You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Hidden easter egg in Discworld and Discworld 2

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-17-2010, 11:06 AM   #1

Default Hidden easter egg in Discworld and Discworld 2

http://akril15.com/sr/discworld.html

I read this web page and was instantly very curious, so I searched the internet trying to find the solution to the hints and after much time searching I came across this web page:

This page gives you two links, one for each game. The Discworld page has a pretty big spoiler and the Discworld 2 page has a minor spoiler.

http://trueblueaussie.com/DiscworldEasterEggs.htm

I am wondering if anyone knows if it's real, also if the solutions in the second web page are correct. I searched for reports of people activating these easter eggs but I could not find any. Now I have no longer got the first game but I do have the second. I may play through it soon and see for myself but I may not for a while.

I am not quite sure of the logic in the hint for the first one though.

The hint is:

“In a large group, the ayes have it”

And the solution is to:

In sequence (like a combination lock), you must click on the following objects:

- The pickpocket's left eye
- The Amazon maiden's left nipple
- The pickpocket's right eye
- The Amazon maiden's right nipple

Anyone have anything they want to share?

Last edited by Dan_Dan_91_07; 12-18-2010 at 10:42 AM.
Old 12-17-2010, 11:26 AM   #2
A Slice of Fried Gold

Send a message via MSN to SamandMax Send a message via Yahoo to SamandMax

Wow! Now that's a great easter egg. I wish it wasn't so close to the end of the game, I'd love to pull out my copy of Discworld and try to hear it.

Bruce Springsteen - Wrecking Ball
They Might Be Giants - Dog Walker
The Kinks - Money Talks
Gorillaz - DoYaThing
Old 12-17-2010, 11:48 AM   #3

Also there is this:

http://trueblueaussie.com/SoundWizzard.htm

And no, I am not the author of this website, nor do I have anything to do with him.

Yeah SamandMax, I tried to search for a save file near the end of the game however I could not find one...

Lol, click the Amazon maiden's left nipple... click the Amazon maiden's right nipple.
Old 12-18-2010, 11:05 AM   #4

*waves hand*

I'm the one who created that first webpage, but I haven't updated it since I first posted it several years ago, and I was afraid that those two little mysteries might never be solved.

I'm glad to hear that the secrets have finally been released (though it looks like Dan Johnson's webpage discussing the Easter Eggs was created before I uploaded my page. Makes me wish I'd done a bit more searching before I did that.)

Looks like I'll have update my page now...
Old 12-28-2010, 09:42 PM   #5

Right, I started Discworld 2 again with the intention of finding this easter egg but I decided to look at some walkthroughs, soon after starting, to see when and where I would find the items needed, as I couldn't remember. I look at a couple though and I couldn't find any mention of a Chuckie doll anywhere.

Is there one or is the information not correct?
Old 12-29-2010, 12:16 AM   #6
Schattenjäger

its been a loong time since i played, but im 90% sure i remember finding a dummy doll like that.
Old 12-29-2010, 12:46 AM   #7

Well, I am half way through act 2 so far and I have yet to see it. I know you have to pick up
Spoiler:
the Suffrajester
which is the other item that is apparently required, maybe that is what you are remembering.
Old 12-29-2010, 08:14 AM   #8

Well, I can confirm that I could not find the that are items needed, according to the website. I examined it all, by dragging the cursor everywhere and hitting the examine button on everything. Well, actually I got to about the last 2 minutes of play-time but the game crashed and gave me a blue screen with the text “Discworld Overlapping (In Time) CD-Plays!), and because I never had a save file anywhere near where it crashed I decided not to continue, but the items wouldn’t of been available anyways. So you’re aware I was playing the Playstation version by the way, so possibly it is different on the PC version, but half of the walkthroughs I looked at (quite a few actually) were listed as being for the PC and I never found no mention of the item that is apparently needed.

Perhaps the author of the website is not Dave Johnston, but somebody committing fraud.
Old 12-29-2010, 09:38 AM   #9
I changed my title

Maybe you need to use the suffrajester with the possessed brick instead?
Old 12-29-2010, 09:56 AM   #10

I thought about that but it's not possible to have both in you inventory at the same time.

Edit - Also, I tried just using the brick, about twenty times, on the jester whilst shes tied up, but the dialogue caused by doing this never changed at all. I have a save from the place where it is supposed to happen though and I think I will try anyways to trigger a 5th scene, perhaps the websites just made some big mistakes in the description...

Last edited by Dan_Dan_91_07; 12-29-2010 at 10:05 AM.
Old 12-30-2010, 07:02 AM   #11

OMG!

It's actually in the game! I didn't think I would find it, but I did!

What you ACTUALLY need to do is use the Suffrajester with Rincewind twelve times. On the twelfth time Rincewind will say something different as he will say "Not a bad idea, but the legs seem to get in the way". Then, when you go through the stone circle for the twenty fifth time, you will see the easter egg!

The easter egg scene starts out the same as one of the others for a bit but then, BAM, they start saying the hidden lines.

I will post a video of it but first I need to figure out how to.

Can somebody PLEASE confirm Discworld 1 for me? It shouldn't take too long if you have a walkthrough with you or maybe somebody here has a save file that they wouldn't mind sharing or maybe you can find one on the internet. However, if it's like this one, the solution won't be exactly right, I wonder why it wasn't though? Anyways, I think the Discworld 1 easter egg is more interesting as it isn't censored but still, I can't believe I found it!!

Edit - I have just done some experimenting and I have found out a couple things.

The two Rincewinds scene is cause by going through the circle five times without skipping the animation shown whilst Rincewind is travelling through it. However these five times do not have to be in order so you could press the skip button on the fifth time, have that time not counted, and then go through the circle again without pressing the skip button and get the scene.

There are normally four of these scenes, if you do the above formula after viewing four scenes and you have not performed the requirements for the hidden scene, then you will see a previous scene

The hidden two Rincewinds scene is shown by viewing the four normal scenes at least once without pressing the skip button whilst viewing the scenes (you can however skip lines of dialogue individualy) between the two Rincewinds, using the Suffrajester on Rincewind at least twelve times (these twelve times do not have to be one after another) and then going through the circle the required amount of times/way for seeing a two Rincewind scene.

Last edited by Dan_Dan_91_07; 12-31-2010 at 12:55 AM.
Old 12-31-2010, 02:03 AM   #12

Okay everybody

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xgc...egg_videogames

Yeah, the bad quality is because I only had my phone avalible to record it.

This and the other Easter egg (If it exists, though it seems very likely it does) should really be listed in some top Easter egg lists.

I may be able to borrow a copy of Discworld 1 at some point in the near future to check that one, also I feel the need for some more of Discworld's amazing humour. I may not be able to though, if this was the case then I might possibly purchase a copy of it, but then again I might not.

Edit - I have done quite a bit of searching the internet and I have not been able to find anybody saying/showing what the solution is. If there isn't anybody who has done this then... I am the first! Yeah, I think that's pretty unbelievable lol.

Last edited by Dan_Dan_91_07; 12-31-2010 at 05:12 AM.
Old 12-31-2010, 04:42 AM   #13

Very cool that you finally made it, congratulations! I haven't watched the video as I intend to try this myself some time (I've been planning a Discworld replay for a while now). Please let us know if you manage to get the egg in the first game as well!
Old 01-01-2011, 10:47 AM   #14

Yeah, thanks mate and I would definitely do that.
Old 01-01-2011, 12:08 PM   #15

Great work figuring that second Easter Egg out, Dan! I've finally updated my page with information about the "newly" revealed Easter Eggs. (I'm still pretty surprised that these secrets have remained hidden for so long.)
Old 01-01-2011, 12:38 PM   #16
A Slice of Fried Gold

Send a message via MSN to SamandMax Send a message via Yahoo to SamandMax

That's fantastic, good job Dan.

Bruce Springsteen - Wrecking Ball
They Might Be Giants - Dog Walker
The Kinks - Money Talks
Gorillaz - DoYaThing
Old 01-02-2011, 03:17 AM   #17

Yeah thanks everybody.

Akril, I am really pleased with the mention on your website . Also, I'm surprised as well that how it's done has not been figured out before now.
Old 01-05-2011, 11:25 AM   #18
The Quiet One

Great find! I was well aware of these easter eggs (especially from DW1), but I'd never triggered them myself. However, I thought that they had been discovered/triggered before. Obviously not.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour
Old 01-08-2011, 05:53 AM   #19

Okay, I managed to get Discworld 1 but I have been unable to activate the Easter Egg.

I was aware of something Dave Johnston has said about the Easter Eggs however:

"Back to a previous Discworld related comment, the Discworld 1 Easter Egg solution on www.trueblueaussie.com is wrong. A corrected solution will be posted as soon as I remember the actual sequence (it was 10 years ago after all). I have been sent save games and specific engine versions to test it.

The Discworld 2 cheat is correct and should already work on all versions. Psygnosis allowed the insertion of the cheat into the second game, but insisted that that key words in the Eric Idle "sequel" phrase be beeped over to avoid offence."

Source - http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic....=asc&start=120

Which basically means he knows he has forgot for the first game and he doesn’t know that he has forgot for the second game. I wanted to give them a go anyways and do a bit of trial and error to try and activate it if it didn't work, however I couldn’t activate it.

I have been thinking about the meaning of the hint, I can’t work out what you have to do though.

"In a large crowd" - It seems very likely it's at the scene at the end.

"The ayes have it" - "Ayes" means the total number of people voting ‘yes’ in a formal debate, for example in a parliament. The phrase as a whole means more people have voted for something than against it.

"ayes" - is said the same as eyes and the plural form of the letter "I".

"aye" - is something said by pirates/sailors.

Anyone have any ideas or want to hunt with me?
Old 01-08-2011, 10:40 AM   #20

This does intrigue me but it's going to take forever to play through the game. I'll see if I can give it a go some time soon.

What I don't get is how Dave Johnston can at one point give hints for the egg, and later claim that he doesn't remember how to activate it. Perhaps a few years passed between those two statements, I don't know. Anyway, can we know for sure that his hint is trustworthy? What if he misremembered?

Also, his proposed solution (which is apparently incorrect) doesn't make sense in relation to his hint. Clicking the pickpocket's eyes could be logical, but why him? And why did he spell it "ayes" with an A? And what do the Amazon's nipples have to do with the hint?

Also, I couldn't find the pickpocket/street starfish in the screen-shot. I'm pretty sure that arrow is pointed at someone else - the "street starfish" has longer hair I think.

Regarding your suggestions, Dan: I don't remember for sure, but I don't think there's any voting going on in that last scene. There are no sailors in the game either, iirc.