You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Maybe you can help me ?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2012, 01:23 AM   #1

Default Maybe you can help me ?

Hello there! I've been looking for weeks everywhere but I cannot find a thread like this. I'm looking for a point and click game like

The book of unwritten tales
Ceville
Ghost Pirates of Vooju Island
Monkey island

Games with recent graphic and is somewhat fanatasy like.. in a castle maybe or a pirate ship if you get me right.

Do you have anymore games like this? remember i want the graphic to be recent thank you very much !
Old 02-13-2012, 02:18 AM   #2
Senior *female* member

The Whispered World.
Old 02-13-2012, 02:25 AM   #3

I tried that game this morning.. the soundtrack was sad and so was the story, it really bugs.. so after a chapter i stopped playing it. sure I could turn off the music but what is a point and click game without its soundtrack? I'm more into "happy" soundtracks. Thanks tho!
Old 02-13-2012, 02:37 AM   #4
Senior *female* member

Okay, so Deponia may be better suited. Fun game. Problem is it isn't out yet in English, only in German. Will be released in May, I think. Keep it in mind.
Old 02-13-2012, 03:05 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovee236 View Post
I tried that game this morning.. the soundtrack was sad and so was the story, it really bugs.. so after a chapter i stopped playing it.
That's just what I loved about that game. It's so melancholy.

Anyways if you want something happy and piratey you should try Jolly Rover lol. The graphics aren't as good as any of the Daedalic games but I still liked the game a lot. There's a demo on Steam.
Old 02-13-2012, 03:17 AM   #6
Senior Automaton

I would recommend Jack Keane. Great modern graphics (similar to Ceville), funny characters and plot (which is astonishing considering it's from Germany) and some clever puzzles. Much better than Book of Unwritten Tales IMO.
Old 02-13-2012, 07:48 AM   #7

Thanks alot for all of your answers, Already bought Jack Keane and Deponia will be in my mind ! would really appreciate if you got a few more games !
Old 02-13-2012, 09:19 AM   #8
Filmfreak

Lost Horizon - it's a really good game. It may not be all that piratey and/or fantastical, but it's so Indiana Jones-like that I can't help but mention it. Plus its backgrounds and locations look beautiful.

And I agree with Oscar about Jack Keane: it's slightly piratey, and while there isn't all that much fantasy in it, it has a funny and absurd plot and was a rather fun game. I wasn't that impressed with its graphics, though, but if Oscar says they're like Ceville, and you like the Ceville graphics, then they'll be ok (never played Ceville myself).
A sequel should come out sometime this year, too, if you're interested.
Old 02-13-2012, 09:36 AM   #9

I have actually tried Lost Horizon and it didnt have that fantasy genre that i was looking for so didnt really work out between us two but thanks and yes Jack keane seems like a fun game with all the right aspects for me.
Old 02-13-2012, 11:48 AM   #10

I actually found another game called Simon the sorcerer.. but I only bothered to get the fifth one because of the graphic difference

Last edited by Lovee236; 02-13-2012 at 11:53 AM.
Old 02-13-2012, 01:35 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovee236 View Post
I actually found another game called Simon the sorcerer.. but I only bothered to get the fifth one because of the graphic difference
The original 2 Simon games are actually a lot better and more charming than the new ones... but the graphics are old school...

http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/simon_the_sorcerer

http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/simon_the_sorcerer_2
Old 02-13-2012, 06:12 PM   #12
Advie.1

try those ,guess i reckon ur fantasy taste:
Ankh Triolgy
vampyre story
so blonde
Syberia I & 2 (both little not up todate but a must play ones)
Emerald City Confidential (not great graphics as those u mentioned)
Everlight: Of Magic & Power
simon the sorccer 4 & 5

Paradise
treasure island
Last 2 mentioned i guess u d rather read their review 1st as they got lots of glitches!
Old 02-14-2012, 12:02 AM   #13

Thanks alot, these games look really good! ill definately check them out!
Old 02-14-2012, 03:34 AM   #14
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

I really enyojed "Edna & Harvey: The Breakout". It is not fantasy...in the traditional sense. You stumble around in an Insane Asylum, so there's lots of fantasy to go around.

I should warn you though, in case the English version also has the wrong Age restrictions. In the German version, for some reason it was rated "E for Everyone", despite Daedalic wanting a "12+" rating. It has some dark scenes that are really not for kids, and I am not saying kids under 12 can't stand a bit of darkness (I know kids have to face some scary things, or they'll always be scared. I had a discussion whether "Coraline" was really suitable for kids 6 and up. I think it is, though of course it depends on the kid.)...but this might really a bit too dark.

I hear the English translation is not that good, though. If you speak German remotely well, I recommend the German version. Subtitles are always available as a help, too.

Also, the follow up "Harvey's New Eyes" (I think it's not yet translated...so it might get a slightly different title later on) is great, though it has quite a bit more macabre touch to it, in contrast with more happy things.

And I too can recommend the first two Simon the Sorcerer games. They are great. Don't let the pixel graphics put you down - these games are awesome. And have a great humour too.

I personally love "The Longest Journey", though I know many people don't. It's an "Either you love it, or you don't game", I guess. As long as you don't blame it on that stupid rubber duck puzzle at the start, that's fine with me.

And last but not least, I can recommend the "Discworld" games. Discworld 1 has pixel graphics, but is still great. "Discworld 2" has Cartoon graphics, so this might be more your thing. However, especially with Discworld 1, people have complained about the logic of some puzzles. I can't really confirm that, as I had no problems and it made sense to me (I am good at "different" logic. Not "non-logical" logic, mind you. Just unconventional logic that still works. Also, I guess I am used to Discworld, as I read the books.). Also, Rincewind is spoken by Eric Idle in both. So if you like Monty Python, this is a real bonus.

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!
Old 02-14-2012, 06:42 AM   #15

Some of you guys have mentioned some old games and i've already played some and I honestly didn't enjoy them but it could've been because I didn't let myself come far in the game. So I've decided to Actually complete simon the sorcerer 1 and hopefully I will change my opinion about old games. But I have a question, how long did it take you guys to complete simon 1?