You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Lots of False releasing dates !...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2012, 10:29 AM   #1
Advie.1

Default Lots of False releasing dates !...

I know a dozen of those ... i ve been waiting for Black Sails more than two years now, and its troubles me to go every now and then to check everywhere for it to see if its already released or Not!!! ...and same also with Haunted , i know it something with Deck13 as i remember the same issues with Jack Keane and Ankh especially the Eng releases .
there are also (a game that matters) Lucius ,i dying really to play this game.

could somebody update me with any news concerning a confirmed release date for any of those games?
Thanks.

Old 03-02-2012, 11:12 AM   #2
Filmfreak

Bracken Tor ?
Old 03-02-2012, 12:03 PM   #3
Advie.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimovieMan View Post
Bracken Tor ?
Yup and that too ... isnt that terrible REALLY

Old 03-04-2012, 12:18 PM   #4

Black Sails should be out - at least in Germany. I remember playing the demo in, nov. 2010, I think or maybe it was november 2011.

For the English version, things normally takes a little more time, because contracts have to be signed, localization have to be made and publishers have to be found. Sometimes the English version comes out on Steam or Games Gate or on the Adventure Shop etc.

Why they don't just make English subtitles like with Yomourjak's Ring is beyond me?
Old 03-04-2012, 03:44 PM   #5
Senior Automaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by aries323 View Post
Why they don't just make English subtitles like with Yomourjak's Ring is beyond me?
Yes! I've been thinking this for a long time. Not only would it help get foreign games understandable in English faster, foreign voices definitely add something to the game.

Playing Yoomurjak's Ring in Hungarian was a unique experience and added to the culture and feeling of being in Eger. If you're a tourist you don't get the privilege of an English translation.

Sadly, some people want everything audible in their native language.
Old 03-04-2012, 04:23 PM   #6

There are three kinds of lies, to paraphrase Mark Twain: Lies, damn lies, and release dates.

This is just an iron law of software design.