You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure The Lost Mansion: Indie iPhone adv game

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2011, 10:37 PM   #1

Default The Lost Mansion: Indie iPhone adv game

Hi Guys! Just wanted to let you know that my myst-like adventure game, the Lost Mansion, is now available on iphone/ipad!. It has also been available on the mac app store for a while. I'm going to make it free in about a month if you don't feel like paying for it.

The Lost Mansion is an episodic first-person story-driven adventure game where you explore the deserted island of Naereaon and discover what occurred there. This is _NOT_ a puzzle driven game, so it will appeal more to kids/casual gamers than hardcore puzzle fans. I'm releasing the first episode on iPhone today, and assuming I get a descent level of interest I'm going to release the remaining episodes over the next month. Help support indie adventure games!

I also made a really simple free arcade game called Ink Dot if that is more your kind of thing

Check it out! Thanks!
Old 08-10-2011, 07:13 AM   #2
Ace Attorney

Send a message via AIM to shezcrafti

You know, I've been seeing/reading about a lot of adventure-type games for iOS devices lately; some of them look quite good, like Secret of Chateau de Moreau.

In general I'm not a fan of Macs (it's like against my religion or something) nor do I own any Mac devices save for an antiquated iPod Nano that I never use. Anyway... my point is that I'm beginning to wonder if I'm missing out on a lot of cool games.

Do you want Jane Jensen to make more amazing adventure games like Gabriel Knight and Gray Matter? Then PLEASE support her new studio Pinkerton Road on KickStarter!
Old 08-10-2011, 09:42 AM   #3
fov
Rattenmonster

Many of the adventure games on iPhone are ports or are also available on PC, but there are some exclusives worth checking out. I've had an iPod Touch for about a year and sure don't regret it.

Then again, I got mine for free with airline miles, it made the purchase decision easy.
Old 08-10-2011, 11:39 AM   #4

While my game was not originally made for iOS, I actually think it's a great platform for adv games - the touch interface works really well with the genre. I guess this applies to all touch devices, not specifically apple. I actually think it may be better than PC in the long run.

I've been working on some prototypes that take specific advantage of touch - haven't come up with anything great yet but I'm going to keep at it !

-James