You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2012, 03:34 AM   #1

Default Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle

This So Blonde spinoff is releasing today in the UK unless i'm mistaken. Can anyone from the island give us info on it?

Thanks
Old 02-03-2012, 08:38 AM   #2

I really want this game. Sadly - to me it looks like the release date got slipped to the 24th of this month. Hopefully we'll get a review or two on that date.

Old 02-04-2012, 06:24 AM   #3
Schättenjager

A spinoff of a spinoff.Thanks i'll pass.
Old 02-05-2012, 03:33 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
A spinoff of a spinoff.Thanks i'll pass.
I think you're mistaken. So Blonde wasn't a spinoff, right? It was an original game. Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle is a So Blonde spinoff.
Old 02-11-2012, 02:31 AM   #5

Send a message via MSN to usman Send a message via Yahoo to usman
Default Captain Morgane And The Golden Turtle

Hi All,

Captain Morgane And The Golden Turtle seems really good. Its a Pirates adventure game out for PS3 and also PC comming shortly......
Old 02-11-2012, 03:26 AM   #6
Senior Automaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuyin View Post
I think you're mistaken. So Blonde wasn't a spinoff, right? It was an original game. Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle is a So Blonde spinoff.
Old 02-14-2012, 07:28 PM   #7

"Captain Morgane And The Golden Turtle seems really good. Its a Pirates adventure game out for PS3 and also PC comming shortly......"

It is also coming out for the Nintendo DS - in fact, Nintendo DS sales of the game are predicted to be particually strong - in the six digit range.

This game is a spin-off from "So Blonde" - I've played "So Blonde" and I loved it. This game which comes out on March 16th should be just as good:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Captain-Morg.../dp/B005BY6D1A

Speaking of Nintendo DS games. I'm OK witht the results of the 2011 Aggie awards. Ghost Trick got an award - I'm very pleased to see that.

I do wish 999 would have got someting - even a nomination. But I'm OK with that.

I feel Capt Morgane should get nominated for a few 2012 Aggie awards.

Last edited by Mikekelly; 02-17-2012 at 11:16 PM. Reason: add more data.
Old 04-03-2012, 12:06 AM   #8
Advie.1

it strange that no body gave any impression about it yet, as for yesterday,which had a serious big hassle ...
i haven't played it (Morgane), is it that bad or what?

Old 04-03-2012, 06:31 AM   #9

Sadly I haven't my copy in yet. "Spinoff" shouldn't bother anyone, I think. Is just that the games focuses on one of the characters introduced in the previous game, as explained here.
Old 04-03-2012, 08:10 AM   #10
She Wants Revenge

Judging by her looks she seems a lot more interesting than the blonde. I tried the first game and while it wasn't bad at all it just didn't get me very interested. On a pile "will play some distant time in the future".

Is this game better to be played after the So Blonde games, in case I get tempted?
Old 04-03-2012, 10:13 AM   #11
Filmfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikekelly View Post
I do wish 999 would have got someting - even a nomination. But I'm OK with that.
Shouldn't that have been in the 2010 Aggies, then?
Old 04-05-2012, 03:09 PM   #12

"I do wish 999 would have got someting - even a nomination. But I'm OK with that.

Shouldn't that have been in the 2010 Aggies, then?"

Not at all. The AG staff specifically stated that the game 999 would be included in the 2011 Aggies because none of the AG staff members had played the game in 2010. So, to be fair it was included with the 2011 Aggie nominees. This was probably a great idea.

Now to stay on topic, Captain Morgane is out and a spin off from So Blonde - which I enjoyed. However, playing the So Blonde game is not required. This game does stand on its own.

http://www.captainmorgane.com/

Old 04-11-2012, 07:23 PM   #13
Senior Automaton

Anyone played it yet? Is it as much of an abomination as it appears to be?

Last edited by Oscar; 04-11-2012 at 09:44 PM.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:12 AM   #14

A fun & enjoyable traditional type adventure with nice graphics & a well-structured story.

It's dotted with a few simple arcade mini-games that can be skipped (I thought the ones in So Blonde were better for anyone that likes them!) Otherwise puzzles consist mainly of inventory manipulation & use - nothing too silly! Some of it is challenging but gaming vets may find it a tad on the easy side!

Some of the annoying aspects included: the slight delay on anything happening when you clicked on things, indicated by a circle with an arrow (equivalent of an hourglass?) which I got more and more impatient with!, some awkwardness at times in getting Morgane to move where I wanted her to, & lastly trying to combine items from different 'pages' in the inventory by clicking & dragging the items to the next one was at times awkward!

You don't need to have played So Blonde but for anyone that has, some of the characters & locations are familiar!

If you didn't like So Blonde because of the backtracking & some of the inane objects you could click on you may like CM more. It's possibly a better game in some ways as it flows better but the story's not so intricate, less challenging & doesn't have many of the interesting details that SB did which I think I prefer!

Some people may consider the game an abomination Oscar in which case I love abominations!
Old 04-15-2012, 10:53 AM   #15
Advie.1

is there any option in the game for making the subtitles disappears by itself without me having to click every time she finishes her speaking , ...it is soo terribly annoying

Old 04-16-2012, 01:56 PM   #16

Two things I hated most about soblonde:

1.) traveling back and forth through the island. It was especially painfully boring when you didn't know what to do.

2.) the music was terrible. There were about two (maybe three) songs in the whole game that just kept repeating. The game needed a much bigger soundtrack, especially for how long it was. I got sick of hearing the same stupid song in the background.

If these two problems are fixed in Captain Morgan and everything else is kept basically the same then it should be a decent adventure game. But I don't feel like trying it right now.
Old 04-28-2012, 10:10 AM   #17
Tea & Cookie Monster

Liking this game so far, I´m in chapter 4 or 5 I think, not as much as "So Blonde" though. I can agree with Adventurere No. 1 that the constant clicking can be quite annoying though. It's also fun to recognize people and places...

Does anyone know if there are any 'special items' in this game, as there were in So Blonde?

Last edited by Majsan; 04-28-2012 at 12:55 PM.
Old 04-28-2012, 01:58 PM   #18

How to lose your player in 10 minutes or less: Make sure the introduction of your game is about doing chores in the house.
Old 04-28-2012, 02:19 PM   #19
Tea & Cookie Monster

Understand what you mean, felt the same way too...
Well, the only way to go is up after that!
Old 04-29-2012, 02:21 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikekelly View Post
"It is also coming out for the Nintendo DS - in fact, Nintendo DS sales of the game are predicted to be particually strong - in the six digit range.
Imagine that! I played So Blonde on the DS and it was one of the most boring games I've ever played. If this one is anything like that game I think I'll pass, or at least play it on the Wii or PC.