You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure what happened to heather logas?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2012, 12:06 PM   #21

I'm with Fien on this one.

@Martin Gantefoehr: if you gave money to someone in the idea that maybe he'd give you something in return (but with the promise that he'll keep you updated), but afterwards he won't respond to your calls or emails and just give you the silent treatment, wouldn't you feel cheated?
Old 04-08-2012, 12:28 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuyin
if you gave money to someone in the idea that maybe he'd give you something in return (but with the promise that he'll keep you updated), but afterwards he won't respond to your calls or emails and just give you the silent treatment, wouldn't you feel cheated?
Of course. Going silent is never an option -- and like I said, it will probably be costly for the developer (in terms of trust and reputation).

Still, I think people will also have to accept that they're not always going to be "part of a success story" when backing a kickstarter game project. Every once in a while, they're going to have to deal with being part of the very opposite.

(Edit: Also, I'm out of this. It's Easter after all. )

Last edited by Martin Gantefoehr; 04-08-2012 at 12:38 PM.
Old 04-11-2012, 09:15 PM   #23

I find it hilarious that some people are saying they are feeling a "kickstarter fatigue" right NOW, just wait 5 years down the line when 90% of the games you've pledged to failed to deliver like this one, THEN the real fatigue will start!

The solution is very simple in theory, ANYONE can do a working prototype on their spare time BEFORE taking in people's money and use that 10k only for production, but if Kickstarter forced a requirement of playible prototype they would lose out on 99% of their projects, so it's not gonna happen.
Old 04-11-2012, 11:14 PM   #24

Just an update: Tim Schafer is taking info down for those who pledged money to be in the game's credits and get a t-shirt.

Head over to Kickstarter to fill in the survey. You can also check out the first episode promised by 2 Player Productions of the Double Fine Adventure game's development.

Sorry, what were you people saying about not pledging to Kickstarter even if big names are involved?