You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Another Still Life/ McPherson Game?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2012, 01:57 PM   #1

Default Another Still Life/ McPherson Game?

Hey there,

I enjoyed both Post Mortem and Still Life immensely, although SL2 was something of a downer.

I was just wondering how many here believe there is a possibility of there being another great game based on this series?

Not neccesarily based on Victoria mind you. The first two games make referrences to an infamous case Gus worked on in London and I think it'd be great if that were explored in a further game.

Does anyone else think it'd be great to see one more try at the series?
Old 02-06-2012, 06:52 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terramax View Post
Hey there,

I enjoyed both Post Mortem and Still Life immensely, although SL2 was something of a downer.

I was just wondering how many here believe there is a possibility of there being another great game based on this series?

Not neccesarily based on Victoria mind you. The first two games make referrences to an infamous case Gus worked on in London and I think it'd be great if that were explored in a further game.

Does anyone else think it'd be great to see one more try at the series?
I think I once mentioned my support for the making of a game based on Gus' London case. I loved Post Mortem when it came out, and Still Life made me believe even more in the potential of Gus as a detective/protagonist. I wholeheartedly agree with you, Terramax.
Old 02-06-2012, 08:23 PM   #3

There shouldn't have been a Still Life 2. Honestly, like it has been mentioned, Post Mortem was awesome. I felt like it should of been a series with each game being different but yet continuing the story.

http://www.sbnewsom.com/
Old 02-07-2012, 02:38 AM   #4

Agreed I would love another of these games to come out, or even a new art of murder would be good, actually now im thinking about it, any new adventure game thats not all cartoony or for consoles would be nice x
Old 02-07-2012, 04:43 AM   #5
She Wants Revenge

Yeah there just can't be enough dark detective themed adventures. The infamous London case has been brought up here quite many times but it surely deserves the attention it's getting. Gus is like Sherlock Holmes but better.

I also found Still Life 2 disappointing apart from the music. It has a few strengths but they were in a wrong place. MacPhersons in survival horror, whaaat?
Old 02-07-2012, 07:07 AM   #6
Adventurer

If Syberia III ever comes out, chances are Victoria McPherson will show up there, as this was stated by Sokal himself in an interview or something(can't remember exact at the moment, and too lazy to google ).

But another Still Life game would be really nice. Perhaps one that actually continued the story of Still Life and gave more conclusion.

And yeah, Still Life 2 was a bit of a downer in many ways.

Just Finished: Mystery Stories: Mountains of Madness

Currently Playing: The Secrets of Atlantis
Old 02-07-2012, 07:16 AM   #7
I changed my title

I'd love to see another game with Gus McPherson. He was such a great character - polite, quiet, smart - not all games need protagonists who think the world revolves around them.
Old 02-07-2012, 08:11 AM   #8

Sorry there are tons of dark mystery adventure games....they all went over to Casual HOG gaming and had a giant orgy....now the Dark Mystery theme is overplayed just like WW2 games in First Person Shooters. -_-

I don't want Dark Mystery games. I want a new game in the Post Mortem series. Then again, we got Heavy Rain and I thoroughly enjoyed it, hoping that more games would come of it.

http://www.sbnewsom.com/
Old 02-08-2012, 02:19 PM   #9

As far as I'm concerned, no adventure game has done mature so well. The writing on the first two installments is about as solid as I've seen.

Yes, there have been similar titles like those listed above, but Art of Murder didn't have the dialog or the memorable characters (only played the first one, so correct me if the other two got THAT much better) and Heavy Rain just no imagination at all.

Quote:
I'd love to see another game with Gus McPherson. He was such a great character - polite, quiet, smart - not all games need protagonists who think the world revolves around them.
Indeed, many felt that Gus was somehow not a believable character because he wasn't some typical, witty, hard-as tough guy, but I found his politeness very refreshing.

Victoria was a great polar opposite, and playing the two in turns gave a lot of variety to an already deep game.
Old 02-08-2012, 07:40 PM   #10

"Indeed, many felt that Gus was somehow not a believable character because he wasn't some typical, witty, hard-as tough guy, but I found his politeness very refreshing."

Yes! Gus really was an Everyman. And driven to the brink, he beat the crap out of Inspector Skalnic -- which I think "every man" would have done under those circumstances.
Old 02-08-2012, 09:09 PM   #11
Senior Automaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by rottford View Post
"Indeed, many felt that Gus was somehow not a believable character because he wasn't some typical, witty, hard-as tough guy, but I found his politeness very refreshing."

Yes! Gus really was an Everyman. And driven to the brink, he beat the crap out of Inspector Skalnic -- which I think "every man" would have done under those circumstances.
That was the one part I felt was really out of character. He was a fairly timid, softly spoken but intrepid detective and suddenly beats the crap out of a senior policeman? I mean yeah, he had good reasons for it but it took me by surprise.