You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure What are your most anticipated 2012 adventure games?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2011, 04:38 PM   #61
Codger

Any game that doesn't require a game console. Any game that doesn't spring a new piece of hardware, e.g., the video requirement for Scratches, The Director's Cut. Any game that doesn't require the purchase of a new PC. I'm looking forward to just about any game that meets those requirements.
Old 12-10-2011, 09:31 PM   #62

pretty sad, nobody is waiting for "Prominence"
Old 12-10-2011, 10:42 PM   #63
Senior Automaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by droid View Post
What is this? I haven't heard of it.
Old 12-10-2011, 11:44 PM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
What is this? I haven't heard of it.
It's a science fiction adventure game.

Link: http://www.prominencegame.com/
Old 12-14-2011, 02:42 AM   #65

For me its Walking Dead or Fables.

http://www.sbnewsom.com/
Old 12-29-2011, 01:33 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by gray pierce View Post
Not because of JJ, obviously her role consists of phoning the production team every two months and talking to the head honcho for like 5 minutes.to me.
Actually, that's not quite accurate. The story could have been something completely different without Jane's involvement. She's come in at every critical turning point of the story and has indeed help steer it into the direction she finds necessary by providing paragraphs and paragraphs of her thoughts --She never overviews even the smallest of details and is very strong about picking the best pieces of the story and condensing it into what's shaping up to be a fantastic story about loss/grief and the way the different characters deal with it --In a way, the thematic is similar to that of Gray Matter from that point of view.

But rest assure, Jane and the team of writers and designers are talking constantly. It is our goal to continue to work with Jane in the future, after Cognition, and we've formed a very strong relation with her as we worked on another project with her in the past months --something that is on hold for the moment.

It is not Jane's story, but she's helped shape a great story into something fantastic and very strong. She'll be doing the same with the puzzles as soon as she gets her hands in the final script and we continue to work on the series, and she will be playtesting the game as soon as the first build is ready, to provide full feedback.

Jane's goal, first and foremost, is to make sure that this game is something that is of a good enough quality for her to attach her name to it. For that, she requested a contract where she would be paid a minimum amount of hours that would allow her to accomplish this goal.

She's an awesome person to work with, and I feel very blessed for the opportunity of working with her. The way she sees things, connects them, and trims the fat is very awesome. I'm very strong when it comes to having a direction of a story, but with her, I feel very comfortable to let her come in and readjust things. Because of that, I start seeing things where I previously didn't, and it helps me greatly to simplify where things are complicated (and doesn't need to be).

Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller will have Jane's stamp on it, even if, again, it's not a story she came up with herself.

Thanks for your support We are doing our best to deliver what could become one of the best adventures of 2012!
www.postudios.com
Old 12-30-2011, 06:13 PM   #67
Staff Member

Main ones I'm looking forward to:

Cognition
Haunted
Lucius
The Second Guest

But, really, I'm looking forward to playing some of the older games that have been sitting in my to-play pile for, oh, years. (I'm also looking forward to working on my own adventure game next year.)

Jason L Blair
Writer, Designer
www.JasonLBlair.com
Old 12-31-2011, 01:14 AM   #68
UnseenUniversity Graduate

I said earlier I wasn't looking forward to much, but after reading through everyone's lists I am excited for quite a few! Can't wait for some of them to be released!
Old 12-31-2011, 01:57 AM   #69

Botanicula and Samorost 3
Old 12-31-2011, 01:43 PM   #70
Easily amused

Rhem 5.
I got a Christmas postcard from Knut. Finger's crossed.
Old 12-31-2011, 04:33 PM   #71

I would say the following are much expected:

1) Deponia (Daedalic)
2) Haunted (Deck 13)
3) Testament of Sherlock Holmes (Frogwares)
4) Yesterday (Pendulo Studios)
5) Asylum (Agustin Cordes)
6) Bracken Thor (Iceberg Interactive)
7) Jack Keane II (Deck 13)

I want badly the ones with hand made graphics: Deponia and Haunted. Also Asylum.
Old 01-01-2012, 07:55 AM   #72
The Quiet One

Actually there is one adventure game I'm curious about: Revolution's secret project, which is to be released sometime this year.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 01-02-2012, 04:12 AM   #73
Schattenjäger

Here are the games that I look forward to in 2012:

Asylum,
Cognition,
The Last Crown,
The First Crown (Jonathan said that it would be released a short time after the second part so it might be released in 2012 eventhough I don't think so),
Prominence,
The 39 Steps,
Face Noir
Favorite games: Gabriel Knight series, Heavy Rain, Tex Murphy series, The Last Express, King's Quest 6 Phantasmagoria 1 and 2, The Lost Crown, Tender Loving Care, Blade Runner, Quest for Glory 4, Overclocked, The Dig, Dreamfall...
Old 01-24-2012, 06:58 AM   #74

Nothing before viewing this thread. Now: Stasis and maybe Cognition. Thanks to those who brought them to my attention.
Old 01-24-2012, 02:18 PM   #75

Nothing new but I have to say I'm really looking forward to:
The Last Crown
Bracken Tor

and now thanks to KittyKat, Delaware St. John 4. I really thought that whole series had gone the way of the Dodo. Thanks for the heads up!
Old 01-24-2012, 06:04 PM   #76

Anything related to Kings Quest or Space Quest!
Old 01-25-2012, 01:12 AM   #77

Secret Files 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_fpaguDleI
Memento Mori 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRO9ZCCJdd0&feature=player_embedded
Old 01-25-2012, 01:18 PM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonez View Post
Nothing new but I have to say I'm really looking forward to:
The Last Crown
Bracken Tor

and now thanks to KittyKat, Delaware St. John 4. I really thought that whole series had gone the way of the Dodo. Thanks for the heads up!
You're welcome! Speaking of which, Bryan Wiegele finally updated the facebook page! He says they're finally going into pre-production! I knew it wasn't dead!
Old 01-27-2012, 10:30 AM   #79

I'm also excited for Cognition. I've liked what PO has done with KQ: The Silver Lining and am excited for the prospect of them teaming up with Jane Jensen on the story and game structure.

Plus, I gave them $20 and know there will be a great return on the investment!

"You ever wish you could just follow your instincts, live for the moment?" - Gabriel Knight

Now playing - Legend of Grimrock
Need to finish - The Whispered World
Finished - Botanicula, The Journeyman Project 3: Legacy of Time
Up Next - A New Beginning, Monkey Island 2 Special Edition
Anticipating - Asylum, Bracken Tor, The Last Crown

Last edited by inm8#2; 01-27-2012 at 11:29 PM.
Old 01-28-2012, 01:00 AM   #80
keyboard lurker

As a fan of Doyle's work, I can't wait for the Testament.

The previous two were pretty good, even if Vs Jack the Ripper seemed to be much more lighter than Nemesis in terms of gameplay, but the atmosphere were extremely engaging in both games. And of course I loved the real time 1st person perspective (like in RealMyst) which I think has much to offer to the genre.

Quote:
I didn't know anything about that but its screenshots somehow remind me of Mission Critical. OK, Legend's game had a space station as a setting, this has a high tech facility but that's what I first thought when I saw it. I will definitely keep an eye on that.