• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

KeybordzSpeedBo

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Post counts

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

It doesn’t matter so much to me as I’m a relatively new member but I’ve noticed that some loyal older members of the site are starting from scatch with their post counts???

Total Posts: 177

Joined 2003-11-15

PM

Everyone is starting from scratch with post counts. That doesn’t matter.

I was pleasantly surprised to see joining dates preserved though. That wasn’t the case the last time.

You can play my game Frasse and the Peas of Kejick for free! (AG review here.)

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

Well, how come the posts themselves weren’t actually preserved? Usually it’s possible to either use tools or build/alter tools to transfer forum content from one type of forum software to the other. I’m puzzled why this wasn’t done, but as I’m not familiar with how the site’s built I can’t know if there might be a reason for it.

Total Posts: 77

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Trumgottist - 19 May 2012 06:25 PM

Everyone is starting from scratch with post counts. That doesn’t matter.

I was pleasantly surprised to see joining dates preserved though. That wasn’t the case the last time.

I’m happy to have maintained a double digit user ID.  Heart Eyes

Kasper F. Nielsen - 19 May 2012 06:53 PM

Well, how come the posts themselves weren’t actually preserved? Usually it’s possible to either use tools or build/alter tools to transfer forum content from one type of forum software to the other. I’m puzzled why this wasn’t done, but as I’m not familiar with how the site’s built I can’t know if there might be a reason for it.

Probably because a transfer script/tool is not available for the software behind this forum. The software is not dedicated forum software, thus not very mainstream. It’s part of a complete content management solution, if I remember correctly.

Total Posts: 212

Joined 2005-10-07

PM

I don’t mourn for my post count, but it shall never recover to the heights it reached during my prime posting period of 2005-2007.

Total Posts: 68

Joined 2004-01-28

PM

I don’t think I’ll be producing 20 000 posts anymore. At least not now that “...” is out of the question…

“I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.”

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 360

Joined 2006-01-12

PM

I’m also OK with everyone starting from scratch when it comes to post count as long as my joining date is preserved. Smile

Lazy Bee
Temporary guest in your life.

Total Posts: 244

Joined 2011-02-27

PM

We still want to import the old threads when we can in the future, in which case the post counts would be restored.

Retired AG founder

Total Posts: 442

Joined 2006-06-14

PM

I’m glad postcounts will be restored at some point.  They were useful to me when I was a new poster to acertain who’s posts were likely to be most helpful.  I also miss mine, although modest compared to some.

Total Posts: 247

Joined 2012-05-21

PM

My join date wasn’t preserved, due to the fact that my account wasn’t preserved. I had to sign up again.

But I was a recently joined member, so no big loss.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top