• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Lady KestrelTimovieMan

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

What game am I trying to remember? (Clues attached)

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2012-09-07

PM

I remember reading about a game a year back or so, but cannot remember the title.  I don’t recall if it was ever released or if this was a preview.

The storyline was simple.  You are driving out to a remote town to see your new girlfriend/fiance/lover.  It is snowing as you drive and once you get to the house you are completely snow bound.  You are stuck (without power?).

The house is empty.  You search around and find the hidden entrance to a secret underground complex.  What dark secrets does this town hide?  And what has happened to the girl?

A common plot line, but the snow is unusual.  And note that all action takes place indoors.

I remember the graphics as being realistic rather than cartoon.

Does this ring a bell with anyone?

Thanks!

Total Posts: 299

Joined 2006-12-04

PM

Maybe Corrosion: Cold Winter Waiting or Dead Mountaneers Hotel?

Don’t Hate Me Because I Am Beautiful…There Are Many Other Reasons

Joined 2012-09-07

PM

Corrosion is a good possibility.  It is entirely possible that the final game changed slightly from the initial announcements (I am quite sure you played the part of the driver).  Or I could be remembering it wrong.

Definitely not Dead Mountaineer’s Hotel.  I own that one   Smile

Total Posts: 2986

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

If I remember correctly, the story in Corrosion had nothing to do with any girl/fiancee or something similar…

Total Posts: 119

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

It sounds too much like Corrosion to be likely anything else, though I suppose it could also be Penumbra: Overture.  As Sefir says though, the premise of Corrosion doesn’t involve a girl, you’re a sheriff investigating an area and you get stuck due to snow.

Joined 2012-09-07

PM

Thanks for the replies!

I’ll go with Corrosion for now.  If anyone can think of a better fit, then please post.  I’ll keep email notification on.

Thanks again!

Total Posts: 2986

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

It WAS first person, right?

Joined 2012-09-07

PM

Probably.

Again, my memory is not so crisp for an article read well over a year ago Smile

But I don’t recall seeing any people in the screen shots.  I think that feature would have stuck with me.

So unless there are any Controlled Remote Viewers in the audience, we must accept a wide range of potential variations.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top