You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure So many adventures I don't know where to start!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2012, 03:27 AM   #21
She Wants Revenge

That list is quite short. Like 1/5 of mine probably . Good luck clearing yours up.

I'd definitely go back to GK trilogy, use UHS or something for the tougher parts. I'd play them chronologically as the characters' relationships evolve during the games.

Then I really enjoyed Memento Mori. It is rather easy but that didn't really bother me.

Lots of other good games there too.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:38 AM   #22
Lazy Bee

(((Panthera)))
Good to see you again!

I'd definitely play Gabriel Knight 3. I'm currently playing it (although right now it's on hold due to Botanicula which I can't stop myself from playing). It is difficult, but I've promised myself not to stay stuck more than a day. Then I check the UHS hints. It's a must play for every adventure gamer and I'm told it's one of the best games ever.
Old 04-27-2012, 09:35 AM   #23
3rd person fanatic :)

I'd go for Jolly Rover, it's almost perfect game in every aspect. Alter Ego is also really good game. Still life 2 i would not touch at all, unless someone puts a gun in my forehead.
Old 04-29-2012, 03:33 PM   #24
female animal lover

Send a message via MSN to Panthera

I finished Scratches yesterday (by walkthrough). I enjoyed the story, and the ending, but that type of control system just does not work for me. Even taking away the whole "world stuck to your mouse" and having to target every door knob, I kept missing hot spots, and for several items I had to use an image walkthrough to see where I was supposed to click, as the active area was several mm below the actual object.
Might be my vision or the gamma being set too low, but I could not see that metal rod without a description going "click exactly here".

The game really managed the scary feel well (to such a degree that I refused to enter the mask room again until a walkthrough told me I had to ^^), but the Last visit add-on just made me confused. Didn't understand the whole Jerry bit (he was kind and helpful and scared for the protagonist the whole way through, he didn't deserve the shunning he got!), the ending (who was that guy?!) or the change in graphics.

Still, an enjoyable and irritating experience, I'm glad I played it

Now I think I'll either play memento mori or gabriel knight 1.
Memento Mori is installed and ready to go, and absolutely the easier one to start up, but I feel I should play GK.. Aargh, decisions!

My sporadically updated blogs:
Animation enthusiast, Sci-fi enthusiast and Snark, pedantry and random geekery
Old 04-29-2012, 03:59 PM   #25

Spoiler:
That guy you mentioned I imagine you mean either the monster or the guy at the end who saves your lucky behind.Well the monster is the child the Blackwoods had which was born malformed to the point of making the hunchback of notre dame looking like Brad Pitt.The savior is the father...Mr Blackwood himself who comes at the last minute to save you from his wall-scratching,man eating child.

While Scratches was a bit tedious in terms of gameplay everything else was truly great.And keep in mind that it was pretty much the work of one guy.

and sth unrelated...Memento Mori is from the same guys that made Alternativa and are now working on MM2.
Old 04-29-2012, 05:18 PM   #26
female animal lover

Send a message via MSN to Panthera

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhetfield21 View Post
Spoiler:
That guy you mentioned I imagine you mean either the monster or the guy at the end who saves your lucky behind.Well the monster is the child the Blackwoods had which was born malformed to the point of making the hunchback of notre dame looking like Brad Pitt.The savior is the father...Mr Blackwood himself who comes at the last minute to save you from his wall-scratching,man eating child.

While Scratches was a bit tedious in terms of gameplay everything else was truly great.And keep in mind that it was pretty much the work of one guy.
Spoiler:
Monster I know about (didn't look that deformed, more Gollum-like, at least in the first animation, in the Last Visit he looks more ogre-like), but couldn't the guy just as well be the doctor? He had been missing for some years, but there was no indication he was dead, unless monster dude ate him.

I couldn't hear properly what he said when he entered.

Also, the letter in the desk, and one of the Blackwood's letters indicated that the doctor and mother hid the son from Blackwood, and he didn't know about his deformed son (cursed, lion-like son, depending on whether you believe the curse to be true or not), at least not until he presumably found the body and buried her (she had her throat ripped out, it had to have been the son).

For a guy obsessed with clearing the curse he never got very far, and that's why I have problems believing it was him. Why would he stay alive and take care of his son, but not try to finish the amulet for the curse? Also, there was one body in the crypt, why would the doctor have put himself in there?

My sporadically updated blogs:
Animation enthusiast, Sci-fi enthusiast and Snark, pedantry and random geekery
Old 05-15-2012, 04:49 PM   #27

I would personally suggest that you play Scratches during Autumnt or Winter.Probably around Christmas.I don't know,but for me that's the kind of season it should be played

Did you get to play any of the Sherlock Holmes games that you have on the list?The one about Jack the Ripper sounds interesting...hmm...