You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Memento Mori 2 announced

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2011, 01:41 AM   #1

Default Memento Mori 2 announced

Looks pretty good, and it uses a 3D engine!
http://worthplaying.com/article/2011/5/9/news/81286/

I didn't play the first game unfortunately, should I pick it up? The AG review makes me somewhat indecisive.
Old 05-10-2011, 07:16 AM   #2
Senior Automaton

The graphics look amazing. I may have to pick up the first Memento Mori just so I can play this.
Old 05-10-2011, 07:18 AM   #3
Life and times of...

Well, always a good thing when an AG gets a sequel - shows that there are at least some sales, so there's some hope (and proof we're not a dead genre).

Memento Mori is an alright game, I always did feel that there was promise for a much better game, so here's hoping they've learned from the last one and improved.

As for whether you should pick it up - it depends on you, really. If you're scarce on things to play then you could give it a whirl. If not, it depends on how high you've set your bar (as in standards, not alcohol). As far as I can remember it didn't really conjure up much emotions in any directions. It was fun enough while it lasted, but nothing spectacular.

In my opinion.

(Edit): The pics do look nice, even if the characters look a little stiff. I suppose no more Finland though (Not that it really had so much resemblance to Finland in reality).
Old 05-10-2011, 07:27 AM   #4

Memento Mori 1 isn't perfect but it's definitely worth playing. overall I found it an enjoyable and intriguing game with only a few (but sometimes very noticeable) flaws. I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for the sequel, and not just because I have a weakness for female red-headed protagonists...
non-adv: Dragon Age: Origins again and again...
Melody Gloucester Pegasus
Old 05-10-2011, 10:28 AM   #5
Replicant

The graphics look far and ahead of almost any adventure game I've seen. I just hope the gameplay/controls are good and not an awkward mess like the latest Broken Sword games.
Old 05-10-2011, 02:39 PM   #6

Well its certainly looks very nice. It will have to do a lot more than just pretty
graphics to get me interested. I dislike the 1st one for the simple reason it was
so boring. I felt nothing for the story or its characters.
Well if your really desperate for an AG to play Phaid then give it a go......
I'm personally not a fan but will try this new one.
Old 05-10-2011, 10:56 PM   #7

I have played the first game and was very dissapointed because it was bombastically announced and presented and it turned out to be a mediocre title in every sense. The "intriguing" story that some pre-reviews mentioned was rather boring and uninspiring, except of the dramatic ending. The gameplay was also too linear and simple for a "detective" adventure. Even the "Art of Murder" and "Chronicles of Mystery" series had more complex puzzles. Some of the locations were interesting, but they're often only a screen or two long. Typical.

This one screenshot of the sequel looks promising, though. Exotic locales are one of the things than can make me play a game that isn't much in other aspects. Shallow, I know.
Looking forward to: Hitman: Absolution, Tomb Raider, Max Payne 3, The Last Crown, Bracken Tor, Sherlock Holmes: The Testament, Secret Files III
Old 05-11-2011, 02:47 AM   #8

Great news. I liked the first game. It wasn't something great, but certainly above average. The screenshots look amazing.
Old 05-11-2011, 10:16 AM   #9

Looks great, but great graphics must coincide with proper animation, movement, controls, facial expressions, voice acting, etc. Its not going to do well. lol

http://www.sbnewsom.com/
Old 05-20-2011, 12:38 AM   #10
Senior Automaton

It would be nice if the characters could try to NOT move in slow-motion this time. That was infuriating in Memento Mori, waiting 10 seconds for my character to turn around and close the door.
Old 05-20-2011, 01:16 AM   #11

I will have this game in mind when it comes out.
Old 05-20-2011, 02:07 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
It would be nice if the characters could try to NOT move in slow-motion this time. That was infuriating in Memento Mori, waiting 10 seconds for my character to turn around and close the door.
That is a problem connected to your computer and the games minimum hardware requirements. Try to turn the option-settings lower or buy a new computer.
Old 05-20-2011, 03:01 AM   #13
Senior Automaton

How do you know? My computer is quite new and the graphics are very smooth, so it is not the system. It is the game, the characters are programmed to move incredibly slowly. You can see it on youtube videos too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usVwA3pjC30
Old 05-20-2011, 04:46 AM   #14
Schattenjäger

To me the first game was quite a surprise. I didn't expect much but I was very pleased about what I saw in the end. I like games that focus on telling a story and Memento Mori did that with a lot of cut-scenes fortunately.

Looking forward to the second game.
Favorite games: Gabriel Knight series, Heavy Rain, Tex Murphy series, The Last Express, King's Quest 6 Phantasmagoria 1 and 2, The Lost Crown, Tender Loving Care, Blade Runner, Quest for Glory 4, Overclocked, The Dig, Dreamfall...
Old 05-20-2011, 07:56 AM   #15
She Wants Revenge

I am looking forward to this too. I really liked the first game, it wasn't brilliant but it was very entertaining in every way. Too easy perhaps but I don't really play adventure for the challenge. Lots of other sequels are scrapped or postponed so this one is actually pretty high on my list of anticipated adventures.
Old 05-20-2011, 09:34 AM   #16

the first game definitely had its flaws but had a lot of good points, and if the developers have learned from the mistakes and are able to address them then the sequel could be very good
non-adv: Dragon Age: Origins again and again...
Melody Gloucester Pegasus
Old 05-20-2011, 12:29 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
How do you know?
I know because I didn't have to wait 10 seconds for my character to turn around and close the door.
Old 05-20-2011, 04:04 PM   #18
Senior Automaton

Well not quite 10 seconds, obviously. If it was then I'd have quit and uninstalled immediately. But you would think with an urgent and serious art case to be solved characters would not move like they are underwater or strolling in a park on a sunday.
Old 05-24-2011, 02:30 AM   #19
aye, aye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPtimist View Post

Memento Mori is an alright game, I always did feel that there was promise for a much better game, so here's hoping they've learned from the last one and improved.
+1!

...so I guess we all now know what ending the developers rooted for. The good one. Pft.
Website with Fansites [thornleaf.se]
Old 05-24-2011, 04:03 AM   #20
Senior Automaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
+1!

...so I guess we all now know what ending the developers rooted for. The good one. Pft.
Was the good one where he
Spoiler:
jumped out of the window and went into a coma?
Didn't that leave some uncertainty and a cliffhanger which the screenshots sort of spoil?