You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure New Jane Jensen game and Kickstarter campaign

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2012, 12:49 AM   #121

Yeah, it was also quite unprofessional that you already could view the homepage, news page and products page of the new site by simply adding "home" or "news" to the URL.....

Seems like the site was made by friendly amateur neighbour
Old 04-04-2012, 12:52 AM   #122

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banter View Post
Actually, doesn't Activision owns the rights to all the sierra franchises?
No, not all. Codemasters got LSL when VUG folded.
Old 04-04-2012, 01:11 AM   #123

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbi View Post
Yeah, it was also quite unprofessional that you already could view the homepage, news page and products page of the new site by simply adding "home" or "news" to the URL.....

Hmm, I tried that yesterday, but no go. Guess you must have alerted them before I had the chance.
Old 04-04-2012, 04:23 AM   #124
recovering AG addict

Default "hacking" the site

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbi View Post

you can still see some stuff at:
http://pinkertonroad.com/wp-content/themes/pinkerton/

Kickstarter is confirmed

Quote:
We're thrilled to announce the launch of the new Pinkerton Road studio, founded by game veterans Jane Jensen and Robert Holmes.

We want YOU to be part of our team. Join our CSG group (Consumer Supported Gaming) to get updates on our games, participate in betas and score beaucoup goodies!

Live on Kickstarter now!

New Concept - Vote Now!

Pinkerton Road's first adventure game will be made this year. What will it be? Designer Jane Jensen has three strong candidates in mind. We're going to let our CSG members vote on which of the three they most want to play.
Concept art:

Max: Right! We'll travel through this dimensional portal on the top of the bar!
Sam: That's spilled beer, rockhead.
Max: Oh in that case ...
Old 04-04-2012, 05:01 AM   #125
The Quiet One

Meh. I'm pretty underwhelmed to be honest. I think it's safe to say I'm only interested in a new Gabriel Knight. I still haven't played Gray Matter yet, and to be honest, it isn't on my list of games I'm eager to play at the moment. I'll certainly get around to it, but not yet.

I think it would be better for Jane to find out who has the rights (I'm certain it's Activision too if GOG are any indication), and set up a Kickstarter asking fans for help getting the license back! I reckon that would be MUCH more successful!
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 04-04-2012, 05:21 AM   #126

I fear the whole situation will be a bit catch 22-ish....
Maybe Jane does know how to get the rights for GK,
but they are too expensive. BUT a kickstarter project
involving GK instead of Gray Matter and the other unknown
titles maybe would raise alot of more money since so many
fans wish for a new GK game.

So what Im trying to say here is even if it would cost more
to create a new GK game, including the rights, there is a chance
that it still would be more money for such a project since
the donations would be bigger?
Well, dunno but I know that the sum I would give would be much
bigger if a new GK game was announced....
Old 04-04-2012, 05:27 AM   #127
A.A

I would LOVE a brand-spanking new adventure from Jane Jensen, and, quite frankly, I cannot fathom why that wouldn't excite other people as well, even those oh-so-crushed fans hell-bent on a FOURTH Gabriel Knight, even if I personally think 3 is a good number of games for a series.

Mind you, I also cannot fathom why a Grey Matter 2 wouldn't get people excited either (the original is the best adventure game of the last 10 years IMO). I freaking love the original, but I'm in the minority on that, so I digress.

Anyway, the level of complaining on this board is borderline ridiculous. I'm sorry, I know I'm new, but jeez...

This is exciting in so, so many ways it's not funny.

Schafer/Gilbert, Lowe, Jensen.

It's like I've traveled back in time 20 years!
Old 04-04-2012, 05:52 AM   #128
Senior *female* member

Jane? Is that really you reading this thread? If it is, I hope you'll post here.
Old 04-04-2012, 06:03 AM   #129

I don't care what game, Jane, is going to make, if it will be like Gray Matter (very easy and boring puzzles, unlikeable one dimentional characters).

If she is going to use Kickstarter, she will need to make no compromises to appeal to casual gamers, i don't want to play a hidden object game disguised as an adventure game like Gray Matter was.
Old 04-04-2012, 06:04 AM   #130

Well, the site is up now, but not the kickstarter page..

or rather, here it is;

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...ently_launched

tinyurl on the homepage doesn't work..(edit; fixed now). no Gabriel Knight for those still wondering.

From the kickstarter page:
"Will your games include Gabriel Knight and Gray Matter?

We would love to do Gabriel Knight in the near future. Because that IP does not belong to us, it's not a given. Having our own studio, and successfully shipping a title, will make obtaining the rights more likely than ever before.

Gray Matter 2, on the other hand, is one of the concepts that is under consideration for the first CSG season. But there are several other extremely hot contenders. Our CSG members will get to hear more about them and vote for their favorite in early May. Become a backer and you can help us decide!"

Last edited by Jawa; 04-04-2012 at 06:13 AM.
Old 04-04-2012, 06:11 AM   #131
recovering AG addict

i love the movie clip

Max: Right! We'll travel through this dimensional portal on the top of the bar!
Sam: That's spilled beer, rockhead.
Max: Oh in that case ...
Old 04-04-2012, 06:13 AM   #132
fov
Rattenmonster

Small snafu with the tinyurl, but it will be fixed! (The correct one is: http://tinyurl.com/pinkertonroad-csg)

Also check out GameSpot's interview.
Old 04-04-2012, 06:22 AM   #133
Design Diva

Hi, all -- I posted this on my fb page and I'm sure it will show up here quickly, but wanted to post it myself:

I'm sorry if the teaser campaign got hopes up about GK4. But the good news is that we will pursue it, of course, and the studio will allow us to have more control over whether that happens or not. Gabe is not forgotten!

There IS a good chance for it, probably better than ever before. It will just take some time to work it out.

I hope you enjoy the video we made and our announcement and I'm looking forward to getting your feedback on the game concepts! Hopefully there will be a LOT of games coming from this new studio.

Cheers,
Jane
Old 04-04-2012, 06:45 AM   #134
Detective

I love Gabriel Knight but the reason i'm backing is because i'm interested in the other games.

Thank you Jane for responding and giving the doomgloomers some hope^^
Old 04-04-2012, 06:53 AM   #135
Life and times of...

Wow! Nice to see the master herself post here... I like that the title "junior member"

Anyway, I'm so in. All the games sound really cool, I just wish I had more money to get as much of the extras as possible. Gray Matter was awesome, and I'm sure that when you're more in control, the level will only be so much better. Can't wait

Also, more Raleigh!

Also:
Quote:
There IS a good chance for it, probably better than ever before. It will just take some time to work it out.
!!!!!!!!!!

Take all the time you need Hope it'll work out. I have to say, I'd already given up on actually believing (though always hoping) in a GK4, so anything is just positive news. I didn't really think that the GK3 video meant anything about GK4 - considering also the use of Gray Matter footage...

I do have to ask again, though - how is 300k going to work for so many games? I mean, hopefully this will go way over in the vein of Double Fine, but I'm just wondering if (in the case that you "only" get around the needed sum) technically you can, for example, keep up the level of Gray Matter or if it's just going to be clear from the start that you'll not go for the same look etc.
Old 04-04-2012, 06:58 AM   #136
Schattenjäger

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPtimist View Post
I do have to ask again, though - how is 300k going to work for so many games?
couple things said on kickstarter, one being if they just get the 300k then theyll only complete one of the 3 this season. Also it says theyr putting their own funds into making this happen too.

Welcome JJ!!! Lets make this happen everybody!
Old 04-04-2012, 06:58 AM   #137
The Quiet One

@Jane Jensen:
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 04-04-2012, 07:01 AM   #138
fov
Rattenmonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPtimist View Post
Wow! Nice to see the master herself post here... I like that the title "junior member"
That will never do! Fixed.
Old 04-04-2012, 07:01 AM   #139
lost in rubacava

Please, please, please get some good graphic artists on board! There are so many out there that do marvelous work that relying on a comic book artist (pardon me, a 'graphic novel' artist) really makes no sense at all.

My opinion and I'm sticking to it.
Old 04-04-2012, 07:02 AM   #140
Life and times of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by zane View Post
couple things said on kickstarter, one being if they just get the 300k then theyll only complete one of the 3 this season. Also it says theyr putting their own funds into making this happen too.

Welcome JJ!!! Lets make this happen everybody!
Ah, okay (*good job on actually reading the infromation given* )

Well, hope that the funds massively exceed that. It's so deserved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.A View Post
Mind you, I also cannot fathom why a Grey Matter 2 wouldn't get people excited either (the original is the best adventure game of the last 10 years IMO). I freaking love the original, but I'm in the minority on that, so I digress.
You're not alone, though

(Edit): Well, money seems to be coming in. Don't know how fast this is compared to Double Fine, but I hope it's promising. Pledged 52$ - basically 40€ (wanted to get to an even number )

Last edited by UPtimist; 04-04-2012 at 07:19 AM.