great but fell apart by the end

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Jdawg445 - 05 December 2018 06:46 PM

Was i the only one who thought Kathy rain started out great but fell apart by the end

No. Even the game designer, who was a guest during the playthrough, thought it could have ended better. But he was under both time and budget constraints, so it was what it was.

Several of us had thoughts about what we would have liked to see changed. And he basically said that if there ever is time and money for a “Director’s Cut” version of Kathy Rain some of our suggestions would definitely make the cut.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 330

Joined 2017-08-15

PM

I thought it started out about average and ended about average.

Maybe at the beginning you were fooled into thinking that because it looked and felt like Gabriel Knight it would turn out to be of the same quality?

Member of the NAALCB - (North American Anti- Lobster Cop Brigade) since 2019.

Total Posts: 1619

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Donuts McGee - 05 December 2018 07:25 PM

I thought it started out about average and ended about average.

Maybe at the beginning you were fooled into thinking that because it looked and felt like Gabriel Knight it would turn out to be of the same quality?

Maybe, but i really liked how the story started out, and a lot of the puzzles. True the world lore building in the gabriel knight games are flawless, jane janeson mixes fiction and non fiction to perfection.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top