You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure advice for the top 100's

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2012, 06:51 PM   #1
Advie.1

Default advice for the top 100's

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney was always a mentioned game of all the adventurer , and what i read and seen made always reject it as i into thing Like Syberia,Still Life,Blade runner,gabriel knight ... so do you think i should try it, what is good about it anyway.

i ll be gald also if anyone can tell me his an idea/opinion about stacking .
Thanks
Old 01-04-2012, 10:53 PM   #2

I love the Ace Attorney games, but they are nothing like any of the games you mentioned liking.

Phoenix Wright is a lawyer who inhabits near-future Japanafornia (not the actual name of the setting, but I always think of it that way) and defends clients in its wacky court system. The game consists of two phases for each case - gathering evidence, including physical clues and witness accounts, and cross-examining witnesses on the stand.

The cross-examination is one of the things I love about the games. If you enjoy extensive dialogue puzzles those sequences are some of the best around. There's nothing quite like making Phoenix yell 'Objection!' when you're not quite sure what you're objecting to yet . The other thing I love is the characters - from spiky-haired Phoenix himself to his assistant Maya, bumbling cop Dick Gumshoe and his prosecutor rival Miles Edgeworth, they're an engaging bunch.

While the games do deal with some serious subjects and are occasionally quite moving, if you're someone who likes everything in a game to be taken seriously they are probably not for you. The universe the characters inhabit is frequently ridiculous, and its legal system even more so.

Last edited by AnneS; 01-04-2012 at 11:34 PM.
Old 01-04-2012, 11:17 PM   #3
Filmfreak

^ What she said.

Plus I'd like to add that the Ace Attorney games are some of the funniest games you'll ever play!
Old 01-05-2012, 03:46 AM   #4

I would recommend Phoenix Wright to everyone, if you like a great story you'll find a masterpiece in these. They are fun, well written and unique. The cross interrogations are also a lot of fun. Some of the most wacky and unique characters you'll ever meet. Definitely pick it up and see how you like it
Old 01-05-2012, 09:22 AM   #5
Advie.1

Those are really some encouraging comments for Ace Attorney games, Thanks alot though i am not sure of the extensive dialog puzzles ... I love walking around lost in an adventure ,and when i find a clue , give it a try ... and (guess what!) it works; definitely orgasmic .
i am so glad that you guys here really friendly ... keep it up.

still nobody said anything bout #37 Stacking
Old 01-05-2012, 09:29 AM   #6

Ask yourself this: Do you like a good whodunnit/murder mystery?
Do you like thos 'oh snap' moments when a great twist is revealed? If yes then you'll have a blast playing PW.
Old 01-05-2012, 09:43 AM   #7
Senior *female* member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adventurere No.1 View Post
still nobody said anything bout #37 Stacking
Yeah, I'd like to hear more about Stacking as well.

And welcome to the forums, Adventurere No.1.
I wish people wouldn't choose such long nicknames... can I call you A1?
Old 01-05-2012, 12:55 PM   #8
Advie.1

lol, sounds better , i usually use that copy and paste option for names too ...
Thanks Fien