You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Looking for a Childhood Adventure Game

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2012, 10:57 PM   #1

Default Looking for a Childhood Adventure Game

Hey guys! I just registered in this site not knowing there is one for Adventure Gamers.

I also registered here because I have been looking for this adventure game that I played when I was young (this was during the 90s). I don't remember the title at all, and I think it came with the computer we bought then.

So anyway, the game is kinda dark. The setting was a medieval-ish town and you control of this woman, who I think was a witch. You start in the house, and then when you go outside, you get to see a castle. Going in to that castle, you will have to defeat a guard, which you can't defeat until you get this weapon later on.

Anyway, near there is also a fortune teller who tells you to get some ingredients such as a pair of eyes if I'm not mistaken. She'll give you the weapon to defeat the guard.

I was young then so I don't know what happens next. Does anyone perhaps know what it is and if it's available online? Thanks!
Old 01-10-2012, 06:32 AM   #2

How did the graphics look? Like this:

or like this:

Did you play it more closer to '91. or '99.? Do you play the game by only using your mouse or with a keyboard too? Was there action, like real fighting or only solving inventory puzzles? Could you die in a game? Do you take control of only one character, "the witch"? Do real actors show up or not?
Old 01-10-2012, 07:20 AM   #3

Hi Diego, I can't seem to see both links... but the graphics were a bit dark and stylized. It wasn't cartoony from what I remember, and there were some drawings from what I remember, and no real actors show up.

It was a point-and-click game, actually, and the combat, itself, was even point-and-click and it was just that soldier really. From what I played, you only take control of the "witch".

I remember playing it mid-90s (around '96). I'm not sure if it was a new game then, or perhaps it was already old and I just came with a pre-installed game.
Old 01-10-2012, 12:44 PM   #4

Is it possible to be Plague of the Moon??
Talk about obscurity..
Old 01-10-2012, 02:56 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elena View Post
Talk about obscurity..
Oh wow. That's something else, isn't it? It's like someone was ask to turn Coldwave into an adventure game.
Old 01-11-2012, 04:04 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elena View Post
Talk about obscurity..
Oh wow! This is definitely it, thanks!

Yes, talk about obscurity.... That is the reason why I never found this game again... Hahaha

Yay! It's shareware, Imma download it (once I have my Windows set up) Thanks againg guys!
Old 01-11-2012, 04:22 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by addik View Post
Thanks again guys!
Elena is the one to receive all the praise Really, i wouldn't have found this game even if my life depended on it - there are obscure titles, and then there are titles even without the Mobygames entry