You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Sokal rides again!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2012, 03:39 PM   #21

I thought Syberia 1 concluded Kate's story just fine. All the character development is in the first part. She takes her big decision at the end of it. And of course she finally meets Hans, the person whose traces she followed all along her journey.
I hate Syberia 2, mostly for the puzzle design. But the story also takes its long sweet time to reach its predictable climax with little surprises along the way. It was rather spread thin in the second part. I'm not sure if we really needed to see the mammoths. The ending of the first Syberia left a lot open, but it finished the main plot I think. Certainly more than could be said of Dreamfall *grumble* *grumble*

I don't care that both games were intended as parts of the same story. I just choose to ignore the second game just like many King's Quest fans hadn't a problem with ignoring the eighth part of the series...

Last edited by ozzie; 03-08-2012 at 03:44 PM.
Old 03-08-2012, 06:34 PM   #22

What aspect of puzzle design in Syberia II do people dislike? You have to refresh my memory. I don't remember puzzles being much different than in Syberia I.

"You ever wish you could just follow your instincts, live for the moment?" - Gabriel Knight

Now playing - Legend of Grimrock
Need to finish - The Whispered World
Finished - Botanicula, The Journeyman Project 3: Legacy of Time
Up Next - A New Beginning, Monkey Island 2 Special Edition
Anticipating - Asylum, Bracken Tor, The Last Crown
Old 03-09-2012, 01:54 AM   #23

Although I loved Syberia 1 and 2, I wouldn't like a third installment. Dear Benoit, enough of mammoths. There are other creatures and stories as well.
Old 03-09-2012, 02:59 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by dekaneas297 View Post
Although I loved Syberia 1 and 2, I wouldn't like a third installment. Dear Benoit, enough of mammoths. There are other creatures and stories as well.
Maybe Kate can help the Youki look for his long lost ancestors?
Old 03-11-2012, 08:55 AM   #25
tsa
Playing character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fien View Post
All these years poor Kate has been stuck in the frozen Syberian wonderworld, eating penguins and Youkis and unspeakable things, hoping and waiting for us to help her get back to the civilised world, where she will marry the first ambitious lawyer she sets her motherly eyes on, and have six children by him.
Those penguins were weird. They had to swim a long way from the South Pole to get there. But I bet they kept Kate alive by giving her fish and eggs to eat.
Old 03-13-2012, 09:48 AM   #26

http://www.physorg.com/news/2012-03-skorean-russian-scientists-clone-mammoth.html

Relevant.

"You ever wish you could just follow your instincts, live for the moment?" - Gabriel Knight

Now playing - Legend of Grimrock
Need to finish - The Whispered World
Finished - Botanicula, The Journeyman Project 3: Legacy of Time
Up Next - A New Beginning, Monkey Island 2 Special Edition
Anticipating - Asylum, Bracken Tor, The Last Crown