You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure iMac with bootcamp. Will I be able to play all adventure games.

LinkBack Thread Tools
04-14-2012, 10:54 AM   #1

iMac with bootcamp. Will I be able to play all adventure games.

I will be purchasing a new iMac and was going to use bootcamp and install windows. Will I be able to play most adventure games in this configuration.

04-14-2012, 12:02 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman
I will be purchasing a new iMac and was going to use bootcamp and install windows. Will I be able to play most adventure games in this configuration.
Yes. I have a 2 year old Macbook Pro and there isn't a single game that I have had a problem playing. I imagine your new iMac would do better!

04-14-2012, 12:46 PM   #3

Thanks

04-14-2012, 01:36 PM   #4

f you are going to be using Windows mainly for gaming, get 32-bit. Keep in mind that older games can still be an issue. Also, Even older game will still require other solutions, i.e. DOSBox, VMs, etc.

04-15-2012, 05:30 AM   #5
Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!

Also, the Windows version MUST be at least Windows 7 Home Premium, otherwise it's not supported by the Bootcamp drivers.

04-15-2012, 06:38 AM   #6

Send a message via MSN to Sandman

Have you tried "crossover games"? It may enable you to play some PC AGs ... SOME.

04-15-2012, 12:09 PM   #7
Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!

Crossover has been a hit and miss for me. When it works, it works well but many times you need to tinker with configuration files and additional software. If it makes a difference to you, Gabriel Knight 3 has never worked. None of the Syberia games either, and chances with newer titles tend to get slimmer.

04-15-2012, 10:28 PM   #8

Send a message via MSN to Sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agustin
Crossover has been a hit and miss for me. When it works, it works well but many times you need to tinker with configuration files and additional software. If it makes a difference to you, Gabriel Knight 3 has never worked. None of the Syberia games either, and chances with newer titles tend to get slimmer.
That's why I said "some" AGs" may work. I have only been able to run the "A New Beginning" on my MacBook Pro via CrossOVer Games. The game runs fine except that is in a windowed mode.