You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Tex Murphy seems to be back

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2012, 05:28 PM   #141
Schattenjäger

lol... this is a hilarious way to get new backers... People keep leaving the old 150 tier and then somebody who hasnt read the update sees the opening and goes "1 spot left?! i better take it!"....
Has happened at least twice now.
Old 05-15-2012, 07:00 PM   #142
Rin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie View Post
Without the DLC issue I may be inclined to pledge more. Let's see how the Kickstarter goes, so far I pledged 16$, I may raise later on.
Hi ozzie, if you haven't had chance yet check out the Updates page which resolves the DLC issue.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...t-fedora/posts

Thanks for supporting!
Old 05-15-2012, 09:37 PM   #143

No mention of this Kickstarter on the AG homepage???
Old 05-15-2012, 11:39 PM   #144

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejobloshow View Post
On the subject of Tex Murphy. Last year I purchased a Lasersoft compilation CD-Rom that included all of Access Software's floppy disk adventure games (Mean Streets, Countdown, Crime Wave and Martian Memorandum)

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00124MWHW//ref=nosim/adventuregame-20

It was about half the price of what I pledged for this Kickstarter so that should tell you how ridiculously priced it was. It's just strange to see compilation CDs have appreciated in value like this... imagine how much all the goodies from these Kickstarters will command in a few years time!
Whoaaa...does it actually go for near $210 (the current price listed)? I own that.
Old 05-15-2012, 11:49 PM   #145
More slaw!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by talkshow View Post
That's what I've been thinking, keep checking it to see if it's there. With any luck AG may have a feature interview with Chris Jones in the works...?
Old 05-16-2012, 12:30 AM   #146

Quote:
This is what you get if you confuse AG with JA From project description:
Quote:
Final Grade: A
"The extraordinary plot, combined with witty and professional acting, challenging puzzles, and immersive graphics result in another great adventure game from the Tex Murphy series."

Just Adventure
Old 05-16-2012, 04:03 AM   #147
The Quiet One

I hope this project gets some attention in the gaming press soon...
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 05-16-2012, 04:51 AM   #148
Rin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arial Type View Post
This is what you get if you confuse AG with JA From project description:
Good catch. I guess they copy pasted the formatting for the previous review quiote above it (JA) and forget to change the website title (AG).
The Big Finish link below that isn't working too currently. So maybe it'll be fixed later.
Old 05-16-2012, 06:06 AM   #149
Chris Barraclough

Wow, a third of the way there already...really hope it doesn't tail off now, would be great to see these guys smash their target

Check out www.chrisbarraclough.co.uk for promotions and giveaways. Twitter: Seebaruk
Old 05-16-2012, 09:23 AM   #150
MoP
Comfortably Numb

Well damn (PM responses shared by one of the backers):
Quote:
Originally Posted by First response
"Project Fedora" will be DRM-free in that once you purchase the game you will have the ability to download it to any supported device (PC or Mac).
After an obvious "wut?":
Quote:
Originally Posted by Second response
We are aware of the concern over DRM, however our answer was the way it was because that is our goal, not our method. We are trying to determine the best way to accommodate our players while still protecting our software. Currently we're leaning toward making an internet connection required to install the game (much like you would if you downloaded a game from Steam), however if you have an alternative suggestion we'd love to hear it!
That's pretty annoying. And might be a deal breaker for many people, with all of the zealotry around DRM.

Uhm... now in the FAQ there's pretty much the first response, but as a "Yes, it's DRM-free". Are they trying to reinvent the term or something? I R confused

Last edited by MoP; 05-16-2012 at 12:38 PM.
Old 05-16-2012, 09:50 AM   #151
Hopeful skeptic

Quote:
Nope. We already announced Project Fedora earlier, and we're not doing fundraising news for every new game.

We are, of course, preparing a full length feature article about the new Tex.
Old 05-16-2012, 10:06 AM   #152
Schattenjäger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoP View Post
Are they trying to reinvent the term or something? I R confused
The most important part of their answer is the.. "Yes."
If they try to further twist that to mean somthing else its going to cause some trouble for them later.
Old 05-16-2012, 11:30 AM   #153

Send a message via ICQ to Owskie Send a message via AIM to Owskie Send a message via MSN to Owskie Send a message via Yahoo to Owskie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal View Post
Nope. We already announced Project Fedora earlier, and we're not doing fundraising news for every new game.

We are, of course, preparing a full length feature article about the new Tex.
I think doing fundraising news would be a great idea actually.. bi weekly updates on current fundraising and coming up fundraising projects. These fundraising projects are obviously helping out the adventure game scene and bringing it to places we thought it may never get to again. I definatley think there should be a section for such things..
Old 05-16-2012, 12:24 PM   #154
MoP
Comfortably Numb

Quote:
Originally Posted by zane View Post
The most important part of their answer is the.. "Yes."
If they try to further twist that to mean somthing else its going to cause some trouble for them later.
Well, that "yes" is a "no" as it turns out, more replies:
Quote:
If Steam picks us up then it will have whatever DRM Steam applies to it.
Quote:
Sorry to disappoint you with this, however we just had a meeting with the programmers and we stand by this decision. However, we will speak to GOG about releasing the game in future years entirely DRM free.
That FAQ entry is seriously misleading then...
Old 05-16-2012, 12:30 PM   #155
Senior *female* member

It's great that they've already raised 150K, but I'm worried. So few backers, far less than the Andromeda guys and that doesn't spell any good because the Space Venture is not going to make it, unless a miracle happens. They're not even close to the 12K a day they need. Tex is already down to one thousand an hour and needs about 10K a day. So that's okay, for now. But it is sure to go down more. I don't want to be too pessimistic, after all this is just day two, but even when people thought Jane's Pinkerton wasn't doing too well, she never fell below the amount of money she needed each day.
Old 05-16-2012, 12:37 PM   #156
Schattenjäger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoP View Post

That FAQ entry is seriously misleading then...
That depends, is everyone getting the game on steam? They really should have said that in the rewards..ugh.
Sounds like they just dont know yet. If they have a steam and a non-steam version for backers then i see no problem, thats what double fine is doing.
Old 05-16-2012, 12:45 PM   #157

Quote:
Sorry to disappoint you with this, however we just had a meeting with the programmers and we stand by this decision.
That's a stupid decision. They're going to antagonize the (small but extremely vocal) anti-DRM crowd and create a bad vibe around their project, in exchange for a copy-protection system that'll get cracked within 10 minutes and won't get them a single extra sale.

Then again, they'll probably change their minds when they realize that they haven't reached their goal yet and that, as Fien said, they need to get far more people on board beyond the hardcore fans if they want to get there.
Recently finished: MCF: Escape from Ravenhearst [+], The Walking Dead, ep. 1 [+++], Gray Matter [++]
Old 05-16-2012, 12:49 PM   #158
Schattenjäger

where are they talking about this??
Old 05-16-2012, 12:57 PM   #159
self-distracted

Send a message via MSN to maladroid

I hear you, Fien. People got really excited that the 100k milestone was reached so easily but that was to be expected given the fact that this campaign had been announced almost two months ago and the more devoted fans were anxiously waiting for it to go live, then donated all together. Tex Murphy is not a very relevant brand name in the games' industry anymore and if this starts crawling it will have a hard time picking up again. I hope word starts spreading like wildfire so at least the fans of the originals will hear about it and come running (the people who played Tex during his prime or discovered him through GOG later on surely are many many more than 1.400?).

Good thing they have that great pitch video on their side, I've watched it about four times already and it never gets old. Chris Jones still got it and the diner idea was a real treat too. I just wish they had put some more effort into their accompanying text below it, it feels seriously lacking and barebones. Why not mix it up with a couple of bolded topics (like Story, Gameplay, Technology, Branching Narrative, etc.) and some sexy pics of the previous games to spice things up and give people something to look at and absorb outside the video? From their various interviews and scattered info that was leaking through all these years, I gather that the main story is already in place for some time now, why just keep it vague as in "Tex's greatest story yet" and not give some particulars for people to chew on?

Anyway, I went for the $100 tier but I might consider squeezing in 50 more to get that collectible shot glass (which I will probably never use) at some point. Go Tex!

Proud supporter of Tex Murphy - Project Fedora
Old 05-16-2012, 01:11 PM   #160
Schattenjäger

We (Adventure-Treff) just posted our new guest column by Aaron Conners.
The article is called "The Rise, Fall and Resurrection of FMV" and should be very interesting for all of you Tex Murphy fans. Here is the link:
http://www.adventure-treff.de/artikel/features/gastkolumne.php?id=4&lang=eng
Favorite games: Gabriel Knight series, Heavy Rain, Tex Murphy series, The Last Express, King's Quest 6 Phantasmagoria 1 and 2, The Lost Crown, Tender Loving Care, Blade Runner, Quest for Glory 4, Overclocked, The Dig, Dreamfall...