You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure The Longest Journey: How Long?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2011, 10:58 AM   #21

Quote:
I agree. She should only listen to yours, the 'correct' one.
I do so love the way these things follow immediately after one another.

"Listen to me when I say, 'Don't listen to anyone.'"

Quote:
I only followed up with my positive opinion to provide a bit more balance to the topic...
Yeah 3 people agreed that TLJ isn't all that convention says it is and you needed to provide some more balance by weighing in on the side of convention...

Oy Vey.

:p
Old 09-06-2011, 05:50 PM   #22

Quote:
I followed up with my opinion to provide a bit more balance to the topic
Did you actually read the sentence you quoted? Just in case, please notice the bold bit above.

I didn't have convention in mind when I wrote my post, just the fact there were more negative or neutral opinions IN THIS topic than positive. I simply want to help sway the OP on to simply give the game a try him/herself just incase they were put off.

Can you provide a list with the AG universal convention. Just so I can check it before I make any future post on this forum.

Oy Vey

Dont know why im so argumentative recently. I think I wont visit this topic again.

Last edited by Idrisguitar; 09-06-2011 at 06:09 PM.
Old 09-10-2011, 02:33 PM   #23
King of the Wild Frontier

The first time I played it, I had a week off work (5 days), and played it for around 10 hours each day - and finished it on the Friday at 5pm. I was really drawn into it. So discounting install time, lunch time, probably around 40 hours. Second and third times played probably around 25 hours. There's a lot of spoken dialogue, some long cutscenes (one of them lasts for half an hour) - but it's all good stuff, it's not repetitive or boring, it's all really well written and either adds to the plot or the atmosphere. One of my favourite "puzzles" is listening to people of one of the magical race tell their myths, and then answering questions on them to get in to see the Elder - some of the tales last for 10 minutes of spoken word, and are really written in the style of old folktales. The attention to detail is fascinating - it's not like they couldn't have put a different puzzle in its place, they actually chose to write these stories and have them as integral parts of the game.
Old 09-10-2011, 09:05 PM   #24
MovieStar Adventurer!

Ahh... well for me I think I took about 70+ hours to finish it, but I can't be certain. It was an epic journey though, that's for sure! I agree with burns flipper, the puzzle with the elder was one of my favs too. It's well written and enjoyable. Overall, I'd say I will come back and play it again but I have other games to try first.
Old 09-10-2011, 10:01 PM   #25

Finished this afternoon! I think it took me around thirty hours, maybe thirty-five. (It's hard to judge my play times due to my habit of wandering off to make a cup of tea/do the laundry.) On the whole, I really enjoyed it. It's not flawless, but it is impressively epic with mostly good puzzles, engaging characters and stunning environments.

Never did figure out what that leaf of organic plastic was for, though. It vanished from my inventory toward the end and I'd never used it for anything!
Old 09-11-2011, 12:23 AM   #26
Senior *female* member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneS View Post
Never did figure out what that leaf of organic plastic was for, though. It vanished from my inventory toward the end and I'd never used it for anything!
If you plant it someplace (I forgot where exactly) it activates the Book of Secrets in the menu screen. Your diary, which you can read in-game and it will flash whenever something new is added.
Old 09-11-2011, 04:54 AM   #27
King of the Wild Frontier

Spoiler:
You plant it outside Abnaxus' tree house in Marcuria.
I think the Book of Secrets opens up at the end, once you've completed the whole thing? So this is just if you want to access it sooner.