You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure New Jane Jensen game and Kickstarter campaign

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2012, 02:56 PM   #21

I think Jane Jensen purposely announced this on April Fool's Day so that we thinks it's not real, and hence to keep us guessing. She planned it well, thats what makes her so brilliant!

Why set up a website, start a countdown timer, and in the end tell us, "Haha, just a joke!" There is something coming, if its GK4, GM2 or even a completely new story, anything that derives from the mind of Jane Jensen is pure brilliance!

I am intrigued....
Old 04-01-2012, 03:12 PM   #22

Could be cognition coming...
Old 04-02-2012, 12:05 AM   #23

Default Find pinkerton road?

A new jane jensen adventure? new gabriel knight???

Have you seen the ad in adventuregamers main page...

It leads to this
http://pinkertonroad.com/
Old 04-02-2012, 01:25 AM   #24
She Wants Revenge

http://www.adventuregamers.com/forum...ad.php?t=30815
Old 04-02-2012, 02:34 AM   #25

That wouldn't be "something's coming", would it? Cognition is already confirmed, it's no mystery.

The Biggest Adventure of the Past, Present and Future!
Old 04-02-2012, 05:02 AM   #26
Phoenician

I can confirm that this is NOT about Cognition.
Old 04-02-2012, 07:01 AM   #27

One of the search items for the website is "Robert Holmes".

Would this be the same guy who is the scriptwriter for Dr. Who?

Edit; no, I guess it's the guy who composed the music for Gabriel knight..
Old 04-02-2012, 07:15 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawa View Post
One of the search items for the website is "Robert Holmes".

Would this be the same guy who is the scriptwriter for Dr. Who?

Edit; no, I guess it's the guy who composed the music for Gabriel knight..
Correct. And wrote the music for Gray Matter. Robert Holmes is also Jane Jensens husband. Also, the band "Scarlet Furies" starring Jane Jensens step daughter Raleigh, hade some of there songs as sound track in Gray Matter. Anyway, please let Janes surprise be a new GK game. Even if my brain says otherwise....
Old 04-02-2012, 07:51 AM   #29
Schattenjäger

Im guessing what the teaser clips are alluding to is that: jane is founding a new studio, and that company is going to own the rights to do what they want with her other intellectual properties. Probably doesnt mean sequels right away, but could mean more re-releases. Hopefully it will come with the announcement of their first new game (and probably a kickstarter).
Old 04-02-2012, 08:44 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by zane View Post
Im guessing what the teaser clips are alluding to is that: jane is founding a new studio, and that company is going to own the rights to do what they want with her other intellectual properties. Probably doesnt mean sequels right away, but could mean more re-releases. Hopefully it will come with the announcement of their first new game (and probably a kickstarter).
This is pretty much my hunch as well, though whether she owns the rights to a certain property is what I'm really wondering about the most.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:21 AM   #31
A Slice of Fried Gold

Send a message via MSN to SamandMax Send a message via Yahoo to SamandMax

Whatever it is, I'm sure it's going to involve Kickstarter.

Bruce Springsteen - Wrecking Ball
They Might Be Giants - Dog Walker
The Kinks - Money Talks
Gorillaz - DoYaThing
Old 04-02-2012, 09:24 AM   #32
Filmfreak

Well, April Fools aside, I'm intrigued. Can't wait to see if it's "just" the launching of a new studio, or if there's a new game (with or without Kickstarter) coming with it...

Whatever it is, it's good to see the adventure scene moving like it has these past few months...
Old 04-02-2012, 09:34 AM   #33

Let me repeat:

"These are very deep waters."

But basically - it's a good thing that something is happening, whatever it is. Sierra franchises were burried for a long time, and although i'm sceptical about Telltale doing KQ, that and this as an obvious sign of Jane's will to do something can only mean good.

The Biggest Adventure of the Past, Present and Future!
Old 04-02-2012, 11:05 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamandMax View Post
Whatever it is, I'm sure it's going to involve Kickstarter.
Jane is probably the single person I trust most in the gaming world. If she looks to Kickstarter, I'll be there to support.

"You ever wish you could just follow your instincts, live for the moment?" - Gabriel Knight

Now playing - Legend of Grimrock
Need to finish - The Whispered World
Finished - Botanicula, The Journeyman Project 3: Legacy of Time
Up Next - A New Beginning, Monkey Island 2 Special Edition
Anticipating - Asylum, Bracken Tor, The Last Crown
Old 04-02-2012, 11:37 AM   #35
Tell me This is It

Send a message via AIM to Terabin

I will definitely be supporting Jane if a kick starter is the way she wants to go. Starting her own company is a much better way for her to control the process to channel her writing and design. Can't wait for the actual news!
Old 04-02-2012, 01:07 PM   #36

I am so excited with this. Here's hoping it involves kickstarter and here's hoping she's got her hands on the GK intellectual property again. It is by no means as far fetched as some people in this thread have implied.

The 4th GK has not been developed because the suits think there is no market for such a game and because they are unwilling to fund the game. A successfull kickstarter would prove them wrong on both counts and I can see how Jane could have easily reached an agreement with whoever owns the rights now. Money solves everything. Hell, just the thought of money solves everything.

Remember: We know for sure that Activision/Bliizard/Whatever still holds onto the old sierra ips(see the silver lining nagging they pulled over the KQ property) and if I'm not mistaken Telltale has the license to develop some such games now. They must be quite aware of the interest that there is on such franchises.

Plus, there has been a lot of media attention concerning the success of doublefine's kickstarter. And also the fact that Monkey island special editions were top sellers. Trust me, some of them suits must be aware they own potential untapped goldmines. GK doesn't have the popularity of the lucasarts games, but is a real cult classic loved by millions.

I wouldn't be suprised at all if the announcement concerns GK4. I would be thrilled if it involves kickstarter. It puts the funding of the game on the hands of the fanbase, and that in my mind assures that the game would be made. I would open my wallet far and wide for it.
Old 04-02-2012, 02:38 PM   #37
Detective

The adventure gods are sending their only sons Tex Murphy & Gabriel Knight to save us. Thankyou! Oh Gods do we need it!! I'll gladly support any Jane Jensen Kickstarter project, we could actually give feedback as to what we want..my god heaven
Old 04-02-2012, 08:33 PM   #38

I like that she's bought ad space all over the site. Whatever the announcement is, it shows that she's very serious about it.

Recently finished: MCF: Escape from Ravenhearst [+], The Walking Dead, ep. 1 [+++], Gray Matter [++]
Old 04-02-2012, 11:53 PM   #39

Send a message via AIM to valypan Send a message via MSN to valypan Send a message via Yahoo to valypan
Default Exciting!

This is really something to look forward to. One day and we will all know what it´s all about. I sincerely hope for a "Gray Matter" sequel not far in the future. Gabriel Knight 4 has been wanted and hoped for for so many years that I don´t even dare thinking about it. If it is indeed Jane Jensen´s own company, I would say: about time! I would support it 100%!
Old 04-03-2012, 12:53 AM   #40
Failed Birthday Elf

I'm really interested to see what this is going to be. To be honest I am just trying as hard as possible not to get my hopes built up for anything too much, although surely not all this fuss for another hidden object game?

I'm about 99% certain we won't be seeing GK4 [/opinion] but Gray Matter 2, this time with a marketing budget of more than £5, would be good. To be honest, what I would really want to see (not including a properly made GK4) is a brand new adventure from a brand new studio.

Whatever happens, I should probably already think about excuses for my wife when "Jane Jensen Kickstarter Campaign" shows up on the bank statement!