You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Kickstarter fatigue

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-18-2012, 07:59 PM   #141

What is wrong with people like this? You couldn't have been more disrespectful. These persons you call 'zombies crawling out of their graves', were working hard and creating a genre that would be one of the most loved forms of art, while you were wetting your diapers.

A few months ago, adventures were dead with apparently no chance of recovery. But then, like a miracle, old guys from LucasArts decide to make a NEW game in a NEW way! And the idea spreads all over classic game creators, like a dream come true. Everything a child from the 80s and early 90s would wish. I thought I'd go to my grave and wouldn't see a new game from these guys.

And then, everything is great and after a totally new and promising form of game funding, some people just begin ranting about the situation as if beggars were bothering him for money! Go figures.

Nobody is forcing you to donate or even read news about Kickstarter projects. You can totally ignore something if you feel "fatigued". I really don't understand what is the point of this topic.
Old 05-18-2012, 09:40 PM   #142

^ +1

"You ever wish you could just follow your instincts, live for the moment?" - Gabriel Knight

Now playing - Legend of Grimrock
Need to finish - The Whispered World
Finished - Botanicula, The Journeyman Project 3: Legacy of Time
Up Next - A New Beginning, Monkey Island 2 Special Edition
Anticipating - Asylum, Bracken Tor, The Last Crown
Old 05-19-2012, 02:36 AM   #143

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulak View Post
What is wrong with people like this? You couldn't have been more disrespectful. These persons you call 'zombies crawling out of their graves', were working hard and creating a genre that would be one of the most loved forms of art, while you were wetting your diapers.

A few months ago, adventures were dead with apparently no chance of recovery. But then, like a miracle, old guys from LucasArts decide to make a NEW game in a NEW way! And the idea spreads all over classic game creators, like a dream come true. Everything a child from the 80s and early 90s would wish. I thought I'd go to my grave and wouldn't see a new game from these guys.

And then, everything is great and after a totally new and promising form of game funding, some people just begin ranting about the situation as if beggars were bothering him for money! Go figures.

Nobody is forcing you to donate or even read news about Kickstarter projects. You can totally ignore something if you feel "fatigued". I really don't understand what is the point of this topic.
Dude,relax.I'll say it again for like a 3rd or 4th time: I aM Not against the idea but I am against this idea become the rule and not the exception.
Old 05-19-2012, 08:51 AM   #144
self-distracted

Send a message via MSN to maladroid

I think bulak's post was mostly addressed at the OP, what with the "zombie" reference and everything.

Still, I have to say I also agree with most of what he says about the unnecessary negativity that has been hanging over Kickstarter projects as of late.

Proud supporter of Tex Murphy - Project Fedora