You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure The Ultimate Adventure Game Kickstarter list

View Poll Results: Which will you support?
Leisure Suit Larry Remake 3 6.67%
Jane Jenson's game 21 46.67%
Sherlock Holmes adventure game 1 2.22%
Space Quest developer's game 4 8.89%
Tex Murphy sequel game 14 31.11%
Bill Tiller game 2 4.44%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2012, 06:09 PM   #21

Double-fine Adventure better be one hell of a game with all that money they got to work with. Holy crap how did they raise that much!
Old 04-22-2012, 01:32 AM   #22

Wow, any more info on Bill Tiller game? Is there an article on it?
Old 04-22-2012, 01:38 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhurgoyf View Post
Wow, any more info on Bill Tiller game? Is there an article on it?
All that I know so far is the Mixnmojo news about it here: http://mixnmojo.com/news/Autumn-Moon...arter-near-you

And Bill Tiller's Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/billtiller
Old 04-22-2012, 01:42 AM   #24

kickstarter list updated
Old 04-22-2012, 01:53 AM   #25

I predict that Jane Jensen & Al Lowe will be more than successful.

I can tell straight away that Delaware 4 and Sherlock Holmes aren't going to reach funding sadly.

The good news is that before Tex Murphy Kickstarter project starts, nearly all the current kickstarter projects will be finished. Only Jane Jensen kickstarter project will still be around and only 2 days overlapping.

Lets hope that Bill Tiller and Space Quest developer's (if the SQ crew take the kickstarter route) are smart enough to space themselves out a bit. Otherwise the funding maybe spread too thinly again.

It would be fantastic if each of these Adventure kickstarter's communicated and arranged when each of theirs will start.
Old 04-22-2012, 05:06 AM   #26
Filmfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by samd1988 View Post
It would be fantastic if each of these Adventure kickstarter's communicated and arranged when each of theirs will start.
...and if there won't be any second campaigns by developers who were successful.

I'd hate to see Tim Schafer, or Jane Jensen, or Al Lowe, or even that Wasteland 2 guy return to Kickstarter for their next project once they finish this one.

They all need to grab the opportunity they're given NOW to its fullest. They need to deliver games that are SO good, that their next projects are funded by the profits of this one alone...
Old 04-23-2012, 07:55 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimovieMan View Post
I'd hate to see Tim Schafer, or Jane Jensen, or Al Lowe, or even that Wasteland 2 guy return to Kickstarter for their next project once they finish this one.
Well, since Jane Jensen's CSG model is based on the annual membership funding, I think she'll be back on kickstarter next year.
Old 04-23-2012, 08:18 AM   #28
Filmfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhurgoyf View Post
Well, since Jane Jensen's CSG model is based on the annual membership funding, I think she'll be back on kickstarter next year.
Not necessarily. She never stated the annual membership funding would be strictly Kickstarter, plus she's getting outside funding for this season as well...
Old 04-23-2012, 08:28 AM   #29
8-Bit Spritemasterâ„¢

Think I'm going to save my moolah for the Space Quest project. Not really that interested in a LSL remake, and Doublefine is already paid for.

Still, can't wait to see this stuff.
Old 04-23-2012, 10:57 AM   #30
Third Guy from Andromeda

Well, the way things shook out, the Two Guys have announced that their project *will* be funded (at least partially) through Kickstarter. So shut my mouth.
Old 04-23-2012, 10:28 PM   #31
recovering AG addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josho View Post
Well, the way things shook out, the Two Guys have announced that their project *will* be funded (at least partially) through Kickstarter. So shut my mouth.
yep, they told this in a very long podcast. Also, it won't be space quest, but a new original "spaceventure".
We'll see

Max: Right! We'll travel through this dimensional portal on the top of the bar!
Sam: That's spilled beer, rockhead.
Max: Oh in that case ...
Old 04-26-2012, 04:22 AM   #32

Hello friends!

Please add to that list our game "Inner Dream" from KickStarter: http://kck.st/HWjj5s

This is a very special indie-adventure game about living in world of dreams. It is really atmospheric - 80% of game is made from photos and music. Hope you'll like to help us - KickStarter is our only chance to make it real.
Old 04-26-2012, 04:37 AM   #33
Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!

Looks intriguing. Backed!
Old 04-26-2012, 04:55 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by SometimesYou View Post
Hello friends!

Please add to that list our game "Inner Dream" from KickStarter: http://kck.st/HWjj5s

This is a very special indie-adventure game about living in world of dreams. It is really atmospheric - 80% of game is made from photos and music. Hope you'll like to help us - KickStarter is our only chance to make it real.
Will add it. Currently having difficulty with these forums as I've logged in but there is no edit button option next to my original post for some odd reason.
Old 04-26-2012, 05:08 AM   #35
Senior *female* member

Quote:
Originally Posted by samd1988 View Post
Will add it. Currently having difficulty with these forums as I've logged in but there is no edit button option next to my original post for some odd reason.
You can edit posts only for 3 or 4 days.
Old 04-26-2012, 07:09 AM   #36

I've supported Jane Jensen and Al Lowe. Won't be supporting Tex Murphy simply because I've never played those games.

I'll also support the Guys from Andromeda, but not by the same amounts I gave to Jane and Al. But LOVIN' the Sierra-resurrection!
Old 04-26-2012, 08:13 AM   #37
Dreamfall Soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fien View Post
Double Fine, Tex, Jane, Cognition, and Larry. In that order. Couldn't care less about the rest.
Exact same ones for me!
Old 04-26-2012, 10:41 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fien View Post
You can edit posts only for 3 or 4 days.
why????

Dammit that just ruins this thread. I had plans to keep updating the first post to let others know about current and upcoming adventure kickstarters.
Old 04-26-2012, 02:21 PM   #39
Whinging Pom

Send a message via ICQ to DomStLeger Send a message via MSN to DomStLeger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOslo View Post
I've supported Jane Jensen and Al Lowe. Won't be supporting Tex Murphy simply because I've never played those games.
You're really missing out; well worth checking out now that they're all up at GOG.com

Anyway I'm interested in the Jane Jensen game and definitely good old Tex. I've been replaying both the GK and Tex Murphy games recently for the first time in ages and re-discovering what great games are in both series; if they can just recapture some of the magic of their classics my money will have been well spent.
Still Get Mozilla Firefox! Forget that Chrome and IE rubbish!
Old 04-27-2012, 12:11 AM   #40

For those who don't know Leisure Suit Larry has already reached its goal and now going well over.

Currently at over $527,000 which is already $27,000 over their goal, with 5 days left until deadline.

Although going at a slow pace, Jane Jensen's kickstarter is not far off their goal. They still got 22 days to reach it. Currently at over $236,000 of their $300,000 goal.