You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Looking for non shot bright and happy pc-game

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2011, 01:35 PM   #1

Default Looking for non shot bright and happy pc-game

Hey,

I'm new on this forum and I have found some threads about Dreamfall and TLJ which alongside the first Atlantis games are the love of my life.

But I want to find a game with absolutley NO shoting or fighting and that is also bright and happy NOT scary. That is a point and click-game.

Any suggestions?
Old 06-05-2011, 11:00 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLJ_DF View Post
Hey,

I'm new on this forum and I have found some threads about Dreamfall and TLJ which alongside the first Atlantis games are the love of my life.

But I want to find a game with absolutley NO shoting or fighting and that is also bright and happy NOT scary. That is a point and click-game.

Any suggestions?
Machinarium
and
The Tiny Bang Story

These are very sweet, charming games that are colourful, bright and
are happy happy fun fun.
Enjoy!
Old 06-06-2011, 06:30 AM   #3

All the Broken Swords games are nice and funny.
Old 06-06-2011, 01:33 PM   #4

Thank you so much! I really appreciate your suggestions and I am going to try them! Thanks!

Old 06-06-2011, 10:48 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivynwater View Post
All the Broken Swords games are nice and funny.
The topic starter asked about a game which is bright and happy and not scary. Even though "Broken Sword" series is funny from times to times, mostly thanks to the witty and ironic remarks of George Stobbart, their main theme is actually rather dark. I think that the following games may better fit the bill:

-Monkey Island series
-Machinarium
-Samorost
-Ceville
-Ghost Pirates of Vooju Island
-So Blonde

I would also add "Back to the Future" game series to the list. They are mostly bright and happy, but like "Broken Sword", they have a dark side as well.
Looking forward to: Hitman: Absolution, Tomb Raider, Max Payne 3, The Last Crown, Bracken Tor, Sherlock Holmes: The Testament, Secret Files III
Old 06-07-2011, 05:58 AM   #6
I changed my title

A few freeware titles:

Nathan's Second Chance

Out of Order

Five Magical Amulets
Old 06-10-2011, 05:44 AM   #7
Senior Automaton

This is actually a tough one, as most games involve dark themes. Even Monkey Island has ghosts, and almost all games involve death of some kind. It's hard to find bright and happy games which are still mature and not for children.

Two I would recommend, which are both great games:
-Wallace & Gromit: Light and funny adventure for adults, with moderately difficult puzzles.
-The AGON games. About a professor going all around the world to find a series of puzzles laid out for him. Not a shred of darkness here.
Old 06-11-2011, 04:51 AM   #8

-Everlight.
-Lost Horizon.
-Moment of Silence.
Old 06-12-2011, 09:43 PM   #9
Senior Automaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niko View Post
-Moment of Silence.
Bright and happy?
Old 06-12-2011, 10:26 PM   #10
merely human

Well, there's Portal and Portal 2, which are first person puzzle games with strong stories. The narrative has its twisted moments but the writing is often hilarious and so fun. I beat the first Portal a long time ago and had just started Portal 2.

Here's a preview clip of Portal 2 showing gameplay.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 06-15-2011, 09:57 PM   #11

Well, like "Broken Sword", "Portal" games excel in witty and dark humor, but I still think that neither fit the "bright and happy" notion the topic starter mentioned.
Looking forward to: Hitman: Absolution, Tomb Raider, Max Payne 3, The Last Crown, Bracken Tor, Sherlock Holmes: The Testament, Secret Files III
Old 06-16-2011, 12:28 AM   #12
Red Bicycle Brake Unit

The Bone games are quite lovely. (See this week's Scene of the Week.) Those rat monsters shouldn't really scare anyone, and up only a small part of the games in any case.
Old 06-16-2011, 02:27 AM   #13
tsa
Playing character

The MDNA games are situated in a sunny Norrköping in Sweden. Although Carol Reed is a detective dealing with murders and abductions, the games are never scary, there's no shooting in them and they are very playable.
Furthermore there is The Ugly Prince Duckling, which is nice, and Ceville.

Edit: and of course there is the whole Myst series. Rand Miller hates violence in games, so there is none in Myst.
Old 06-16-2011, 05:10 AM   #14

Ha, that's an easy one: Leisure Suit Larry: Love for Sail! No shooting, no fighting, no dark themes. Only humour, leisure and love. And even after all those years it looks and sounds great. Just the right choice for a light, bright summer game.

Last edited by Arial Type; 06-16-2011 at 05:19 AM.
Old 06-16-2011, 07:19 AM   #15

Discworld 1/2

Discworld 1 however is ridiculously hard and quite often illogical, but even so, the positive aspects make this game a must play!

"He's the small boy that you have to give the ball to in order to retrieve the toilet brush from the kebab seller."

stepurhan -

"Only in an adventure gaming forum would you see a sentence like this. "