You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure New Jane Jensen game and Kickstarter campaign

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2012, 01:13 AM   #921
A.A

Completely true.

I'm also completely greedy!
Old 05-14-2012, 02:19 AM   #922
Life and times of...

By the way, here's a table of the questions and answers:
http://www.reddit.com/r/tabled/comments/tm5bs/
a few answers/questions are in a wrong place (for example, one question is "Hi Jane") but anyway, that should cover all the Q&As. Probably missing some of those questions only Robert answered but anyway, it should be clearer to read if the reddit page looks too confusing.
Old 05-14-2012, 11:25 AM   #923

I was looking at the stats on Kicktraq for the other big gaming Kickstarters, and, apart from Republique, they all seem to have made between 15 and 20% of their total on the last three days. Unless Jane Jensen's performs much worse*, $400,000 should be in the bag, and 450,000 is not completely impossible, but still quite unlikely (dammit).

* and I guess it might, with the Tex Murphy Kickstarter launching tomorrow, and many hardcore backers having probably increased their pledges to the max when things were so slow a few weeks ago...
Recently finished: MCF: Escape from Ravenhearst [+], The Walking Dead, ep. 1 [+++], Gray Matter [++]
Old 05-14-2012, 12:50 PM   #924

Only thing that really bothers me is how she says she wants to make 6-8 games a year in the future. I would much prefer it if she focused on making one great game every 1-2 years instead of a bunch of mediocre ones.
Old 05-14-2012, 12:55 PM   #925
Life and times of...

I wouldn't guess they'll be mediocre ones even if she does make more But still, I understand what you mean, rather see less products more polished and with more content than a lot with a bit less budget etc.

Of course, she's probably got so many ideas that she can't focus on just one And since she's outsourcing much of the technical stuff, she won't be dividing her resources in such a way as she would if she only worked within her on studio.
Old 05-14-2012, 02:05 PM   #926

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneckchen ^.^ View Post
Only thing that really bothers me is how she says she wants to make 6-8 games a year in the future. I would much prefer it if she focused on making one great game every 1-2 years instead of a bunch of mediocre ones.
Apparently you missed the part where she said she'd hire developers.

"You ever wish you could just follow your instincts, live for the moment?" - Gabriel Knight

Now playing - Legend of Grimrock
Need to finish - The Whispered World
Finished - Botanicula, The Journeyman Project 3: Legacy of Time
Up Next - A New Beginning, Monkey Island 2 Special Edition
Anticipating - Asylum, Bracken Tor, The Last Crown
Old 05-14-2012, 02:17 PM   #927
Schattenjäger

if jane starts outsourcing 6-8 full length games per year, that would make her a major publisher
Old 05-15-2012, 09:46 AM   #928
fov
Rattenmonster

Aww, sweet message from Raleigh: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mZt9hXFAAE

I'm not sure if it's been discussed on this page (too lazy to look back!), but Jane will be chatting today with several GK2 alumni (video director Will Binder, Dean Erickson, Peter Lucas). She's going to record the conversation and post it for people to listen to. As a big GK2 fangirl, I'm excited - just wish there were video too so I could drool over Von Glower.
Old 05-15-2012, 11:36 AM   #929
MoP
Comfortably Numb

Wait, I thought it was going to be a video. According to this update at least:
Quote:
Here's a taste of the cool behind-the-scene stills from GK2 we'll be sharing with you as part of the GK2 chat video.
Old 05-15-2012, 01:03 PM   #930
fov
Rattenmonster

It'll be a conversation with the still shots - but not live video of the chat itself.
Old 05-15-2012, 01:19 PM   #931
MoP
Comfortably Numb

Oh I see, darn, I thought it was some multi-window-skype-recording deal. Still, it's going to be fun, wonder what the chemistry will be after all these years.
Btw, Piotrek was born something like 30 miles from here
Old 05-16-2012, 03:12 AM   #932
A.A

Yeah, I'm a much bigger GK1 fan so I would have loved something from Tim Curry or Mark Hamill or Leah Remini (and Tim Curry was involved in two games, so it would have have been really good to have gotten him in on this in some way) but GK2 has a lot of fans too, so I won't complain...too much.

Plus it seems to be Jane's favourite too, so it makes sense.

400 is looking difficult, but fingers crossed...
Old 05-17-2012, 06:39 AM   #933
The Quiet One

Part I and II of their chat are available to listen to. Part III is yet to be uploaded.

There seems to be a lot of noise in the background, which spoils them a bit... "/
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 05-17-2012, 06:46 AM   #934
fov
Rattenmonster

Quote:
There seems to be a lot of noise in the background, which spoils them a bit... "/
I was listening in on the recording as it happened, and no one could figure out what that was. They tried restarting the call but it didn't go away. The guy who helped clean up the audio (Luke from Just Press Start) thought it might be someone with a *very* sensitive microphone moving around in their computer chair. He did the best he could to clean it up - it sounded worse before his efforts!

Anyway - it's still a fun conversation, and there are some great behind the scenes tidbits. Between the conversation and the photos I think it's a super treat for GK2 fans. I loved hearing Dean and Peter's voices again. At one point when they were trying to figure out what was happening with the audio, Dean said my name and I just about swooned.

Not sure if this part has been posted yet - but Jane makes a comment about how Gabriel is known for his white shirt and blue jeans. Apparently white and blue clothing are off limits when you're using a blue screen! Which is why he ended up with a green shirt and black jeans. That was interesting to me, I never thought about it before...
Old 05-17-2012, 07:04 AM   #935
The Quiet One

Quote:
Originally Posted by fov View Post
I was listening in on the recording as it happened, and no one could figure out what that was. They tried restarting the call but it didn't go away. The guy who helped clean up the audio (Luke from Just Press Start) thought it might be someone with a *very* sensitive microphone moving around in their computer chair. He did the best he could to clean it up - it sounded worse before his efforts!
Ahh, I see...

Quote:
At one point when they were trying to figure out what was happening with the audio, Dean said my name and I just about swooned.
Was that during an edit?

Quote:
Not sure if this part has been posted yet - but Jane makes a comment about how Gabriel is known for his white shirt and blue jeans. Apparently white and blue clothing are off limits when you're using a blue screen! Which is why he ended up with a green shirt and black jeans. That was interesting to me, I never thought about it before...
I don't recall hearing about that, so I'm guessing it's in the third video...?
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 05-17-2012, 07:11 AM   #936
fov
Rattenmonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyShinigami View Post
Was that during an edit?
Yeah it was edited out! But for the most part I don't think too much was edited. I haven't listened to the whole thing yet but I don't think anything of substance was removed, just stuff like awkward pauses and Peter's baby crying in the background...
Old 05-17-2012, 07:18 AM   #937
Lovable rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by fov View Post
Jane makes a comment about how Gabriel is known for his white shirt and blue jeans. Apparently white and blue clothing are off limits when you're using a blue screen! Which is why he ended up with a green shirt and black jeans. That was interesting to me, I never thought about it before...
That is interesting, it also puts into perspective the age of the game, when you consider that they didn't have green-screen in those days.

"My mental image of Jat is a gentleman sitting in a leather armchair, wearing a robe. The light in the room is dim and strangely he's not sitting in front of a computer, but next to a small, round table with a box of cigars on." - Jelena

Old 05-17-2012, 08:37 AM   #938
Schattenjäger

id say our chances of 400k are looking good. An end-surge of 25k in one day would be realistic for us, and weve got almost 2 days!
Old 05-17-2012, 09:57 AM   #939

Haha, I love when Peter talks about the "steamy bedroom scene" towards the end of the second recording.

Ahem. Just needed to get that out of my system. Carry on.
Old 05-17-2012, 08:40 PM   #940
She Wants Revenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by zane View Post
id say our chances of 400k are looking good. An end-surge of 25k in one day would be realistic for us, and weve got almost 2 days!
Yep, it's definitely looking like we get past 400k which is excellent. I don't mind more though . The pledges have picked up nicely during the last day or so.