You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Gray Matter Reactions

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2010, 06:42 AM   #121

Since some people here obviously are playing a pirated version of Gray Matter, could someone clarify if the downloadable version available from Gamer Unlilited:

http://gamerunlimited.gamesplanet.co...r-2194-14.html

is a complete English version of Gray Matter? Or is it the German version with english subtitles, or something else?
Old 11-15-2010, 06:53 AM   #122

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roper Klacks View Post
What about the positive points? Why people always focus so much on the negative side of things...
That is the whole point of reviews, to be critical of negatives. If a game has easy puzzles, That is the sole reason to play for many adventure gamers. Good for them for pointing out the flaws.

Last edited by darthmaul; 11-15-2010 at 07:03 AM.
Old 11-15-2010, 06:59 AM   #123

I mean, if no one can answer my question above, that means every single person in this thread is playing the pirated version! That's pretty f**ked up.
Old 11-15-2010, 07:03 AM   #124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borgar View Post
I mean, if no one can answer my question above, that means every single person in this thread is playing the pirated version! That's pretty f**ked up.
Or you could just read the thread, which already answered it multiple times. Start at the beginning.
Old 11-15-2010, 07:04 AM   #125

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthmaul View Post
That is the whole point of reviews, to be critical of negatives. If a game has easy puzzles, what is the point? No, "stories" of adventure games just don't hold a candle to importance of puzzles, which is what the games are based around.
From were i come from a review or critic, of every kind of entertaining and/or art form, has to have the good and bad points. Just focusing on one of them is an incompetent work fueled by hatred or fanatism. And as a matter of fact the review Kuze mentioned did have positive points listed.

Quote:
You posted your question 15 minutes ago, give a little time.
Old 11-15-2010, 07:11 AM   #126

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthmaul View Post
Or you could just read the thread, which already answered it multiple times. Start at the beginning.
I've read it. But as far as I can see, nobody explicitly say they're playing the version downloaded from Gamer Unlimited. Are you?
Old 11-15-2010, 07:15 AM   #127
Senior *female* member

Quote:
Sweetheart, I'm sure I'm not the only one playing the boxed retail version. Delivered to the Netherlands, only two days after the German release, by reliable amazon.de. If the German/English download version is the same as the retail version, and why shouldn't it be, you get everything in English - voices, subtitles, menu.
Old 11-15-2010, 07:26 AM   #128

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fien View Post
Sweetheart, I'm sure I'm not the only one playing the boxed retail version. Delivered to the Netherlands, only two days after the German release, by reliable amazon.de. If the German/English download version is the same as the retail version, and why shouldn't it be, you get everything in English - voices, subtitles, menu.

"I'm sure", "If, if ..." .. you are only giving me conjectures. I would just like to have it clearified from someone who has actually downloaded the version from Gamer Unlimited if this version is a full english version. Why is that so difficult?

But anyway thanks for the answer ... Sweetheart.
Old 11-15-2010, 07:33 AM   #129
Senior *female* member

Quote:
"I'm sure", "If, if ..." .. you are only giving me conjectures. I would just like to have it clearified from someone who has actually downloaded the version from Gamer Unlimited if this version is a full english version. Why is that so difficult?

But anyway thanks for the answer ... Sweetheart.
Dearie, I don't enjoy being accused of pircacy just because the people who can answer your question are not on-line right now. Go **** yourself.
Old 11-15-2010, 07:43 AM   #130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fien View Post
Dearie, I don't enjoy being accused of pircacy just because the people who can answer your question are not on-line right now. Go **** yourself.

Well "deary", touchy, are we? Chill down. I'm not accusing anyone here; just stating the obvious. I don't really care where you or anyone else on this forum have acquired GM. But it would be really satisfying if someone could answer my question.
Old 11-15-2010, 07:52 AM   #131
Senior *female* member

Heh. Bloody impatient adolescents. They come in here and demand to be served. NOW!
It would be really satisfying if nobody answered your question.

EDIT: Terabin, that link is not an illegal download.
Old 11-15-2010, 07:56 AM   #132

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terabin View Post
Someone ban this guy please? We're not going to talk the specifics about downloading the game illegally on the forum. It's forum policy as Jack alluded to a few pages earlier.
What are you talking about? Is it me you are referring to? In that case what do you mean by "talk the specifics about downloading the game illegally"? Elaborate, please?
Old 11-15-2010, 08:02 AM   #133
Tell me This is It

Send a message via AIM to Terabin

Quote:
What are you talking about? Is it me you are referring to? In that case what do you mean by "talk the specifics about downloading the game illegally"? Elaborate, please?
Borgar, my mistake. I thought the link you were posting was to a pirated version.

Last edited by Terabin; 11-15-2010 at 08:16 AM.
Old 11-15-2010, 08:16 AM   #134

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannes View Post
I wanna point out that the loading times are not long if you've got a modern pc/laptop. I'm playing with Sony Vaio E-series laptop and I don't even have time to read the texts on the screen before it's already loaded. So, it's not the game, it's your pc.
Well, I bought my lap only this year, and it was pretty modern at that time. It must be my karma. I'll keep experimenting.
And btw I'm not the one blaming the graphics. It's the potential players who will reject to play GM because "it looks dated". I don't like them either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidrath View Post
Just a note: this is not the same engine as in So Blonde, neither the first nor the Nintendo version. Not that it matters or anything, but for clarity's sake ^^
The game gets better and better Thank you for the hint.
Old 11-15-2010, 08:23 AM   #135
Freeware Co-ordinator

OK. Everyone needs to calm down a bit.

@Borgar, if you really want to know the answer to your question then why are you not contacting the shop? They are much more likely to be able to answer your question than people on this forum. In any case you need to can the attitude now. If you've read the forum rules you'll note that "Respect each other" is included in there. You are showing a fundamental lack of respect for other members and this will not be tolerated. Further outbursts are likely to result in a temporary loss of posting privileges at least. If you look through the thread properly as suggested you will see another legitimate download link has been posted already.

@Fien. Even with provocation you know better than to post abuse, even asterisked out. I'm going to make an exception this time but don't do it again.
No Nonsense Nonsonnets #43

Cold Topic

A thread most controversial, that’s what I want to start
Full of impassioned arguments, of posting from the heart
And for this stimulation all will be thankful to me
On come on everybody it won’t work if you agree
Old 11-15-2010, 08:32 AM   #136
Tell me This is It

Send a message via AIM to Terabin

Thanks for that stepurhan. I must admit my mistake too in reacting strongly to borgar, as I had false assumptions about the kind of game download he was referring to.

It would be nice if these issues concerning where/how to get this game and information about those sources had their own thread. They don't seem to fit in the game reaction thread.
Old 11-15-2010, 08:42 AM   #137
Freeware Co-ordinator

NIce in theory, but, as well as having multiple threads on the same game, I suspect you'd end up with posts regularly ending up in the wrong thread anyway.

Cold Topic

Old 11-15-2010, 08:45 AM   #138

I apologise to everyone for any provocative statement coming from me.

One additional question: Maybe I'm blind or something, but seriously I can't find the alternative download link stepurhan is mentioning above. Could someone help me out on this?
Old 11-15-2010, 08:55 AM   #139
Freeware Co-ordinator

I've looked back and the link was actually the same as the one you posted. I know the person posting got the boxed version and so will be unable to answer your question. Later posts indicate others have used that link but they haven't been on since you posted your query. Hopefully someone able to answer your question will be on soon.

Meanwhile, a disc version can be purchased from German Amazon which is also playable in English

Gray Matter on German Amazon

Confirmation on DTP forums that this version is playable in English
(fourth post in the linked thread)

Cold Topic

Old 11-15-2010, 11:19 AM   #140

Quote:
Since some people here obviously are playing a pirated version of Gray Matter, could someone clarify if the downloadable version available from Gamer Unlilited:

http://gamerunlimited.gamesplanet.co...r-2194-14.html

is a complete English version of Gray Matter? Or is it the German version with english subtitles, or something else?
doesn't look like anyone has answered this yet so i can say 100% it is fully in english, voices and subtitles, just select english language at the start of the installer and then the whole thing is in english, no need to select a menu option in game or anything.